Milankovitch Cycles

So the planet's temperature is in the normal range of an interglacial period.
What do think the significance of that is?

What is the optimum temperature for the infrastructure humans have built over the last 100 years?

What do think the significance of that is?

What is the optimum temperature for the infrastructure humans have built over the last 100 years?
That is the significance.

Who cares what the optimum temperature is for the infrastructure humans have built over the last 100 years? The temperature will be what it will be. There will still be night time and daytime temperatures and winter and summertime temperatures.

Each of their documents are reviewed by dozens and dozens of scientists

Only selected scientists ... ones who support their political position ... are Democrats given platform time to rebut Republicans during the Republican Convention? ... lying nonsense ...

Any scientific convention gives equal time to all sides of a debate ...

Yo didn't know that because you know nothing of science ... evil bastard ...

Only selected scientists ... ones who support their political position ... are Democrats given platform time to rebut Republicans during the Republican Convention? ... lying nonsense ...

You are a fucking idiot. You just make this shit up. You have ZERO evidence. ZERO. And you've got the balls to call ME a liar.

So, any evidence that only politically aligned scientists are selected to review IPCC reports? Let's try this. Let's look at some of these folks and what they were doing before the IPCC and see if we can see any basis for your accusation.

Here are the editors of Working Group I, The Physical Science Basis.

Valerie Masson-Delmotte: French climate scientist and Research Director at the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission, where she works in the Climate and Environment Sciences
Panmoa Zhai: Chinese climatologist, Secretary General of the Chinese Meteorological Society, and one of six co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working groups.
Anna Pirani: Executive Deputy Direction of Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy
Sarah L Connors: Science Policy Fellow at the European Geoscience Union (EGU). She holds a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Chemistry.
Clotilda Pean: University of Paris - Saclay
Yang Chen: Statistics PhD from Harvard, currently employed at the University of Michigan
Leah Goldfarb: International Science Council; the Center for Science and Technology Policy Research; and the Office for Climate Education on international science policy and educational initiatives. She has a PhD in physical and atmospheric chemistry from the University of Colorado.
Melissa I Gomis: worked for an international consulting firm as an environmental scientist. She holds a PhD from Stockholm University for which she investigated the human exposure to Perfluorinated substances. In parallel, she produced a film on the impact of clouds on Arctic climate.
J.B. Robin Matthews: Postdoctoral Fellow in Physical Oceanography at Memorial University in Newfoundland, Canada, where he worked with underwater vehicles in the northwest Atlantic. He holds a PhD in Ocean and Climate science from the University of Victoria, also in Canada, for which he investigated seasonal cycling of ocean pH and historical methods of measuring sea surface temperature.
Sophie Berger: From Brussels, Belgium. Holds a PhD in Glaciology
Mengtian Huang: Mengtian received her Ph. D. in physical geography from Peking University in June 2019, with a focus on vegetation dynamics and climate change. Her research interest is the impacts of extreme events on terrestrial ecosystems and vegetation feedbacks.
Ozge Yelekci: Holds a postdoctoral position with Institut de Polytecnique de Paris in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
Rong Yu: graduated from Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), majoring in climate system and climate change.
Baiquan Zhou: received his Ph.D. in Meteorology from University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, with a focus on detection and attribution of changes in extreme precipitation over China from the thermodynamic and dynamic perspective.
Elisabeth Lonnoy: PhD, Univerity of Paris - Saclay
Thomas K Maycock: Science Public Information Officer, Editor & Project Coordinator, National Climate Assessment TSU North Carolina Institute for Climate Studies
Tim Waterfield: UK Centre for Ecoloy and Hydrology, Greater Nottingham, England
Katherine Leitzell: Communications Director for the NOAA California Sea Grant program, based at Scripps Institution of Oceanography. She holds a Masters degree in Neuroscience from the University of Southern California and was a AAAS Mass Media Fellow in 2007
Nada Caud: Started in 1999, as a member of the Astronomical Society of Tunisia while studying physics at the Sciences University of Tunis. After a PhD in Physics, received in 2006, Nada Caud has worked for 7 years as Outreach Officer within French Science Museums. She has been working since 2013 as Communications Project Manager at the Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l’Environnement (LSCE).

You are a fucking idiot. You just make this shit up. You have ZERO evidence. ZERO. And you've got the balls to call ME a liar.

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ...

You've never been to a scientific conference ... I find that funny ...

