Microsoft takes a major hit

I have two really nice machines but they're getting a little older
Ones a tricked out dell the other is a chicom Lenovo

The dell took the first couple of windows 11 updates ok....now it's just a bugged out mess I gotta do something about it
Multiple issues ...I lost the wifi on it tried every fix ...nothing ...Microsoft or Dell forums ...tried every fix

I gave up slapped in a new card for wifi

I'm gonna wipe the fucker soon

I loved mint

But I read about this a few weeks ago

Gamers use it ...but it'll also bring old pcs back to life

The Lenovo still runs like a champ zero issues with 11

I have two really nice machines but they're getting a little older
Ones a tricked out dell the other is a chicom Lenovo

The dell took the first couple of windows 11 updates ok....now it's just a bugged out mess I gotta do something about it
Multiple issues ...I lost the wifi on it tried every fix ...nothing ...Microsoft or Dell forums ...tried every fix

I gave up slapped in a new card for wifi

I'm gonna wipe the fucker soon

I loved mint

But I read about this a few weeks ago

Gamers use it ...but it'll also bring old pcs back to life

The Lenovo still runs like a champ zero issues with 11
I'd like to know how that Atlas works.

What are these stupid copies of Linux about then? I can take a copy of Windows, apply themes/visual styles found online even over the setup and call it "BP OS". So I do that a hundred times and put them all into my bootloder and my doctor increases the medication.
I think your doc needs to increase the meds a tad. :oops:

I completely dismissed all the Linux stuff. Over 90 % of the Kernel is made by imperialist companies such as Google and Microsoft!

DOS is not Linux, moron. I can still use that for something, so thanks!

Kinda like making the Win98 USB to screw things up with. :auiqs.jpg:

I can do some things, and I can mess some things up, too! :spinner:

I completely dismissed all the Linux stuff. Over 90 % of the Kernel is made by imperialist companies such as Google and Microsoft!

Linux is not compiled by Google and Microsoft, moron.

Android does use some Linux elements in the compilation of it, but that's as far as the influence goes.

You can actually compile an Android OS from Windows. Boy, I don't wanna get into that today.

:nono: If I wait long enough, somebody will probably do what I wanna do and I can follow their lead

instead of a crapton of trial and error. I got the tools ready to go, but messing with them phones and

tablets is a headache. (for me)

Linux is not compiled by Google and Microsoft, moron.

Android does use some Linux elements in the compilation of it, but that's as far as the influence goes.

You can actually compile an Android OS from Windows. Boy, I don't wanna get into that today.

:nono: If I wait long enough, somebody will probably do what I wanna do and I can follow their lead

instead of a crapton of trial and error. I got the tools ready to go, but messing with them phones and

tablets is a headache. (for me)
It is a fact. You can´t get around it with wishful thinking.

"While some unpaid volunteers -- 8.2 percent in 2017 -- work on Linux, the kernel is largely the work of developers working for corporations.

Besides the proof of Microsoft working on the code, Torvald thinks it's interesting "how Microsoft went from basically extorting licensing for FAT (patents) from Android vendors to now making all the patents available. It really isn't just nice. It's real action. I'm pretty happy."

Big Tech makes your beloved Linux.

It is a fact. You can´t get around it with wishful thinking.

"While some unpaid volunteers -- 8.2 percent in 2017 -- work on Linux, the kernel is largely the work of developers working for corporations.

Besides the proof of Microsoft working on the code, Torvald thinks it's interesting "how Microsoft went from basically extorting licensing for FAT (patents) from Android vendors to now making all the patents available. It really isn't just nice. It's real action. I'm pretty happy."

Big Tech makes your beloved Linux.
Your link disproves what you claim, dumbass. Way to self-own! :thup:

It's a good read though, so.. thanks again?

Last edited:
Your link disproves what you claim, dumbass. Way to self-own! :thup:
How that, Tux?

53D500175D16F79A301E28061174EDB822F1D952

Atlas rips everything out of windows ...from what I've been reading and watching bring security

It's fairly new
He got a good review

Here's the gay Canadian review from atlas site

I think we are going to see more of these, but with more responsible shredding.
But - it does indeed show you just how much bloatware and unnecessary crap that is in post XP Windows.
As well as shows you that Windows 11 can run on a 7 year old computer blazing fast.
But... it is essentially the same as Linux. And why Linux can run blazing fast on even older PCs.
I say that, because it strips so much from the Windows OS that it essentially becomes a Linux-like OS.
And what an OS is supposed to be - just a platform to run programs.

I think we are going to see more of these, but with more responsible shredding.
But - it does indeed show you just how much bloatware and unnecessary crap that is in post XP Windows.
As well as shows you that Windows 11 can run on a 7 year old computer blazing fast.
But... it is essentially the same as Linux. And why Linux can run blazing fast on even older PCs.
I say that, because it strips so much from the Windows OS that it essentially becomes a Linux-like OS.
And what an OS is supposed to be - just a platform to run programs.
That AtlasOS is so stripped off Windows services that you inevitably will run into trouble, because stuff isn´t working anymore. I don´t know what services they removed but they all serve a purpose such as running the USB connectors. It is also nothing you can´t do yourself.

That AtlasOS is so stripped off Windows services that you inevitably will run into trouble, because stuff isn´t working anymore. I don´t know what services they removed but they all serve a purpose such as running the USB connectors. It is also nothing you can´t do yourself.
Which is why I said "more responsible shredding".
I would like to see a "Hijack This" approach.
When you run HJT - it presents you with a long list of things you can choose to delete.
I would love a "Atlas" tool - that lists the things that is stripped, and what they do, and you choose to keep or strip.

Also - M$ has already fought this, they are certainly no fans of this.
Afterall - it removes every way they make money off of you.

Which is why I said "more responsible shredding".
I would like to see a "Hijack This" approach.
When you run HJT - it presents you with a long list of things you can choose to delete.
I would love a "Atlas" tool - that lists the things that is stripped, and what they do, and you choose to keep or strip.
You can do that with the tools I mentioned here and WinReducer. I don´t recommend that. AtlasOS does something right: They put a folder on the desktop with options to enable/disable stuff. But what has been removed from the image won´t exist on the installation. And they boast they have reduced Windows processes by 110. You can see in the Task Manager how many are running and that they occupy zero system resources. Or look how they respond to security concerns. There is no point in this OS at all.

You can do that with the tools I mentioned here and WinReducer. I don´t recommend that. AtlasOS does something right: They put a folder on the desktop with options to enable/disable stuff. But what has been removed from the image won´t exist on the installation. And they boast they have reduced Windows processes by 110. You can see in the Task Manager how many are running and that they occupy zero system resources. Or look how they respond to security concerns. There is no point in this OS at all.

For the most part.... BUT... as an offline gaming PC? That could be awesome.
What better gaming OS could you come up with than a stripped Windows?
Perhaps there is a "Gaming Atlas" out there?

Forum List

Back