Michigan man gets community service for shooting anti-abortion campaigner

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
In my opinion, this judge is more evil than the shooter. The shooter is just a dumb civilian. But the judge is someone who is in power. It is their job to protect innocent people from violent scumbags such as this.

And I don’t care if the shooting was “accidental” or deliberate. I put the word “accidental” in quotes because there is no such thing as an “accidental” shooting. The accurate word is “negligent.” But it doesn’t make any difference to the person who was shot.

The shooter should be in prison, regardless of whether the shooting was negligent or intentional.

Associated Press

May 24, 2023

IONIA, Mich. (AP) — A western Michigan man who pleaded no contest to shooting an 84-year-old woman campaigning against abortion rights at his home was sentenced to community service Tuesday.

Richard Harvey, 75, was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service. Judge Suzanne Hoseth Kreeger also gave him a suspended jail sentence of two months and a delayed sentence of one year on probation.

Harvey pleaded no contest last month to felonious assault, careless discharge of a firearm causing injury and reckless discharge of a firearm.

Kreeger also must pay $347.19 in restitution and cannot have any contact with the woman he shot, 84-year-old Joan Jacobson.

Jacobson was shot Sept. 20 at Harvey’s home in Odessa Township, a community about 130 miles (210 kilometers) northwest of Detroit. Jacobson told investigators that she was asking a woman at the home to vote against a proposed constitutional amendment that would guarantee the right to abortion in the state when she was told to leave. The amendment later passed.

Harvey has said the shooting was accidental, but Jacobson has maintained she believes it was intentional after she had argued with Harvey’s wife, Sharon Harvey.

Jacobson was treated at a hospital for a shoulder wound.

Harvey pleaded no contest last month to felonious assault, careless discharge of a firearm causing injury and reckless discharge of a firearm.

The charges were there but WTF happened after that is anyone's guess.

It's unacceptable to shoot an anti-abortion idiot when he really just needs to be hit in the face with a sack full of shit.
Come to that you could use a sack of shit tossed in your direction....From a speeding car.

Kudos for your sack reference though.....Most people these days don't even know what a sack is. It's like asking them to make change.

In my opinion, this judge is more evil than the shooter. The shooter is just a dumb civilian. But the judge is someone who is in power. It is their job to protect innocent people from violent scumbags such as this.

And I don’t care if the shooting was “accidental” or deliberate. I put the word “accidental” in quotes because there is no such thing as an “accidental” shooting. The accurate word is “negligent.” But it doesn’t make any difference to the person who was shot.

The shooter should be in prison, regardless of whether the shooting was negligent or intentional.

Associated Press

May 24, 2023

IONIA, Mich. (AP) — A western Michigan man who pleaded no contest to shooting an 84-year-old woman campaigning against abortion rights at his home was sentenced to community service Tuesday.

Richard Harvey, 75, was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service. Judge Suzanne Hoseth Kreeger also gave him a suspended jail sentence of two months and a delayed sentence of one year on probation.

Kreeger also must pay $347.19 in restitution and cannot have any contact with the woman he shot, 84-year-old Joan Jacobson.

Jacobson was shot Sept. 20 at Harvey’s home in Odessa Township, a community about 130 miles (210 kilometers) northwest of Detroit. Jacobson told investigators that she was asking a woman at the home to vote against a proposed constitutional amendment that would guarantee the right to abortion in the state when she was told to leave. The amendment later passed.

Harvey has said the shooting was accidental, but Jacobson has maintained she believes it was intentional after she had argued with Harvey’s wife, Sharon Harvey.

What more evidence do you need that the DOJ is targeting Conservatives and protecting murderers and domestic terrorists?!

Just another example how the Democratic party keeps the hate going so they can protect their base, from the hate they created.

Unwittingly, the Democratic party base is not smart enough to figure out they are pawns used by the Democratic party to retain party.

In the game of Chess, most pawns do not make it to the end of the game.

Associated Press

May 24, 2023

I actually don't see anything wrong with the judges decision. The man is 75 years old and doesn't have much time to live anyway.

Associated Press

May 24, 2023

Meanwhile, people need to be jailed for putting their feet up on Pelosi's desk and stealing beers out of her fridge.

It's unacceptable to shoot an anti-abortion idiot when he really just needs to be hit in the face with a sack full of shit.

He shot an old woman, but your lack of character has been noted.

Also, you can all stop whining about gun violence. Examples like this are precisely why there is so much of it.

Forum List

Back