Michelle's mom opposed marriage to biracial man

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
You see folks, racism works both ways and the FLOTUS has a mother who is a prime example. And Marion Anderson, is a very smart woman, who reared two successful kids.

Long before Michelle Obama became First Lady, her mother had misgivings about her marrying a young man named Barack Obama — because he was biracial.

In a Chicago TV interview that aired during Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate campaign — and newly resurrected by Michelle Obama biographer Peter Slevin in a book due out next month — Marion Robinson confessed to being “a little bit” wary about her future son-in-law being the product of a white mom and black dad.

But it could’ve been worse, according to Robinson.

“That didn’t concern me as much as had he been completely white,” Robinson laughed in the appearance on WTTW’s “Chicago Tonight,” which was scarcely noticed at the time.

more: EXCLUSIVE Michelle Obama mom had biracial marriage worries - NY Daily News

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

A mother with misgivings about the man her daughter is marrying.

That has never happened before. You kkk-types are to be commended for uncovering this very important story and sharing it with the world.

:rolleyes:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

That has never happened before. You kkk-types are to be commended for uncovering this very important story and sharing it with the world.

Totally gives moochelles mom a pass on being a racist. Duddy thinks you have to be white to be racist. He is a typical pansy ass libturd.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Totally gives moochelles mom a pass on being a racist. Duddy thinks you have to be white to be racist. He is a typical pansy ass libturd.

Liar.

In point of fact, I have often said that I believe that all people of all racists are, to some extent or another, racist.

THAT is my opinion.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Don't `chu be calling me no KKK type, Luddly or I be puttin` up a picture of some real original KKK members....including a Grand Knight, and his political party. :eusa_think:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'm going to give you a total pass on not knowing what racist means

You see folks, racism works both ways and the FLOTUS has a mother who is a prime example. And Marion Anderson, is a very smart woman, who reared two successful kids.

Long before Michelle Obama became First Lady, her mother had misgivings about her marrying a young man named Barack Obama — because he was biracial.

In a Chicago TV interview that aired during Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate campaign — and newly resurrected by Michelle Obama biographer Peter Slevin in a book due out next month — Marion Robinson confessed to being “a little bit” wary about her future son-in-law being the product of a white mom and black dad.

“That didn’t concern me as much as had he been completely white,” Robinson laughed in the appearance on WTTW’s “Chicago Tonight,” which was scarcely noticed at the time.

more: EXCLUSIVE Michelle Obama mom had biracial marriage worries - NY Daily News

If you read the rest of the article you discover that her misgivings were not racism on her part at all.

“I guess that I worry about races mixing because of the difficulty — not for, so much for prejudice or anything,” Robinson continued. “It’s just very hard.”

Slevin’s forthcoming biography, “Michelle Obama: A Life,” doesn’t suggest those concerns spurred Robinson to oppose the union.

To the contrary, writes Slevin, a veteran Washington Post correspondent who now teaches journalism at Northwestern University’s Medill School: “Marian, no pushover, was favorably impressed with Barack.”

When the Obamas moved to Washington, Robinson, now 77, joined them as the doting and protective grandmother to the couple’s daughters, Sasha and Malia.

While granting few interviews, Robinson has spent years doing everything from tucking the girls in at night to accompanying them on official trips to China and Africa.

More recently, she marched with the Obama family in Selma, Ala., to commemorated one of the bloodiest battles of the civil rights movement.​

She was only concerned that Michelle might encounter racism from other family relatives. She approved of Michelle's choice of Barack.

If you read the rest of the article you discover that her misgivings were not racism on her part at all.

“I guess that I worry about races mixing because of the difficulty — not for, so much for prejudice or anything,” Robinson continued. “It’s just very hard.”

Slevin’s forthcoming biography, “Michelle Obama: A Life,” doesn’t suggest those concerns spurred Robinson to oppose the union.

To the contrary, writes Slevin, a veteran Washington Post correspondent who now teaches journalism at Northwestern University’s Medill School: “Marian, no pushover, was favorably impressed with Barack.”

When the Obamas moved to Washington, Robinson, now 77, joined them as the doting and protective grandmother to the couple’s daughters, Sasha and Malia.

While granting few interviews, Robinson has spent years doing everything from tucking the girls in at night to accompanying them on official trips to China and Africa.

More recently, she marched with the Obama family in Selma, Ala., to commemorated one of the bloodiest battles of the civil rights movement.​

She was only concerned that Michelle might encounter racism from other family relatives. She approved of Michelle's choice of Barack.

