Miami police officer to be disciplined for wearing Trump mask at polling station

Last edited:

Where do they get these dumb cops from ? The police should be free from partisanship. It really isnt complicated.

Partisanship? Complicated?

The guy has a right to vote.

The guy is required to wear a mask. There is nothing in the law about the KIND of mask. In most cases, you are just lucky to just find a mask. There are masks of every kind and color now, every type. I own one and ain't changing it for anyone.

Nothing is going to happen to the cop. Had it said Biden on it, this wouldn't even be as story. Is this really the biggest thing you have to worry about 5,000 miles away? Do you really suppose that anyone changed their vote because of a name on one person's mask at the poll for 11 seconds?

I see you Londoners value conformity to freedom of expression, the exact reason why we left to create the USA.

Thanks a lot for that.

Where do they get these dumb cops from ? The police should be free from partisanship. It really isnt complicated.

The guy is required to wear a mask. There is nothing in the law about the KIND of mask. In most cases, you are just lucky to just find a mask. There are masks of every kind and color now, every type. I own one and ain't changing it for anyone.

Nothing is going to happen to the cop. Had it said Biden on it, this wouldn't even be as story. Is this really the biggest thing you have to worry about 5,000 miles away? Do you really suppose that anyone changed their vote because of a name on one person's mask at the poll for 11 seconds?

I see you Londoners value conformity to freedom of expression, the exact reason why we left to create the USA.

Thanks a lot for that.
You mean: a cop voting for Biden isn't a story???? it'd be a bloody miracle!!!!!

Greg

Thanks a lot for that.
You mean: a cop voting for Biden isn't a story???? it'd be a bloody miracle!!!!!

Greg

You have a point. Just seeing a cop voting, you should know is a vote for Trump. The mask was simply redundant.

Police Officers are Human and have their own political views and would you have gotten upset if the Officer wore a BLM shirt?
Police should not show political affiliation of any kind.

Police Officers are Human and have their own political views and would you have gotten upset if the Officer wore a BLM shirt?

Sure, and had it been a BLM mask my bet is you would be screaming about how the Officer should have his right to freely express themselves but seeing it is Trump, well Tommy is against that!

Again, Police Officers are human and let be clear the ones in your shit hole region most likely express their views while you never realizing it...

Sure, and had it been a BLM mask my bet is you would be screaming about how the Officer should have his right to freely express themselves but seeing it is Trump, well Tommy is against that!

Again, Police Officers are human and let be clear the ones in your shit hole region most likely express their views while you never realizing it...
Well I have been consistent on this. Show me a pic of an officer wearing a BLM shirt and I will condemn it.
Police officers should not promote political parties whilst on duty. Its pretty shocking that you types dont get that.

Well I have been consistent on this. Show me a pic of an officer wearing a BLM shirt and I will condemn it.
Police officers should not promote political parties whilst on duty. Its pretty shocking that you types dont get that.

It is surprising those like you believe Police Officers are not human and believe their should be robotic in nature!

You find any story to whine about LEO and if there was any Officer wearing BLM mask or shirt you would run and hide and then claim that Officer is a Patriot!

In the States people have rights unlike in the shit hole you live in!

In America the police routinely get away with heinous crimes that would land us in jail for years. Wearing a Trump mask is pretty far down the list of shit to get mad about.

Well what they want him to do, take off his mask at the voting polls?
I'm going to get me a Pres. Trump mask because I believe those masks has super powers because he has defeated the virus. I'll be scared to go to the voting polls without one. And so that mask was probably like a security blanket to that officer. That it makes him feel safe around infected people.

1603363899350.png

1603364160071.png

The police should be free from partisanship. It really isnt complicated.

Police are only prohibited from expressing partisanship ... we all know who the police will be voting for.
How can you a cop defend him?
That is exactly what he was doing - expressing partisanship.
He broke two state laws -
1) Wareing a mask with a political slogan when in uniform.
2) Wareing a political slogan within a 150ft of a polling station.
He was also in violation of police department regulations-
1) Political campaigning while on duty.
2) Displaying an offensive "No more bullshit" slogan.

When challenged he made no attempt to either turn it back to front, go change it or wrap a handkerchief around it, but just laughed, such was his arrogance and utter contempt. Add to all that he is supposed to be catching criminals not swanning around and going to vote, something he should do in his own time and not in uniform or funded by the taxpayer.

Suspension should be the first step in the guy's dismissal.

How do you know that all US cops will vote for Trump?
Are they all zionists and think that just because he moved the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, they are compelled to vote for him, as you do? What about all the black ones? What about all the sane ones?

Finally, it is quite amazing how the same Trumpsters who boast their law and order credentials at every turn, see no hypocrisy in support of a copper caught red-handed breaking the law, merely because he is a Trumpster.

I guess I do not know if all states are the same but in general you are not allowed to wear anything that supports any candidate at a polling station. I disagree with that idea but it is still the way it is.

DO NOT wear campaign buttons, shirts, hats, or any other items that are politically oriented.

https://dos.myflorida.com/media/700087/ds-de-11.pdf

Did the polling station offer him a different mask? I saw no mention of such. Not seeing the problem unless another mask was offered.

Forum List

Back