~Migraine Headaches~

Dabs

~Unpredictable~
May 13, 2011
~Tennessee~
Do you suffer from migraine headaches??
When I was younger, it seemed I had them constantly, wake up with one at times.
I was taking prescription medicines at one time, Imitrex and then Maxalt to try and relieve the pain~
I have heard different tales of what causes them, from stress to what you eat.
But as I've gotten older, I noticed I don't get them near as much, and I do indeed have stress!- I worry about plenty and stress over much.

The Brits call them "meegraines" and you probably have to get on a ten year list, in the country formerly known as England, in order to get treatment.

I get them alot!!

Lately when i get them i try to lay down and rest.. (I dont take anything for it (I used to))

Does anyone know what causes them??

I get them alot!!

Lately when i get them i try to lay down and rest.. (I dont take anything for it (I used to))

Does anyone know what causes them??

I have heard so many different things Dude.
Everything from eating chocolate to not enough caffeine, after your body has been used to so much, and you cut down.
But stress, that is what my doctor tells me my problem mostly is.
And then there are some folks who say sex is a good remedy.....but, I don't use that to help with mine, it doesn't come in a pill form.

I think that for some people they are genetic

My ex-wife used to get them all of the time.

Sometimes I thought it was just a no sex excuse.

But then my daughter who is 20 now started giving them when she was a teenager.

And now my granddaughter who is eight is starting to get them.

The doctor did all kinds of test and even and MRI and couldn't find any reason for the migraines

I think that for some people they are genetic

My ex-wife used to get them all of the time.

Sometimes I thought it was just a no sex excuse.

But then my daughter who is 20 now started giving them when she was a teenager.

And now my granddaughter who is eight is starting to get them.

The doctor did all kinds of test and even and MRI and couldn't find any reason for the migraines

Same here Sunni Man.....I heard they are hereditary, as my Mother used to get them a lot too.
I got them more when I was younger, in my 20s and 30s......when my children were young and still living at home *haha*
Now that I'm in my 40s, I don't seem to get them as much, but I do still get them. The sun plays a big part too, I wanted to mention that. If I have to sit out in the hot sunshine for a long length of time, I can look forward to having a bad headache.
But for the most part, mine are stress related *sigh*

Being a contractor born before ritalin, OC , ADHD makes me somewhat insighteful to stress related incidents. The migranes may lead up to panic attacks. It's all a rather interesting physiological deal , if one can possibly remain objectve

my advice, find a peaceful thing, even if it's buring beer bottes in a 'garden'...

I have three triggers mostly.

Bright light
Heat
Strong scents/smells

I got them more before i figured out the main triggers...of which i now avoid like the plague! I get the visual disturbance kind of migraine. I am not totally debilitate into bed and darkness like some..but while the lights are happening anything behind the lights i am blind to.

Painful...but you learn to life with pain.

A couple months ago, the wife thought she was having a stroke. Totally freaked her out. She had to pull the car over and let daughter drive (learner's permit). Turned out it was an ocular migraine. Doc ordered up an MRI for good measure. Very scary.

Migrains do not do good things for one's career opportunities, do they?

One of the triggers I have is florescent lighting.

Thank GOD most employers don't use those in the office, eh? :eusa_eh:

I was taking prescription medicines at one time, Imitrex and then Maxalt to try and relieve the pain~
But as I've gotten older, I noticed I don't get them near as much, and I do indeed have stress!- I worry about plenty and stress over much.
I took a seminar maybe 30 years ago and the speaker said "Headaches are your brain trying to give you an excuse to get out of doing something". Since realizing that to be true, I rarely get headaches anymore.

But when I do get em' they're real bad migraines that I attribute to dehydration. So what I do is take a Japanese herbal rememedy called "Shin-Jikinin" or New Jikinin. It works to relieve the migraines, without fail, in 15 to 20 minutes. There are no drugs in it because I pass my drug test every year.

Using stem cells to repair stroke damage to the brain...
:cool:
UK stem cell stroke trial passes first safety test
1 September 2011 - Stem cells may be able to repair the damaged areas of the brain
The world's first clinical trial of brain stem cells to treat strokes is set to move to its next phase. An independent assessment of the first three patients to have had stem cells injected into their brain at Glasgow's Southern General Hospital has concluded it has had no adverse effect. The assessment paves the way for the therapy to be tested on more patients to find a new treatment for stroke. The hope is that the stem cells will help to repair damaged brain tissue.

The trial is being led by Prof Keith Muir of Glasgow University. He told BBC News that he was pleased with the results so far. "We need to be assured of safety before we can progress to trying to test the effects of this therapy. Because this is the first time this type of cell therapy has been used in humans, it's vitally important that we determine that it's safe to proceed - so at the present time we have the clearance to proceed to the next higher dose of cells." An elderly man was the first person in the world to receive this treatment last year. Since then it has been tried out on two more patients.

Global trials

The patients have received very low doses of stem cells in trials designed to test the safety of the procedure. Over the next year, up to nine more patients will be given progressively higher doses - again primarily to assess safety - but doctors will also be using this clinical trial to assess the best ways of measuring the effectiveness of the treatment in subsequent larger trials, which would not begin for at least 18 months. Critics object as brain cells from a foetus were originally used to create the cell treatment. Michael Hunt, Chief Executive Officer of the company that produced the stem cells, Renuron, said that the technology used to grow the cells is such that no further foetal tissue will be required.

There are a growing number of well-regulated clinical trials of stem cell treatments now under way in various parts of the world, including one which also began last year by the US firm Geron to develop a treatment for paralysis. The development of stem cell treatments is still at an early stage and it is likely to be many years before these treatments become widely available. According to Mr Hunt: "The earliest a treatment could be widely available if everything goes very well is five years. It is very much a case of so far, so good. It is still at a very early stage but we draw great comfort from these results." Strokes kill about 67,000 people in the UK every year, according to the Stroke Association. The charity says it is the third most common cause of death in England and Wales after heart disease and cancer.

BBC News - UK stem cell stroke trial passes first safety test

Same exact thing with me. From the age of 15 i got them real bad but as I get closer to 40 they dont get me nearly as bad. When they where real bad I would just take Nyquil to knock me out until they where gone.

Forum List

Back