Middle Class brainwashed into voting Republican

This is a concept those on the political left do not understand or they dismiss it.
To them, government is the answer to everything.
Liberals look at the world and see "problems" or "crises".
Everyone else sees "challenges".
The former is a negative view, the latter a positive view.
The Left sees "try" the right sees "do".
The left hangs on the notion of the group. The right individualism. The Left sees individualism as selfishness and translates that into "the right is greedy and does not wish to share".
The left believes that because one person has "more" then by design another must have less.
We see this in their posts about "wealth distribution" sahre of the national income' , the so-called "wealth gap"....Those on the left are miserable people who have this undying need to know what the other person is doing, earning saving or investing. Once the other person has exceeded a certain wage or has accumulated more wealth than those on the left feel comfortable, they believe that to be unfair and somehow some way their mindset leads them to believe that something must have been taken from them. At that point those on the Left look to government to help them "take it back". Hence the concept of the "fair share of taxes paid".
It's a load of crap. However, show those on the left the numbers regarding which income levels carry the largest share of the federal and state tax burdens and they dismiss it as right wing propaganda.
It is almost as though liberal/progressives cannot be convinced that water is wet.:eek:

More drivel? You have created quite a liberal strawman argument there for yourself. Although I doubt you actually created it for yourself, just regurgitated it.
Really? OK, refute it with your own set of facts.
I find it amusing when you liberals get called out for precisely what you do. Your reaction, as seen in the example above is usually one of desperation.
BTW genius. Those are MY OWN WORDS based on known and indisputable facts...

Refute what? All you did is make a bunch of generalizations about what "the left" believes. No facts, just a bunch of crap.

For example, "Liberals look at the world and see "problems" or "crises". Everyone else sees "challenges". There is no "fact to refute, just a ridiculous generalization. Come on, use your brain. There are conservative arguments. Make one. And that goes for the rest of your jokers.

Let me help the intellectually challanged: As a conservative I believe that by keeping taxes low for the rich, it will encourage private investment and the hiring of more people. As production rises it will actually increase tax revenue due to greater tasxable economic activity.Blah,blah, blah.

Liberal:Eliminating the Bush tax cuts for the upper middle class and reach will reduce revenue in a time of deficit creating the need to cut services on those who need them most. Also, employers only hire those needed to make a profit and do not hire solely because of reduced taxation. Therefore, reducing taxes on the reach only leads to wealth accumulation and greater disparity between rich and poor.Blah, blah, blah.

If you have a brain use it.

BTW I am not a liberal, but a moderate who is conservative of social issues.

My story is I worked for the same company for over 30 years and retired. But in my heart of hearts I know and they know they still owe me. Yes I am entitled to more from them. I worked hard. I barely took any time off for which I truly regret for I received nothing for doing it. I gave up watching my kids in sports, holidays, for a company which truly and in every way never deserved my dedication but I did because I thought that was what a good worker did. I was WRONG on this philosophy. They still owe much a ton, yes I am entitled to a ton from them. Not from the gov't, but from them. But they went under and yes I DID PRAY FOR THEIR DEMISE. I hoped for this particular business to fold up and they did, so in the end those rich jerks got what they deserved.

Look at your sig line Jim.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." ---Thomas Jefferson

When the majority wants something for nothing, should they be able to just vote in the people who will give it to them, and force the producers, the "rich" to pay for it.

Is that fair?

Hell no!

Another great American President said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

What I can do for my country is force the government to reduce spending...then, if necessary, we can raise taxes.

But reduce the spending first...no promises of cut 10 years from now, but raise taxes now.

Cut spending...reduce the size and scope of government...do it now...then we'll look at increasing revenues.

I cant tell whats worse, that you still think anyone cares what you have to say, or that you still support rick perry.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." ---Thomas Jefferson

When the majority wants something for nothing, should they be able to just vote in the people who will give it to them, and force the producers, the "rich" to pay for it.

Is that fair?

Hell no!

Another great American President said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

What I can do for my country is force the government to reduce spending...then, if necessary, we can raise taxes.

But reduce the spending first...no promises of cut 10 years from now, but raise taxes now.

Cut spending...reduce the size and scope of government...do it now...then we'll look at increasing revenues.

I cant tell whats worse, that you still think anyone cares what you have to say, or that you still support rick perry.

