Michigan man fined $128 for warming up car in his girlfriend's driveway.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Is it ok if the door is locked?. I do that and use a spare key to open the door. Anyway - i think it's a good law. Blacks and illegals love to steal cars.

Roseville Man Goes Ballistic Over Ticket For Car Running In Driveway, Sparks Debate

jan 6 2016 On a cold morning in Roseville, resident Nick Taylor, 24, drove up to his girlfriend’s house and ran inside to pick her up with her two-year-old son.

He left his car running in the driveway. Instead of returning to a warm vehicle, he got a costly reminder in the form of a $128 ticket on the windshield from Roseville for leaving a vehicle unattended.

He ranted about it on Facebook, blaming the dip*** police for not just knocking on the door and telling him to turn off his car, and his post drew thousands of shares and angry comments, many of them on his side.

Police stand by the ticket. “I encourage our officers to write this ticket,” said Roseville Police Chief James Berlin, citing car theft as public safety concern.

“All it takes is someone to hop in this car and take off. Then there’s a chase often at a high rate of speed and all that could have been prevented,” Chief Berlin added, saying a remote starter includes safeguards against theft.

We all know that whites never steal cars.

Note to OP - How did you get to be THIS stupid?

I can start my car from the inside of my house, locked and warm when I go out. Why is it the law to not warm your car up?
Sooo...you are one of those who are warming the globe for the rest of us, huh?

So the Roseville police stand by this ticket as a public safety concern- someone might enter an unlocked car! What's next? Ticketing people for not locking the doors of their home?

So the Roseville police stand by this ticket as a public safety concern- someone might enter an unlocked car! What's next? Ticketing people for not locking the doors of their home?
Well, if the motor is running.

Driveways and parking spots are not roads.

I believe this ticket was already thrown out.

Is it ok if the door is locked?. I do that and use a spare key to open the door. Anyway - i think it's a good law. Blacks and illegals love to steal cars.

Roseville Man Goes Ballistic Over Ticket For Car Running In Driveway, Sparks Debate

jan 6 2016 On a cold morning in Roseville, resident Nick Taylor, 24, drove up to his girlfriend’s house and ran inside to pick her up with her two-year-old son.

He left his car running in the driveway. Instead of returning to a warm vehicle, he got a costly reminder in the form of a $128 ticket on the windshield from Roseville for leaving a vehicle unattended.

He ranted about it on Facebook, blaming the dip*** police for not just knocking on the door and telling him to turn off his car, and his post drew thousands of shares and angry comments, many of them on his side.

Police stand by the ticket. “I encourage our officers to write this ticket,” said Roseville Police Chief James Berlin, citing car theft as public safety concern.

“All it takes is someone to hop in this car and take off. Then there’s a chase often at a high rate of speed and all that could have been prevented,” Chief Berlin added, saying a remote starter includes safeguards against theft.

And people think we live in a free country? I had something similar happen to me. I faught it and won.

I park at the water treatment plant and walk my dog on public land that surrounds the fenced in plant. Police found me back there and asked me what I was doing back there. I said walking my dog. Is there a problem? They said yes, you aren't supposed to be back there. They were completely wrong. But me being back there inconvenienced them. Too bad! We should be free to leave our running car unattended. They do not have to chase the thief in fact they never do. Usually they find the car abandoned later.

So can you get a ticket for leaving your front door unlocked? Burglaries happen and that inconveniences cops too. Or homicides. They should have door lock checkers giving tickets for unlocked doors.

Forum List

Back