So, any evidence that only politically aligned scientists are selected to review IPCC reports? Let's try this. Let's look at some of these folks and what they were doing before the IPCC and see if we can see any basis for your accusation.

Here are the editors of Working Group I, The Physical Science Basis.

Valerie Masson-Delmotte: French climate scientist and Research Director at the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission, where she works in the Climate and Environment Sciences
Panmoa Zhai: Chinese climatologist, Secretary General of the Chinese Meteorological Society, and one of six co-chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working groups.
Anna Pirani: Executive Deputy Direction of Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy
Sarah L Connors: Science Policy Fellow at the European Geoscience Union (EGU). She holds a Ph.D. in Atmospheric Chemistry.
Clotilda Pean: University of Paris - Saclay
Yang Chen: Statistics PhD from Harvard, currently employed at the University of Michigan
Leah Goldfarb: International Science Council; the Center for Science and Technology Policy Research; and the Office for Climate Education on international science policy and educational initiatives. She has a PhD in physical and atmospheric chemistry from the University of Colorado.
Melissa I Gomis: worked for an international consulting firm as an environmental scientist. She holds a PhD from Stockholm University for which she investigated the human exposure to Perfluorinated substances. In parallel, she produced a film on the impact of clouds on Arctic climate.
J.B. Robin Matthews: Postdoctoral Fellow in Physical Oceanography at Memorial University in Newfoundland, Canada, where he worcrat ked with underwater vehicles in the northwest Atlantic. He holds a PhD in Ocean and Climate science from the University of Victoria, also in Canada, for which he investigated seasonal cycling of ocean pH and historical methods of measuring sea surface temperature.
Sophie Berger: From Brussels, Belgium. Holds a PhD in Glaciology
Mengtian Huang: Mengtian received her Ph. D. in physical geography from Peking University in June 2019, with a focus on vegetation dynamics and climate change. Her research interest is the impacts of extreme events on terrestrial ecosystems and vegetation feedbacks.
Ozge Yelekci: Holds a postdoctoral position with Institut de Polytecnique de Paris in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
Rong Yu: graduated from Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST), majoring in climate system and climate change.
Baiquan Zhou: received his Ph.D. in Meteorology from University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, with a focus on detection and attribution of changes in extreme precipitation over China from the thermodynamic and dynamic perspective.
Elisabeth Lonnoy: PhD, Univerity of Paris - Saclay
Thomas K Maycock: Science Public Information Officer, Editor & Project Coordinator, National Climate Assessment TSU North Carolina Institute for Climate Studies
Tim Waterfield: UK Centre for Ecoloy and Hydrology, Greater Nottingham, England
Katherine Leitzell: Communications Director for the NOAA California Sea Grant program, based at Scripps Institution of Oceanography. She holds a Masters degree in Neuroscience from the University of Southern California and was a AAAS Mass Media Fellow in 2007
Nada Caud: Started in 1999, as a member of the Astronomical Society of Tunisia while studying physics at the Sciences University of Tunis. After a PhD in Physics, received in 2006, Nada Caud has worked for 7 years as Outreach Officer within French Science Museums. She has been working since 2013 as Communications Project Manager at the Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l’Environnement (LSCE).

Cherry picking ... These are all IPCC Certified to speak for the IPCC ...

Show me a list of Democrats who tell the public Republicans are great people and their politics are sound ... because everything these people say in the scientific media is scientific sound ... and everything they say outside the sciebntific memdia is sxc

... [ 12-week-old kittens tryig to murder each other back and forth across my desk ... why th efuck do you b

Cherry picking ... These are all IPCC Certified to speak for the IPCC ...

Show me a list of Democrats who tell the public Republicans are great people and their politics are sound ... because everything these people say in the scientific media is scientific sound ... and everything they say outside the sciebntific memdia is sxc

... [ 12-week-old kittens tryig to murder each other back and forth across my desk ... why th efuck do you b
These are the editors of "The Physical Science Basis". We can continue this with the authors and assistant authors and reviewers but you know that we will find the same thing. These are all top-notch climate scientists from all over the world. Your claim that only "selected scientists that support their political position" is simply nonsense. If you have evidence to refute me, please do so.

I get a little frustrated here with the constant barrage of accusations about climate science, climate scientists and the IPCC for which NO ONE EVER HAS ANY EVIDENCE.

If you have evidence to refute me, please do so.

