Military court rules "Bump Stocks," are not machine guns.....duh.....

I am trying to educate you....there IS no way to limit the firepower. Especially now with 3d printing.

Now even simpletons can do the manufacturing to bypass whatever law you decide to pass.

So, evil people will ignore your laws, and the innocent will suffer.
You're
I am trying to educate you....there IS no way to limit the firepower. Especially now with 3d printing.

Now even simpletons can do the manufacturing to bypass whatever law you decide to pass.

So, evil people will ignore your laws, and the innocent will suffer.
I'm not sure if you are really that dense or if you just can't stand to admit you are wrong. Of course there are 3d printed guns, and people who illegally modify guns, and that won't change. However, those things have very little to do with our gun supply. For each gun made with some other method, there are probably thousands made by manufacturers. Home made or modified guns won't compete with gun manufacturers any time soon. Do you agree that machine guns should be virtually banned as they are now? (yes, I know there are a tiny amount of legal fully automatic guns. Quit nit picking. )

You're

I'm not sure if you are really that dense or if you just can't stand to admit you are wrong. Of course there are 3d printed guns, and people who illegally modify guns, and that won't change. However, those things have very little to do with our gun supply. For each gun made with some other method, there are probably thousands made by manufacturers. Home made or modified guns won't compete with gun manufacturers any time soon. Do you agree that machine guns should be virtually banned as they are now? (yes, I know there are a tiny amount of legal fully automatic guns. Quit nit picking. )

Yeah, they will. So called ghost guns already do. And no, I don't think machine-gun should be banned.

No legally owned machine-gun has ever been used in a crime save one time.

A cop used his Transferable MAC 10 to try and murder his wife IIRC.

So, over 175,000 weapons, and one crime by a cop.

That was the point of my post. Instead of trying to determine every way possible to make a gun fire that fast, we need to just ban guns that are capable of rapid fire at that level. If it can fire that fast, by whatever means, it should be banned. Of course, existing guns would probably have to be grandfathered in, just like machine guns were, but any future manufactured guns would have to limt the rate of fire.

You are an idiot. Cars kill far more people than guns do, so we need to prevent them from going at high speed...no one needs to drive faster than 25 miles an hour...

you idiot.

Do you agree with the machine gun ban? Why do you think machine guns were banned? It was because of their rate of fire. Advances in technology have made that ban obsolete, because the rate of fire can be matched by newer designs, but the fact remains that machine guns were banned because of ther rate of fire. No other reason.

The machine gun was banned because they didn't think things through...normal people weren't shooting people, criminals, again, were doing all of the shooting.

What do you mean "newer," designs? The semi-auto rifle has been in existence at the same time the machine gun was in existence, you idiot. Only now do you have a problem with it.

How about we start banning criminals...by locking them up and keeping them locked up when we catch them, instead of doofuses like you and the democrats releasing them over and over again..

Mass public shooters? 12 in 2019......out of over 330 million people....

They killed a total of 73 people.

deer kill 200 people a year

ladders kill 350 people a year

Lawn mowers kill between 90-100 people a year.

Rifles are not a problem.....criminals are the actual problem and you don't care about them for some stupid reason..

Criminals in democrat party controlled cities kill almost all of the 10,258 gun murder victims in 2019......and almost all of the victims were criminals engaged in being criminals.

They didn't use rifles....you dipshit...

You focus on the rarest of rare events and the rarest of rare weapons because they are covered 24/7 when a mass public shooting happens...meanwhile, you guys completely ignore the actual criminals, who are mostly young black males murdering other young black males with handguns....because that doesn't scare normal people....because normal people understand that if they don't live in democrat party crap hole cities, and in those tiny areas in those cities where the democrats allow gangs to run wild, then they will likely never even see gun crime.

But you can't ban guns if you focus on actual crime...so you focus on the mass public shooters because they give you 24/7 news coverage to scare normal people.......

You are an idiot.

They were banned because of their rate of fire. No other reason. Do you agree with the machine gun ban?

I don't....I support a ban on criminals...a life ban on any criminal caught with an illegal gun...that stops crime...not banning guns.

You don't agree we should have laws, yet you claim to agree with the constitution. What a goofy little putz you are.

Machiine guns are banned in Mexico......and the drug cartels have all the machine guns they want...

Fully automatic military weapons are banned in Europe.....and they are the preferred weapon of the European criminal gangs....

You don't understand the topic.....you don't know what you are talking about.

Some individuals have always had the ability to make modifications, but that has nothing to do with what is legal and available over the counter. An illegally modified machine gun will still be an illegally modified machine gun. Banning the manufacture and sales of machine guns, as if they were any other gun was done for one reason, and one reason only. Their rate of fire was too high. Laws concentrating on how they were designed seemed like a good way to reduce the number of high firing guns on the street at the time, In time it proved to not solve the initial problem of an extremely high firing rate. If we ban bump stocks, someone will design something else that will do the same thing, only better. That's why we should do what should we didn't know to do from the start. Ban guns with the ability to rapid fire. Manufacturers can come up with any design they want, as long as it meets other applicable standards, and is not capable of exceptionally high firing rate. Yes, some people will still be able to illegally modify them just like they can now, I have no idea how they might limit the firing rate, but I also have no doubt that someone will know. When a gun is found with it's rate limiting ability bypassed, it would be the same as when they find a gun with an illegal DIAS now.

