Military spending boost the economy

emilseine

Gold Member
Jul 2, 2022
Should we be using the same amount of money we used during WW2 for military spending? People say we spend too much but shouldn't we be prepared for a cosmic size war so we can help the economy? If we don't do that then we may not be able to dig ourselves out of another depression. The war led to thousands of jobs and ppl joining the army. So when a liberal says we spend too much should we say no we need to so we can better the economy.

The World Wars were good for our economy because our productive capabilities increased and the rest of the world had to buy our products. Later wars may have helped with arms sales, but using up huge quantities of our own military supplies and equipment for little or no benefit does not help.

• Banned
Constant war abroad leads to tyranny at home. This old truism was known to generations of Americans going back to the Founders. It is unknown today, but is still true. We’re watching it happen before our eyes.
Yeah but wouldn't you agree if we invested as much as the depression and started a fight wherever that our economy would get better? Am I onto something here? Why are liberals against spending high dollars on the army when it helps the economy? Don't they know our history and the great depression?

Yeah but wouldn't you agree if we invested as much as the depression and started a fight wherever that our economy would get better? Am I onto something here? Why are liberals against spending high dollars on the army when it helps the economy? Don't they know our history and the great depression?
Your entire premise is wrong. War only benefits bankers, war material makers, and politicians. This is why we are always at war.

Do you think it right to murder millions of foreign civilians so that our economy does well?

Should we be using the same amount of money we used during WW2 for military spending? People say we spend too much but shouldn't we be prepared for a cosmic size war so we can help the economy? If we don't do that then we may not be able to dig ourselves out of another depression. The war led to thousands of jobs and ppl joining the army. So when a liberal says we spend too much should we say no we need to so we can better the economy.
Military spending is the absolute worst thing to overspend on.

Assuming you are not for drowning the country in debt?
Every dollar spent on the military means a taxpayer's dollar that could have otherwise been spend by that taxpayer on something useful - like a phone, car, food, furniture, clothing, housing, etc..
And they increase the quality of that taxpayer's life.

A main battle tank costs millions and is totally useless for anything but blowing up stuff/killing people.
If there is no war - the money is wasted.
And they do NOTHING to increase the quality of taxpayer's lives.

The Founding Fathers had it right on this.
You have the smallest, peacetime armed forces you can.
But have a strong, well-trained reserves.
And you then - like just before WW2 - convert private production to military production ONLY when needed.

Just ask people from the old Soviet Union and North Korea if throwing, GIGANTIC sums of money at the military results in a higher, standard of living?

Military spending is the absolute worst thing to overspend on.

Assuming you are not for drowning the country in debt?
Every dollar spent on the military means a taxpayer's dollar that could have otherwise been spend by that taxpayer on something useful - like a phone, car, food, furniture, clothing, housing, etc..
And they increase the quality of that taxpayer's life.

A main battle tank costs millions and is totally useless for anything but blowing up stuff/killing people.
If there is no war - the money is wasted.
And they do NOTHING to increase the quality of taxpayer's lives.

The Founding Fathers had it right on this.
You have the smallest, peacetime armed forces you can.
But have a strong, well-trained reserves.
And you then - like just before WW2 - convert private production to military production ONLY when needed.

Just ask people from the old Soviet Union and North Korea if throwing, GIGANTIC sums of money at the military results in a higher, standard of living?
You say it's the worth thing to spend money on but yet we did it during ww2 and look how that worked out. Even if we don't use hardly any of the equipment we will still not be wasting it b/c it will help the economy. Hey it worked with FDR didn't it?

I'm reading articles that say it works when u boost mliitary spending and they quote ww2/ Am I blowing all your minds with my logic?

We need to spend more to replace fresh water pipes, sewer pipes, Missouri/Mississippi rivers aqueduct across Kansas into the Colorado river. Increase power grid & shield against nuclear attack.

We should invade Canada

I'm reading articles that say it works when u boost mliitary spending and they quote ww2/ Am I blowing all your minds with my logic?
We have all heard that crap before. It's BS! Same as "broken window economic theory"

Go throw a brick through your windows or burn down your house, then tell us how you prospered.

We need to spend more to replace fresh water pipes, sewer pipes, Missouri/Mississippi rivers aqueduct across Kansas into the Colorado river. Increase power grid & shield against nuclear attack.
So your for spending at a rate of ww2 rates? This would boost the economy, we should just start a huge war and then when it ends do it again, this willl save the econmoy forever. We are warmongers anyways so this is a great idea. I read that during the great depression lots of military spending got us out of it. So how is this different?

1656963606767.png

Yeah. And perhaps we can leave forty billion dollars of military equipment in the Ukraine after it falls to Russia like we did in Afghanistan.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Forum List

Back