Microsoft collects a staggering amount of data off windows 11. Video shows difference between 11 and previous windows.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021

I always new Microsoft collected data on users but evidently windows 11 reports vasts amounts of data to Microsoft and 2nd and 3rd parties. This video shows the differences in how much data is sent between 11 and other versions.

After reading the comments some I saw where someone mentioned that the windows telemetry was set to off already in the video. So either turning it off is a lie and it does nothing, or if it's on then it's pretty much broadcasting every single thing you do down to mouse clicks and key presses.

Bill gates is turning into an evil entity and Microsoft itself is going a long with him but I guess I didn't expect that much data to be sent to 2nd or even 3rd parties. Who those parties are I have no idea.

But I shouldn't be surprised considering bill gates is a part of the world economic forum.

I guess I'm going to have to setup dual booting on my PC and use Linux for day to day stuff and windows strictly for when I want to play games.

You can use Linux for nearly everything Windows can do ... and for a lot less money and trouble but ...

If you want to game on a PC, you're stuck with Windows.

After Windows 8 you could set the telemetry to off all you want but it still collects data, and Microsoft checks to see if your telemetry is blocked...and it will unblock it and turn it back on.
I posted this up somewhere here a year or so ago as I verified it myself.
Also an interesting thing anyone can do is turn off your Wifi for several hours.
And then turn the WiFi back on, but before you do make sure you have no browsers open, open task manager and go to the Network Tab - this measures how much data is currently being sent back and forth through your computer. You will notice it is Zero. Turn on Wifi and watch it light up big time. I have seen whole MBs of data get copied from my PC to somewhere. Keeping in mind no browser open.

Forum List

Back