Michelle's mom opposed marriage to biracial man

Racism to the core

Speaking from your own core personal beliefs again?
No. I don't throw stones while living in a glass house.

I've had to deal with this situation in my own family, so I'm speaking from personal experience, particularly because my own marriage is racially mixed.
I love when people pretend their situation is the same as someone else and they have no clue what they are talking about.

Racism to the core

I've had to deal with this situation in my own family, so I'm speaking from personal experience, particularly because my own marriage is racially mixed.

Marian Robinson was thinking about people just like you when she made that remark.

Actually she was thinking that she hated having white relatives.

It's people like me that don't care what color you are. People are people. Apparently Michelle and her mother have a problem with whites. Same with Barack. He spelled it out in his book pretty clearly. He's not above associating with them but he has no qualms about talking smack about them behind heir backs.

That is a racist.

There are several kinds of racists:

1. Those that tell to your face that they hate you
  2. Those that refuse to associate with you
  3. Those that act like you're welcome but talk about you the moment you leave

Obama is number 3

Racism to the core

Marian Robinson was thinking about people just like you when she made that remark.

the dictionary definition of hypocrite had you in mind

Racism to the core

Who let you out of the USMB Racist Hall of Shame?

Why don't you go to the article and quote us the "racist" part. You know, confirm post 6.

This oughta be good...
See post 12 doofus

I already did.
You walked right into it.
12 doesn't make your case. Read post 10. Or post 7. 12 was already refuted before you posted.

Think about it. You know -- break the mold. Value judgment? Not found.

So -- anything else?
no it wasnt, just because you said it was doesnt make it so. If Luara Bushes mom said “That didn’t concern me as much as had he been completely Black,” , you would be wigging out, you hypocrite.

Speculation Fallacy fails; ad hom based on Speculation Fallacy has no legs, crumbles to the ground.

And in the hypothesis, Laura Bush's mom isn't stating her motivation either, so it STILL doesn't denote "racism". This point continues to sail blitehley over your head as you trudge on determined to see the worst in both your rhetorical adversaries and public figures' parents, which you apparently see as some political football to be booted over a goalpost in the quest for "points".

Sad little fart.

So, again, blinders firmly in place until the mom starts throwing out racial slurs like candy at a Christmas parade.

If the woman doesn't approve of a biracial man marrying her daughter, she's a bigot plain and simple. Where does she get off anyway? There isn't a pure black living in America anymore unless he just stepped off a plane from Nigeria

If I go out car shopping, and some dealer offers me a Yugo, and I have misgivings about buying that car -- does that make be a "bigot" against Serbian people?

Think about it. It's not required to see race behind everything.

If the woman doesn't approve of a biracial man marrying her daughter, she's a bigot plain and simple.

Except that Marion Robinson did approve of Barack Obama.

Your entire premise flawed because it is based on your own failure to comprehend what was actually said.

That's another point -- the thread title says she "opposed" the marriage. That isn't what the article says. In fact the only time the word appears, it says the opposite. And I quote,
"Peter Slevin’s forthcoming biography, 'Michelle Obama: A Life,' doesn’t suggest those concerns spurred Robinson (pictured) to oppose the union."

But you know what, let's forget about that and all jump on the racism bandwagon. More fun.

(/sarc)

No, I just didn't read one word like you. I read the entire article.

Try it sometime time.

Apparently not not. See above.

Last edited:
Racism to the core

Its obvious you have never owned nor were you forced to look at a dictionary.

See post 12 doofus

I already did.
12 doesn't make your case. Read post 10. Or post 7. 12 was already refuted before you posted.

So -- anything else?
no it wasnt, just because you said it was doesnt make it so. If Luara Bushes mom said “That didn’t concern me as much as had he been completely Black,” , you would be wigging out, you hypocrite.

Speculation Fallacy fails; ad hom based on Speculation Fallacy has no legs, crumbles to the ground.

And in the hypothesis, Laura Bush's mom isn't stating her motivation either, so it STILL doesn't denote "racism". This point continues to sail blitehley over your head as you trudge on determined to see the worst in both your rhetorical adversaries and public figures' parents, which you apparently see as some political football to be booted over a goalpost in the quest for "points".

Sad little fart.

So, again, blinders firmly in place until the mom starts throwing out racial slurs like candy at a Christmas parade.

If the woman doesn't approve of a biracial man marrying her daughter, she's a bigot plain and simple. Where does she get off anyway? There isn't a pure black living in America anymore unless he just stepped off a plane from Nigeria

If I go out car shopping, and some dealer offers me a Yugo, and I have misgivings about buying that car -- does that make be a "bigot" against Serbian people?

Yet the article pointed out the Michelle's mother had misgivings about a half white mongrel, and that she felt at least he wasn't all white.

Racism?

I think so, definitely.

I already did.

So -- anything else?

Sad little fart.

Yet the article pointed out the Michelle's mother had misgivings about a half white mongrel, and that she felt at least he wasn't all white.

Racism?

I think so, definitely.
Thats your problem. Dont try thinking without training wheels. Its obvious you never learned how to process information correctly.

I already did.

So -- anything else?

Sad little fart.

Racism?

I think so, definitely.

Link to where she says anything about "mongrels"?

Let's make it easier: link to where she expresses a negative value judgment about anyone on account of race? Which is after all the requirement for "racism" to exist...

I'll wait right here. :eusa_whistle:

Sad little fart.

Racism?

I think so, definitely.

Let's make it easier: link to where she expresses a negative value judgment about anyone on account of race? Which is after all the requirement for "racism" to exist...

I used the article previously linked:

In a Chicago TV interview that aired during Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate campaign — and newly resurrected by Michelle Obama biographer Peter Slevin in a book due out next month — Marion Robinson confessed to being “a little bit” wary about her future son-in-law being the product of a white mom and black dad.

But it could’ve been worse, according to Robinson.“That didn’t concern me as much as had he been completely white,” Robinson laughed in the appearance on WTTW’s “Chicago Tonight,” which was scarcely noticed at the time.

Sad little fart.

Racism?

I think so, definitely.

I used the article previously linked:

In a Chicago TV interview that aired during Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate campaign — and newly resurrected by Michelle Obama biographer Peter Slevin in a book due out next month — Marion Robinson confessed to being “a little bit” wary about her future son-in-law being the product of a white mom and black dad.

But it could’ve been worse, according to Robinson.“That didn’t concern me as much as had he been completely white,” Robinson laughed in the appearance on WTTW’s “Chicago Tonight,” which was scarcely noticed at the time.

You made the same reading comprehension error that BLT (who thanked this post) made earlier---
That being, once again, you quote a statement of preference --- yet you cannot quote a "racist" basis for that preference. And the reason you cannot do that is because it just flat does not exist. You ass-umed it and plunked it in there. Which I might add, required you to ignore all other possible bases for that preference, including sociocultural ones already articulated in this thread before you even got here.

I'll go right back to what I noted yesterday-- it isn't necessary to try to find racism in absolutely everything. Get over that mentality already.

God forbid if he had been completely white.

Now my question is, are you reading comprehension challenged or just dishonest?

Uh... 'scuse me, where does anybody anywhere in the story express "god forbid"? Got a quote?

See how you are?

Forum List

Back