Michigan School Shooting, 3 dead.

How old are you? I am betting you never prayed in school as part of an organized prayer.

I am 61 and I attended all of my schooling after the Supreme Court banned prayers in public schools in 1962, less than two years after I was born.
No, I was born in 1970. Back then greenville south Carolina was a small town. We had small schools back then and everyone knew it other. Today they are 3 story schools. But the decline was when God was taken out.

In 1970 in SC they had a prayer before the HS football game and one at graduation , but not a "school prayer".

Students have the right to pray whenever they like. You cannot take students' right to freedom of religion out of the schools. What we cannot do in school, as school personnel, is lead students in religious acts like worship, prayer and overtly religious teaching (basically, evangelizing).

brought by the Jewish father of a studnet who objected to the school saying the Lord;s PrayerNo, I was born in 1970. Back then greenville south Carolina was a small town. We had small schools back then and everyone knew it other. Today they are 3 story schools. But the decline was when God was taken out.
Bullshit! Religion has no place in schools because there are a myriad of religions possible in a single classroom, and not just the schools. I am a member of a Methodist church and was a teacher and administrator for 21 years. When I taught in an inner city middle school for boys, I was often the only Christian of any description in my classroom. I did not have the right to impose my Christianity on their agnosticism, atheism, Islam, and Jewish religions by means of forcing them to participate in my prayer choices.

One of the original court cases was from a Jewish father who objected to his son being forced to recite the Lord's prayer. That would be the same God for both religions, but Jews do not pray that way. God was never taken out, but organized prayer by school personnel was banned.

As long as their are tests, there will be prayer in schools.

Bullshit! Religion has no place in schools because there are a myriad of religions possible in a single classroom, and not just the schools. I am a member of a Methodist church and was a teacher and administrator for 21 years. When I taught in an inner city middle school for boys, I was often the only Christian of any description in my classroom. I did not have the right to impose my Christianity on their agnosticism, atheism, Islam, and Jewish religions by means of forcing them to participate in my prayer choices.

One of the original court cases was from a Jewish father who objected to his son being forced to recite the Lord's prayer. That would be the same God for both religions, but Jews do not pray that way. God was never taken out, but organized prayer by school personnel was banned.

As long as their are tests, there will be prayer in schools.
Nothing wrong with a homeroom teacher saying a short prayer wishing everyone be safe.

And not a handgun between all those.

There are more restrictions on who can own a handgun than for long guns.
Oh we had handguns also, but they belonged to my dad. 38/357 combination....22....44 mag.

None locked up.

Back then no one had to lock up their gun's, at least for the most that we knew they didn't have too.

We hunted, target practiced and enjoyed life.

What we cannot do in school, as school personnel, is lead students in religious acts like worship, prayer and overtly religious teaching (basically, evangelizing).
Yet another way multiculturalism has destroyed the country. We were basically a Protestant Christian country for most of our history. Even with the Catholic element we all recognized the same aged. Now with the anti-Gods and every other religious minority dictating everything there is no unity. Our demise in in our diversity

Forum List

Back