Michelin USA Closing Ardmore, OK Tire Plant

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
After 50+ years, Michelin will quit producing passenger car tires in Ardmore. The company says they can't compete with tires made in Thailand, Mexico, and Turkey.
This closure means the loss of 1400 jobs.

After 50+ years, Michelin will quit producing passenger car tires in Ardmore. The company says they can't compete with tires made in Thailand, Mexico, and Turkey.

bidenomics,,

Yes, offshoring never occurred before Biden. :rolleyes:

With unions striking for higher wages, I imagine we will see more.

You can thank Biden and the Democrat party for this.

I remember when Yugoslavia produced most of the European tires. Now it's Serbia. Most every major manufacturer makes tires there.
It's always been the low labor cost thing.
Serbia was in Yugoslavia when it was still a country.

how many companies in US bought that bs and disappeared overnite cause Mexican labor was so cheap......cheap because its crap

Their demise but I don't blame them. Profits. What's happening is profit is killing them over the long run.

American vehicles are junk today. It's why I drive BMW

at least trump was trying to bring it back,, bidens been there 50 yrs and counting,,

Wait. I thought Trump’s biggest accomplishment in his first year was renaming NAFTA to USMC. Or is that a lie now? It’s so hard to keep up with the ever changing claims on Trump’s presidency.

Forum List

Back