No....ban criminals instead. That is the one thing you don't want to do.

You are an idiot. Cars kill far more people than guns do, so we need to prevent them from going at high speed...no one needs to drive faster than 25 miles an hour...

you idiot.
Yes, we do have speed limits, dumb ass.

You're

Wrong.
Machine guns can not be legally banned or are banned.
All the government has or can do is limit the sale of machine guns to those with licenses and have paid the $200 tax.
If you make it yourself, then all you have to do is pay the tax.

8 rounds from a revolver (much heavier trigger) in 1 second:

Here's a binary trigger shooting 20 rounds in 2 seconds.

I'll concede on the 9 rounds per second - for now. The fastest video I can find is 7 rounds on a standard trigger. With a slide-fire stock or even simple bump firing with a standard AR, you can easily achieve that kind of fire rate, though, in short bursts.

I had a binary trigger for one of my ARs.

One hundred times more accurate and more reliable than a bump stock.

However, still nothing more than a range toy.

It could put a lot of rounds down range. Almost as fast as full auto. However, it could never be a serious tactical weapon.

I am an experienced shooter. I could get the pull shot on target but the release was always way off. Like 8-10 inches at 100 yds off.

If you were using it for suppression fire then it would work but unless you practiced a whole lot you were never going to do double taps with it.

I probably shot close to a thousand rounds trying to develop the skill to control the release shot and was never successful. I'm sure there are some people who could do it but I don't think a normal shooter could.

The Las Vegas shooter would have been much more deadly from his position if he used a binary trigger instead of a bump stock.

I had a binary trigger for one of my ARs.

One hundred times more accurate and more reliable than a bump stock.

However, still nothing more than a range toy.

It could put a lot of rounds down range. Almost as fast as full auto. However, it could never be a serious tactical weapon.

I am an experienced shooter. I could get the pull shot on target but the release was always way off. Like 8-10 inches at 100 yds off.

If you were using it for suppression fire then it would work but unless you practiced a whole lot you were never going to do double taps with it.

I probably shot close to a thousand rounds trying to develop the skill to control the release shot and was never successful. I'm sure there are some people who could do it but I don't think a normal shooter could.

The Las Vegas shooter would have been much more deadly from his position if he used a binary trigger instead of a bump stock.

With such a large group of people, in the dark, likely aiming was not necessary or change much.
Its just lucky did not use something like a skyrocket with toxic chemicals.
He could then have killed far more.

With such a large group of people, in the dark, likely aiming was not necessary or change much.
Its just lucky did not use something like a skyrocket with toxic chemicals.
He could then have killed far more.

He fired a little over a thousand round and got about a little less than 500 hits, some of the hits were ricochets.

We don't know how many of the bullets fired were from the one firearm with a bump stock. From what I know about bump stocks I suspect very few. Probably less than 100 given the way that a bump stock jams up a rifle.

I don't think he was very knowledgeable of firearms. I see people like him at the range all the time. They have the firearms and the ammo but not the skills or knowledge to be effective.

The only thing he did right was pick the tactical elevation. If he was knowledgeable of firearms he could have significantly increased his fire rate and accuracy and could have caused many more casualties.

The guy was rich. Thank god he didn't use his money to buy black market F-A weapons. Instead of 60 people dying there could have been 600.

I am an experienced shooter. I could get the pull shot on target but the release was always way off. Like 8-10 inches at 100 yds off
Mine has a 20" barrel, bipod and weighted handguards. 3-4" @ 100.

Mine has a 20" barrel, bipod and weighted handguards. 3-4" @ 100.
Those things would have helped.

I had my binary on a standard M-4 type AR. I could do a little better on the bench but off hand it was terrible.

Maybe the right configuration for a binary would be a heavy barrel with a bipod.

Those things would have helped.
I had my binary on a standard M-4 type AR. I could do a little better on the bench but off hand it was terrible.
Maybe the right configuration for a binary would be a heavy barrel with a bipod.
I tried it with all of my uppers, pistol to A2. Fun.
Then I built the heavy A2 upper for it. Not surprisingly, it shoots very well in SA.

I tried it with all of my uppers, pistol to A2. Fun.
Then I built the heavy A2 upper for it. Not surprisingly, it shoots very well in SA.

I have a Class III M-16. I bought it in the early 70s.

I put aside the original parts but use the stripped lower with modern parts and upper.

I mostly put A-1 type uppers on it. With the light barrel and on F-A off hand I can usually get 3-4 inch groups at 100 yds with a three or four shot burst. Of course I have had decades of practice. On the bench with a rest I can cut that off an inch or more if the ammo is decent.

I can control the short burst but if I fired a string then the group really opens up.

I tried a heavy barrel once. It didn't help at all on the off hand but did better on the bench. In fact it hurt on the off hand. I got worse groups.

Having fired a M-16 for decades I have developed my own load for it.

Since I only use it as a range toy no need to have hot loads. If I ever need it for the zombie apocalypse I would use M-193 or M-855 ammo.

The load I have is the minimal power to recycle the action. That cuts back on recoil and barrel wear. Makes shooting it more fun.

Forum List

Back