Dr Chris Landsea ... at the National Hurricane Center ... is considered one of the world's foremost authorities concerning hurricanes ...

He was forced off the IPCC because of his position that existing data does NOT support the claims made in their reports about hurricane frequency or intensity ...

... and I agree ... the data does NOT support claims made ... it's an easy spreadsheet analysis ...

Ignorant bastard ... you've never been to a scientific conference in your life ... and you can't bear I found out ... what a baby ...

ETA ... LIAR ... yes, I do have balls to call you a liar ...

Last edited:
Dr Chris Landsea ... at the National Hurricane Center ... is considered one of the world's foremost authorities concerning hurricanes ...

He was forced off the IPCC because of his position that existing data does NOT support the claims made in their reports about hurricane frequency or intensity ...

... and I agree ... the data does NOT support claims made ... it's an easy spreadsheet analysis ...

Ignorant bastard ... you've never been to a scientific conference in your life ... and you can't bear I found out ... what a baby ...

Dr Landsea was NOT forced off, he withdrew.

Christopher Landsea​

Landsea has worked on hurricanes for over 20 years and has over publications in the field. He took part in the second and third IPCC reports. He resigned from the IPCC in January 2005 over the issue of exaggerated claims of the influence of global warming on hurricanes, discussed previously. In his resignation letter, he stated "I am withdrawing because I have come to view the part of the IPCC to which my expertise is relevant as having become politicized. In addition, when I have raised my concerns to the IPCC leadership, their response was simply to dismiss my concerns." He added "All previous and current research in the area of hurricane variability has shown no reliable, long-term trend up in the frequency or intensity of tropical cyclones, either in the Atlantic or any other basin....It is beyond me why my colleagues would utilize the media to push an unsupported agenda that recent hurricane activity has been due to global warming." and concluded: "I personally cannot in good faith continue to contribute to a process that I view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being scientifically unsound."If you don't like it, resign (or don't get selected) - globalwarmingquestions.

On global warming and hurricanes​

In January, 2005, Landsea withdrew from his participation in the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report, criticizing it for using "a process that I view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being scientifically unsound." Landsea claimed the IPCC had become politicized and the leadership ignored his concerns.

Landsea does not consider that global warming has a strong influence on hurricanes: "global warming might be enhancing hurricane winds but only by 1 percent or 2 percent".

According to Salon magazine, Bush administration personnel chose Landsea over another scientists at NOAA to speak to the news media about the link between hurricanes and climate change after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.

In an interview on PBS, Landsea said "we certainly see substantial warming in the ocean and atmosphere over the last several decades on the order of a degree Fahrenheit and I have no doubt a portion of that, at least, is due to greenhouse warming. The question is whether we're seeing any real increases in the hurricane activity." He went on to say "with the Atlantic hurricanes in particular, they're due to changes both in the ocean as well as the atmosphere. Just changing the ocean where it's a little bit warmer isn't sufficient." As for climate change affecting hurricane strength, Landsea said that global warming theories and numerical modeling suggest only that "hurricanes like Katrina and Rita may have been stronger due to global warming but maybe by one or two miles per hour." Christopher Landsea - Wikipedia

If you have a statement either by Landsea or an IPCC representative that he was even asked to withdraw, let's see it. Otherwise, it is YOU that are lying.

Last edited:
Dr Landsea was NOT forced off, he withdrew.

Christopher Landsea​

Landsea has worked on hurricanes for over 20 years and has over publications in the field. He took part in the second and third IPCC reports. He resigned from the IPCC in January 2005 over the issue of exaggerated claims of the influence of global warming on hurricanes, discussed previously. In his resignation letter, he stated "I am withdrawing because I have come to view the part of the IPCC to which my expertise is relevant as having become politicized. In addition, when I have raised my concerns to the IPCC leadership, their response was simply to dismiss my concerns." He added "All previous and current research in the area of hurricane variability has shown no reliable, long-term trend up in the frequency or intensity of tropical cyclones, either in the Atlantic or any other basin....It is beyond me why my colleagues would utilize the media to push an unsupported agenda that recent hurricane activity has been due to global warming." and concluded: "I personally cannot in good faith continue to contribute to a process that I view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being scientifically unsound."If you don't like it, resign (or don't get selected) - globalwarmingquestions.

