Military Braggarts

Every run across Military Braggarts? You know... the ones who lie about their "service" and what they have done, gained, earned? You the ones who somehow are in ever battle, saved everyone and killed everything in site? Wounded but have no scars, advanced skills that are never used? The pissant grunts who somehow turn into officers but have no stripes?

I am wondering what you think of the people who do this?

Scars are not always visible when Combat Vets have their clothes on.
Officers do not have stripes on their shoulders.
I take exception to idiots that malign grunts. I was a Marine Grunt in Vietnam and proud of it!.

Over all your statement tells me you have absolutely no knowledge of the military. Those of us who served in the Armed Forces know how to ferret out the phonies.

We have no use for irrelevant fools like you.

Now we are getting somewhere along the lines of my OP.... good. Again...i make ZERO claim of being military.

And since you seem to know it all, maybe you can help....How do people who are not military..... ferret out the phonies? How do military ferret out the phonies. What do you think about these phonies.
We know the questions to ask them. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know how we feel about them.

I take exception to idiots that malign grunts. I was a Marine Grunt in Vietnam and proud of it!.

Over all your statement tells me you have absolutely no knowledge of the military. Those of us who served in the Armed Forces know how to ferret out the phonies.

Now we are getting somewhere along the lines of my OP.... good. Again...i make ZERO claim of being military.

And since you seem to know it all, maybe you can help....How do people who are not military..... ferret out the phonies? How do military ferret out the phonies. What do you think about these phonies.
We know the questions to ask them. You do not have to be a rocket scientist to know how we feel about them.

You're a poser.
And a phony.

USMC "Stinker" is more appropriate.

You aren't fit to suck a Lance Corporal's balls.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Every run across Military Braggarts? You know... the ones who lie about their "service" and what they have done, gained, earned? You the ones who somehow are in ever battle, saved everyone and killed everything in site? Wounded but have no scars, advanced skills that are never used? The pissant grunts who somehow turn into officers but have no stripes?

Those who would lie about their military service will lie about other things. In time they betray themselves. Mostly I feel sorry for 'em, trying to steal honor is a sorry situation to be in.

I spent 8 years in the Air Force from 1979 to 1987 and loved every minute of it, deployed to Lebanon for 90 days for some saber rattling but never saw combat.

Is that bragging?

Oh... I know... I've been to Area 51... TWICE... :razz:

Last edited:
My dad served in the Pacific during WWII and in Korea. Earned a bronze and silver star. Never once talked about it.

My Dad served on Manus Island in WW2. He was a BM2 - US Navy.

Woke up every morning and strafed the jungle with a 50 cal.

Killed "Japs" (as he called them) - by the hundreds.

We talked about it all the time.

Too bad your Dad wasn't willing to share.

My Dad had some incredible stories.

I spent 8 years in the Air Force from 1979 to 1987

Sorry to hear that (LOL).....

I know you're one who can accept service rivalry -

Thanks for your service my good friend.
Hell yes... I expect some good ole ribbing from my brothers in arms that were in a different branch. We've earned the right to do that.

Thank you too pard... :beer:

Lots of people do or do not speak of their time in the military for various reasons. Some only spent two to four years and others spent decades in the service to their country. The U.S. military is probably this country's most respected institutions and I do not mind talking about my part while I was a member for 26 years.

There are numerous things I can talk about that do not involve super secret stuff, blood and guts, things that make me do a thousand yard stare, or otherwise. I also enjoy mentioning on occasion my son and his service as a Marine officer. As always, people can choose to read or disregard my comments on this message board.

I spent 8 years in the Air Force from 1979 to 1987

Sorry to hear that (LOL).....

I know you're one who can accept service rivalry -

Thanks for your service my good friend.
Hell yes... I expect some good ole ribbing from my brothers in arms that were in a different branch. We've earned the right to do that.

Thank you too pard... :beer:

79 - 87? I was at Wright-Patt, Keesler, and Einsiedlerhof during those years. Bless and keep you all brothers.

There are numerous things I can talk about that do not involve super secret stuff, blood and guts, things that make me do a thousand yard stare, or otherwise. I also enjoy mentioning on occasion my son and his service as a Marine officer. As always, people can choose to read or disregard my comments on this message board.

Let's talk Sea Bats
A Bucket of Steam
Relative Bearing Grease

Shit like that...... LOL

Hey - did i ever ask you -

Do you know John Beyherline? (sp?)

To me - the Corpsmen's Corpsman.

And probably your detailer at some point.

I was a Marine Grunt in Vietnam and proud of it!.

I dont have a great knowledge of the US Military, but a few posts ago you were a corpsman Wasnt that Navy?

My dad served in the Pacific during WWII and in Korea. Earned a bronze and silver star. Never once talked about it.

My Dad served on Manus Island in WW2. He was a BM2 - US Navy.

Woke up every morning and strafed the jungle with a 50 cal.

Killed "Japs" (as he called them) - by the hundreds.

We talked about it all the time.

Too bad your Dad wasn't willing to share.

My Dad had some incredible stories.

My dad was in the Air Force for almost 10 years and the most I remember him talking about is how he wished he had stayed for 20. I do know he was in an Air Commando squadron and was in Vietnam the same time as his brother, a Green Beret who did three tours there.

My wife's dad on the other hand tells so many sea stories he ought to write a book. He's a retired BMCS with 23 years. He did a few surface ships and was a PBR commander in Vietnam. His only shore duty was pushing boots in Great Lakes. To this day at 80 something years old, he just comes across as a salty old SOB.

Let's talk Sea Bats
A Bucket of Steam
Relative Bearing Grease

Shit like that...... LOL

Yep, I knew the Master Chief. He was a fellow IDC.

What about going to the Bosun's Locker for some bulkhead remover or a fathom of chow line? In the hospital we sent new Corpsmen to CSR for sterile Fallopian tubes.

Can you name all the animals on the foc'sle? wildcat, elephant's foot, monkey fist, deck ape There are more but that's off the top of my head.

I was able to take quite a few pics.

2842vn_51jpg.jpg

Me. May '70 Cambodia

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

Let's talk Sea Bats
A Bucket of Steam
Relative Bearing Grease

Shit like that...... LOL

Yep, I knew the Master Chief. He was a fellow IDC.

What about going to the Bosun's Locker for some bulkhead remover or a fathom of chow line? In the hospital we sent new Corpsmen to CSR for sterile Fallopian tubes.

Can you name all the animals on the foc'sle? wildcat, elephant's foot, monkey fist, deck ape There are more but that's off the top of my head.

I hear They keep all kind of odd Animals in "the Goat locker"

officers don't have stripes.

I was in maintenance and admin,why? I didn't want to be a front line troop.

Forum List

Back