I care what he says. I may not agree with it or with whom he supports. But I care what he says.

Perhaps you should try it sometime. Being respectful and empathetic enough to care about what others say even if you don't agree with them is a key to civilized society.

My story is I worked for the same company for over 30 years and retired. But in my heart of hearts I know and they know they still owe me. Yes I am entitled to more from them. I worked hard. I barely took any time off for which I truly regret for I received nothing for doing it. I gave up watching my kids in sports, holidays, for a company which truly and in every way never deserved my dedication but I did because I thought that was what a good worker did. I was WRONG on this philosophy. They still owe much a ton, yes I am entitled to a ton from them. Not from the gov't, but from them. But they went under and yes I DID PRAY FOR THEIR DEMISE. I hoped for this particular business to fold up and they did, so in the end those rich jerks got what they deserved.
So, you prayed for other people to be thrown out of work because you're a butthurt whiny little bitch.

Dear America, Why Are We Voting Against Our Own Self Interests?

Here's why:

Rich.png

Thats a home run in my book. People think that by giving everything they earn to the rich then one day they will be rich to.

:clap2:

Were all going to work untill we die.

Is that fair?

Hell no!

I care what he says. I may not agree with it or with whom he supports. But I care what he says.

Perhaps you should try it sometime. Being respectful and empathetic enough to care about what others say even if you don't agree with them is a key to civilized society.

Personelly I wish you would try suicide.

Personelly I wish you would try suicide.

I cannot self terminate.

Sorry to disappoint you. If you want to beat me in the realm of ideas, you are going to have to actually argue and defend your ideas.

The protesters at Wall Street are staying and will affect the 2012 elections. The movement will grow and, unlike the tea party, it will not be dogged by racist themes. Perry is going to recover and win the GOP nomination, dooming the GOP faithful to 4 more years of Barry. :)

Now we are rolling. Union violence will ensue. The brainwashed left is rabid over corporate America. Go ahead, bring corporate America to a halt. See what that does to jobs and basic necessities costs.

It is because the republicans are the only hope for the middle class. Companies can't exist with out a strong middle class. Obama has sold the lower class out to make his self rich. the so called rich have earned it for the most part. You only get what you think you need if you work for it. You don't deserve Jack. People that say I deserve free medical, free education, free housing don't understand. Get a job and you can have all of that. Name me one poor person that has created job. Name me one union that has created jobs, and I mean jobs that are needed not those buried in the contract for the lazy works that can't make it without unions.

obama is done. Even the democrats have had enough. A few more scandals and he will have to campaign from behind a screen. A few more of the right kind of scandals and it will be from a prison cell.

Dear America, Why Are We Voting Against Our Own Self Interests?

I don't get it. Most people loath the super rich, and yet they sit around glued to FOX and vote to keep giving them tax breaks and favors. All the while, the buy the same old line of "they are the ones creating jobs" from the GOP. Guess what....THEY ARE SITTING ON THEIR TRILLIANS NOT CREATING JOBS.

Not everyone wants to go through life as a slobbering, mindless ward of the state.... JIM.

:lol:

The protesters at Wall Street are staying and will affect the 2012 elections. The movement will grow and, unlike the tea party, it will not be dogged by racist themes. Perry is going to recover and win the GOP nomination, dooming the GOP faithful to 4 more years of Barry. :)

The protesters at Wall Street are staying and will affect the 2012 elections

You got that right. More examples of left-wing idiocy will drive Barry's vote totals down.

The wall street protests are staying?

Wait till it gets cold. Then let's see whether they will be staying.

Not really sure why a protest orchastrated by Former administration officials is somehow considered grass roots. Seems much more like Obama wants them protesting.

Perhaps he thinks they will distract the people from his failed policies. Perhaps something more sinister. I don't pretend to know.

What I do know, is these protesters are not friends to the Republic.

The wall street protests are staying?

Wait till it gets cold. Then let's see whether they will be staying.

Not really sure why a protest orchastrated by Former administration officials is somehow considered grass roots. Seems much more like Obama wants them protesting.

Perhaps he thinks they will distract the people from his failed policies. Perhaps something more sinister. I don't pretend to know.

What I do know, is these protesters are not friends to the Republic.

No shit... I used to work in lower Manhattan.. it's like an Arctic wind tunnel down there in winter.

Forum List

Back