Michigan man sent to prison for threats against Trump whistleblower’s attorney

If people are getting locked up over words, what is to be done about those who are willing to add a painting to their caption by taking action?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

If people are getting locked up over words, what is to be done about those who are willing to add a painting to their caption by taking action?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Those words were a threat. Are you really too dumb to see that?
To me, a person who is truly serious about carrying out such an agenda will not be stupid enough to give the rest of us such a heads up. They will only just shut up and do whatever it is that they plan to do.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

To me, a person who is truly serious about carrying out such an agenda will not be stupid enough to give the rest of us such a heads up.
You mean like Trump? Such a stupid person could incite others to carry out "such an agenda" or to trample toddlers in their hurry to escape a fire they had only suggested rather loudly..
Like everything else, there are limits to how much "free speech" may be considered within reason.

{"A federal judge in Bay City sentenced 54-year-old Brittan Atkinson of Beaverton on Thursday to one year and one day in prison."}

Last edited:
This is exactly why we never want to let the totalitarian Democrats in charge. They don't tolerate differing opinions. It sounds to me like this guy is just a little stupid. I doubt that he even realizes the threat he made. When Democrats make similar threats against Trump or conservatives, nothing happens. That's totalitarian.

This guy's threat warranted a year in jail. The seriousness of it cannot and should not be minimized as mere words or an expression of a differing opinion.

It was a clear attempt at intimidation of a person participating in a legal proceeding that obviously was politically motivated, this guy must have understood exactly what he was typing, and his use of the plural "we" suggests that he a member of a terrorist gang of some sort.

We ignored the existence of domestic terrorism for years, and now this country has a very big problem on its hands.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Not ALL threats will land you in jail. Most times police will tell you there is nothing they can do until he DOES something.

We dont have EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER THE LAW

To me, a person who is truly serious about carrying out such an agenda will not be stupid enough to give the rest of us such a heads up.
You mean like Trump? Such a stupid person could incite others to carry out "such an agenda" or to trample toddlers in their hurry to escape a fire they had only suggested rather loudly..
Like everything else, there are limits to how much "free speech" may be considered within reason.
I don't remember ever once naming any names.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
To me, a person who is truly serious about carrying out such an agenda will not be stupid enough to give the rest of us such a heads up. They will only just shut up and do whatever it is that they plan to do.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Lots of nutbags write some sort of manifesto before they kill. You know that.

that's not enough! should be locked up for life

The one and only solution republicans have for most things they don't like is violence.

I hope he enjoys his time in prison.
When was the last time Republican voters burned down a city?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Only if they are who ends up doing the killing. That right there is another reason why its smart to not say anything. Anyone else could want the person dead too and if there is a way that they can make another person look guilty of carrying out such an act, they won't hesitate.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Only if they are who ends up doing the killing. That right there is another reason why its smart to not say anything. Anyone else could want the person dead too and if there is a way that they can make another person look guilty of carrying out such an act, they won't hesitate.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Doesn't work that way. Assault is a crime.
1623448576012.png

that's not enough! should be locked up for life

Trump really inspires the crazies.
None of them burn down cities.
The guy wasn't charged with burning down a city. He was charged with assault.

Forum List

Back