On global warming and hurricanes​

In January, 2005, Landsea withdrew from his participation in the IPCC Fourth Assessment Report, criticizing it for using "a process that I view as both being motivated by pre-conceived agendas and being scientifically unsound." Landsea claimed the IPCC had become politicized and the leadership ignored his concerns.

Landsea does not consider that global warming has a strong influence on hurricanes: "global warming might be enhancing hurricane winds but only by 1 percent or 2 percent".

According to Salon magazine, Bush administration personnel chose Landsea over another scientists at NOAA to speak to the news media about the link between hurricanes and climate change after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans.

In an interview on PBS, Landsea said "we certainly see substantial warming in the ocean and atmosphere over the last several decades on the order of a degree Fahrenheit and I have no doubt a portion of that, at least, is due to greenhouse warming. The question is whether we're seeing any real increases in the hurricane activity." He went on to say "with the Atlantic hurricanes in particular, they're due to changes both in the ocean as well as the atmosphere. Just changing the ocean where it's a little bit warmer isn't sufficient." As for climate change affecting hurricane strength, Landsea said that global warming theories and numerical modeling suggest only that "hurricanes like Katrina and Rita may have been stronger due to global warming but maybe by one or two miles per hour." Christopher Landsea - Wikipedia

If you have a statement either by Landsea or an IPCC representative that he was even asked to withdraw, let's see it. Otherwise, it is YOU that are lying.

But you do acknowledge QUALIFIED OPPOSITION to the IPCC report ... you've never been to a scientific convention, so you won't know why that's important in science ... STUPID ...

But you do acknowledge QUALIFIED OPPOSITION to the IPCC report ... you've never been to a scientific convention, so you won't know why that's important in science ... STUPID ...
You've really got an obsessive personality. Yes, Dr Landsea is a heavily qualified scientist, one of the nation's if not the world's leading experts on hurricanse and he feels the IPCC position on the affect of warming on hurricanes is overstated and he believes that the group he was working with is politicized and servicing an agenda. He accepts AGW. None of that has diddly squat to do with any "scientific conventions".

You've really got an obsessive personality. Yes, Dr Landsea is a heavily qualified scientist, one of the nation's if not the world's leading experts on hurricanse and he feels the IPCC position on the affect of warming on hurricanes is overstated and he believes that the group he was working with is politicized and servicing an agenda. He accepts AGW. None of that has diddly squat to do with any "scientific conventions".

You know I accept AGW Theory ... I agree it is scientifically sound ... but how it is demonstrated? ... this would be an experiment that measured the effect on the greenhouse effect with different levels of carbon dioxide ... the emissivity factor in SB ...

ALL scientists who disagree with the IPCC are not included in the IPCC report ... thus ... IPCC scientists must follow the party line ... or be removed ... proper scientific method is to include all view points ... and all viewpoints are to have proper representation ...

Have you ever had a scientific instrument calibrated? ... just curious ...

Landsea has since been proven correct there is no unusual tropical storm or hurricane trends to worry about.

=====

Where is the Climate Emergency?

Selected excerpt:

Storminess has not gone up, and there’s been no increase in hurricane strength or frequency … no “emergency” there. First, the strength.

maue-ace-2019-1.png

And here is the global hurricane frequency, both for all hurricanes and for the strongest hurricanes.

global-hurricane-frequency-maue-202205.png

The 12 months from April 2021 to May 2022 have seen close to the fewest major hurricanes in more than 40 years.

======

Then this showed up two weeks ago:

2022 Global Wide Hurricane Season Ends with Weakest Storm Levels of the Last 42 Years​

LINK

:laugh:

Landsea has since been proven correct there is no unusual tropical storm or hurricane trends to worry about.

Not proven ... I hold myself to the same standards as the Hystericals ... see the 50 years time ... NOT enough ... no where close ... if the Alarmists can't say, then neither can we ...

You know I accept AGW Theory ... I agree it is scientifically sound ... but how it is demonstrated? ... this would be an experiment that measured the effect on the greenhouse effect with different levels of carbon dioxide ... the emissivity factor in SB ...

ALL scientists who disagree with the IPCC are not included in the IPCC report ... thus ... IPCC scientists must follow the party line ... or be removed ... proper scientific method is to include all view points ... and all viewpoints are to have proper representation ...

Have you ever had a scientific instrument calibrated? ... just curious ...
I spent 35 years testing naval sensor systems. Our group had an ISO 9001 certification and we used a lot of equipment that required regular calibration.

Forum List

Back