Hello my long lost bud and friend. :)

And I DID read the rest of the article. I'm sure now that he is the POTUS she has changed her mind, in spite of her original reservations of him being from a black parent and a white parent, as opposed to, for example, a dysfunctional and divided and fatherless family. That is what I would have been more concerned about, should she have been my daughter.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Don't `chu be calling me no KKK type, Luddly or I be puttin` up a picture of some real original KKK members....including a Grand Knight, and his political party. :eusa_think:

This board is lousy with kkk/white aryan/white supremacist bed bugs and cockroaches. You always seem to post really ridiculous hatred for our president that is never based on facts. If you're just an ignorant RW but not white supremacist, I gladly retract that.

If I am incorrect about your past posts, I retract that as well and apologize.

Thanks but no thanks on the photos. I don't need to see pics of these cowardly vermin hiding under their sheets.

Whoa whoa WHOA folks.

--- On what basis are we concluding "racism" here?

Can we just quit knee-jerk calling "racism" every time we see a different shade on somebody? Can we just stop perpetuating this crapola? Can we do dat?

There are sociocultural dynamics in such relationships, and there's nothing to suggest Marion Robinson was operating on anything but that -- from the link:

>> “I guess that I worry about races mixing because of the difficulty — not for, so much for prejudice or anything,” Robinson continued. “It’s just very hard.”

Slevin’s forthcoming biography, “Michelle Obama: A Life,” doesn’t suggest those concerns spurred Robinson to oppose the union. <<
-- not unlike the parent who worries that their child came out as gay, for the difficulties they will face -- from sociocultural pressures. On the outside.

Racism, on the other hand, requires a value judgment by the racist --- that "Race X is superior to Race Y". There's no indication of that here either.

This is a gadfly headline written to SELL PAPERS. We can see that as soon as we get to the word "EXCLUSIVE!!". When will we get it through our heads that muckraking gossip papers are using their readers as pawns? If we don't quite enabling this shit we will never emerge from their muck. They profit from it.

Thank you.

Damn.

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

I'm going to give you a total pass on not knowing what racist means
I know what one looks like..CC
25032.jpg

BFS

Her words
“That didn’t concern me as much as had he been completely white,” Robinson laughed

Whoa whoa WHOA folks.

Can we just quit knee-jerk calling "racism" every time we see a different shade on somebody? Can we just stop perpetuating this crapola? Can we do dat?

There are sociocultural dynamics in such relationships, and there's nothing to suggest Marion Robinson was operating on anything but that -- from the link:

>> “I guess that I worry about races mixing because of the difficulty — not for, so much for prejudice or anything,” Robinson continued. “It’s just very hard.”

Slevin’s forthcoming biography, “Michelle Obama: A Life,” doesn’t suggest those concerns spurred Robinson to oppose the union. <<
-- not unlike the parent who worries that their child came out as gay, for the difficulties they will face -- from sociocultural pressures. On the outside.

Racism, on the other hand, requires a value judgment by the racist --- that "Race X is superior to Race Y". There's no indication of that here either.

This is a gadfly headline written to SELL PAPERS. We can see that as soon as we get to the word "EXCLUSIVE!!". When will we get it through our heads that muckraking gossip papers are using their readers as pawns? If we don't quite enabling this shit we will never emerge from their muck. They profit from it.

Thank you.

Damn.

Thanks for your civil response, Pogo, my bud who loves good music. :D

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Why don't you go to the article and quote us the "racist" part. You know, confirm post 6.

This oughta be good...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Why don't you go to the article and quote us the "racist" part. You know, confirm post 6.

This oughta be good...
See post 12 doofus

Whoa whoa WHOA folks.

Thank you.

Damn.

I love civility too m'dear QuaQua. I just worry about us losing it in rhetorical dissonnance.
Not "us" us but Us as a country.
Love ya 'Qua :smiliehug:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This oughta be good...
See post 12 doofus

I already did.
You walked right into it.
12 doesn't make your case. Read post 10. Or post 7. 12 was already refuted before you posted.

Think about it. You know -- break the mold. Value judgment? Not found.

So -- anything else?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

This oughta be good...
See post 12 doofus

This issue would only be considered racist by liberals, if the mother were white and being worried about the marriage of a white daughter to a biracial man, doncha know?

Whoa whoa WHOA folks.

Thank you.

Damn.

Good post.

She was right.

Don't all parents wish for the same thing for their children?

Whoa whoa WHOA folks.

Thank you.

Damn.

I love civility too m'dear QuaQua. I just worry about us losing it in rhetorical dissonnance.
Not "us" us but Us as a country.
Love ya 'Qua :smiliehug:

I love you, too sweetheart. I have for a long time. I respect and admire you. We don't always have to agree on all things, as you once pointed out to me, in your usual astute brilliance.

:smiliehug:

Forum List

Back