Michigan Official Busted For Shoplifting

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
She must have the idea that she is above the law. Royal Oak City Commissioner Kim Gibbs apologized this week after she was detained for shoplifting. Crime doesn't pay.

"Gibbs recently came under fire for attending an April 15 protest against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s stay-at-home order. Days later, the city council censured her and asked her to resign."

"O’Donohue revealed that Gibbs is accused of taking a grocery cart with $130 worth of items through the self-checkout lane, but she only paid “about $45 worth of the items and not the others.”

“I would like to apologize to my family, friends and especially my constituents for my substantial lapse in judgement on Wednesday, May 6,” Gibbs said in a statement. “A combination of many external factors led to me taking items from the Meijer store without paying for all of them. The economic impact of the COVID-19 statewide lockdown has taken a serious toll on me personally.”

That's nothing. I had a friend who was intentionally given an incurable illness because he was excellent and had freckles. The non-freckle bastard that gave him that disease, his excuse was simply "no spots". Needless to say my unfortunate friend exceeded his attacker in every measure except wealth. My friend can't have children now and his potentially great future was taken from him. He didn't do anything to deserve it. Criminals got it good, what else can the rest of us say?

“It is COVID’s fault!” ~ Kim Gibbs, Small Business Supporter/Personal Responsibility Advocate
"The economic impact of the COVID-19 statewide lockdown has taken a serious toll on me personally.”
This is slightly different then the rotting fish bait you laid out there.
I'm not excusing her. Just saying your piling on is unseemly.

“It is COVID’s fault!” ~ Kim Gibbs, Small Business Supporter/Personal Responsibility Advocate
"The economic impact of the COVID-19 statewide lockdown has taken a serious toll on me personally.”

She’s using it as excuse for her actions. I think stealing from a business and not resigning her office is what’s really unseemly here.

She’s using it as excuse for her actions. I think stealing from a business and not resigning her office is what’s really unseemly here.
I agree. Shelly Luther in Texas is also defying the law because economically she has little choice and the judge's
behavior there is also piling on. Gibbs may be making an excuse or she really could be feeling the pinch
of not being able to work.
I'm just saying a little empathy wouldn't make you look bad. To the contrary.

I agree. Shelly Luther in Texas is also defying the law because economically she has little choice and the judge's
behavior there is also piling on. Gibbs may be making an excuse or she really could be feeling the pinch
of not being able to work.
I'm just saying a little empathy wouldn't make you look bad.

I had to deal with this nonsense on a regular at my family's business growing up, so you'll have to excuse me if my empathy cup isn't exactly overflowing when it comes to thieves and scoundrels.

Luther on the hand gets all the empathy I can muster.

I had to deal with this nonsense on a regular at my family's business growing up, so you'll have to excuse me if my empathy cup isn't exactly overflowing when it comes to thieves and scoundrels.

Luther on the hand gets all the empathy I can muster.
Very well. Carry on.

She must have the idea that she is above the law. Royal Oak City Commissioner Kim Gibbs apologized this week after she was detained for shoplifting. Crime doesn't pay.

"Gibbs recently came under fire for attending an April 15 protest against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s stay-at-home order. Days later, the city council censured her and asked her to resign."

"O’Donohue revealed that Gibbs is accused of taking a grocery cart with $130 worth of items through the self-checkout lane, but she only paid “about $45 worth of the items and not the others.”

“I would like to apologize to my family, friends and especially my constituents for my substantial lapse in judgement on Wednesday, May 6,” Gibbs said in a statement. “A combination of many external factors led to me taking items from the Meijer store without paying for all of them. The economic impact of the COVID-19 statewide lockdown has taken a serious toll on me personally.”

A combination of many external factors led to me taking items from the Meijer store without paying.

Yea, go on. We're listening Ms Gibbs. Continue.

Forum List

Back