Microsoft Chrome or Google Edge?

I got nothing to hide, don't mind them tracking me and on those sites that I still get ads I like getting ads that pertain to me vs ads that don't.

Deal with it then, IDGAF. I've said my piece, you can take it or leave it. I have zero of those problems, never have.

I've only been on the internet and known how it works since 1997.
What browser do you use?

For what OS?
Windows.

3.1 or 95? My patience is short, and growing shorter. Screw it: Latest Firefox, later.

PS: You'll also need adblock plus, maybe noscript, and to set your browser up correctly.
You already knew I use 10.

Deal with it then, IDGAF. I've said my piece, you can take it or leave it. I have zero of those problems, never have.

What browser do you use?

For what OS?
Windows.

3.1 or 95? My patience is short, and growing shorter. Screw it: Latest Firefox, later.

PS: You'll also need adblock plus, maybe noscript, and to set your browser up correctly.
You already knew I use 10.

Okay.

Why there hasn't been a browser worth a tinker's darn since netscape went under!!!!!!!

Sorry channeling my dad there.

The problem with all of them is that if you try to maintain some sense of control over your privacy, everything starts to bog down. VPN, VPN unlocker, no tracking, pop up blockers, etc really do not play well and I blame Google. They are too big and too invasive over everything online.
And android phones and tablets.

I do virtually nothing on my phone but text and answer it when I must. Ever since the slide keyboards disappeared, I seldom browse with it. Too much a PITA to type on a touchscreen

I’ve gone with apple to get rid of the intrusion of google. I have to admit, I have been so pleasantly surprised in the difference.
Why there hasn't been a browser worth a tinker's darn since netscape went under!!!!!!!

The problem with all of them is that if you try to maintain some sense of control over your privacy, everything starts to bog down. VPN, VPN unlocker, no tracking, pop up blockers, etc really do not play well and I blame Google. They are too big and too invasive over everything online.

I do virtually nothing on my phone but text and answer it when I must. Ever since the slide keyboards disappeared, I seldom browse with it. Too much a PITA to type on a touchscreen

I’ve gone with apple to get rid of the intrusion of google. I have to admit, I have been so pleasantly surprised in the difference.

I break too many phones to afford to go to apple. I go through 2 or 3 a year. Once went through 5 in two weeks. Yes I always buy the insurance now.

Oh, my!!! I usually keep mine about 3-4 years. One of my sons used to be like you. Lol

I break too many phones to afford to go to apple. I go through 2 or 3 a year. Once went through 5 in two weeks. Yes I always buy the insurance now.

I got nothing to hide, don't mind them tracking me and on those sites that I still get ads I like getting ads that pertain to me vs ads that don't.

What browser do you use?

For what OS?
Windows.

It amazes me how many people don't know about or use adblock plus. I mean how could you not?

And i thought I was bad, losing three phones into the bottom of lakes.

And i thought I was bad, losing three phones into the bottom of lakes.

I have a tendency to put them in my back pocket and then plop down on them. I have also run over one I laid down when loading the trunk. I have dropped several to have them land just right so the shock guard was pretty useless. In all fairness to me, some of them have just been duds I went through 3 or 4 J3's that just stopped working period so I moved to the J7. Some wouldn't even come on even though they were well-charged and working fine when they were turned off and 1 went absolutely batshit crazy just randomly texting pictures from my gallery to people in my address book, calling them in the middle of the night, coming on and off at will, etc. The strangest thing it did was the voice recognition software started texting people maps and directions to places it was picking up from commercials on TV while sitting in the sofa arm beside me. That one they tried to reload the OS to fix and couldn't get it to reinstall.

The reason is there is so much more that browsers do today than yesterday, all kinds of security code, linkage to search engines, cookies, running extensions, etc. The early browsers just connected you to the website and translated the pages for screen display. My guess is most people would certainly not be happy with that today. There are probably some bare bones browsers out there.

What browser do you use?

For what OS?
Windows.

It amazes me how many people don't know about or use adblock plus. I mean how could you not?
I use it and now I get sites with popups that say I can't view their site unless I disable it. Need a disabler for that shit.

I use it and now I get sites with popups that say I can't view their site unless I disable it. Need a disabler for that shit.
If you want to keep the information services free, then there has be advertising. Without ads, these content providers will have to turn to pay per view or subscriptions. I suspect within 10 years most of what you will see on the internet will be retailers selling their ware, subscriptions services, and government websites. One of the early developers of the world wide web said what we see today will not last. In fact, it is already changing just as free TV is being replaced by cable, satellite, and internet content providers.

Last edited:
If you really want to see the page, let it fully load, then hold the refresh page button down until 2 options pop up, pick reload without content blockers, you can then see the page. If it doesn’t work the first time, hit it again. This is how it works for Adblock plus. .

I prefer Chrome to everyone because it's one of the best and fastest browsers in the world and as it's a google's application, we can trust it. Chrome provides many extensions to make tasks easy and fast and using Google account, we can easily sync all our bookmarks and history from our Android device.

I use chrome but Microsoft keeps trying to get me to switch to Edge. A lot of news sites I can't view because of my popup blocker. They need a popup blocker that stops the anti-popup blocking popups telling you that you can't view their sites.

Hello? McFly? Anybody in there?

Google (Chrome) wants to track your every move, it's what they do. Edge is Microsoft's way of copying Google tracking everything you do..yes! It's like that!

Try something else. Oh yeah, and log out of Google if you don't want a bunch of invasive cookies. Also: Clear your cookies.

What browser do you use?

I have FireFox. Chrome, Opera, and Edge.

I use FF the most, only using Edge to view Bing News and get to a crossword I enjoy.

The latest version of FF doesn't allow me to listen to YouTube videos unless I use Safe Mode = Shift Key while opening - but kills AdBlock. It's best for copying and saving pictures.

I prefer Chrome to everyone because it's one of the best and fastest browsers in the world and as it's a google's application, we can trust it. Chrome provides many extensions to make tasks easy and fast and using Google account, we can easily sync all our bookmarks and history from our Android device.
Chrome monopolizes spying on you. They protect you from other intruders but they know your every site you have opened. You can deactivate the security features and replace them by lists stored on your PC using an adblocker like ublock.

You work for Google...... Don'tcha....... :lol:

Forum List

Back