Methane growth may be indicating a glacial termination event

To see if you read them, as I read both the article and the link to the actual study and yes, I knew these weren't some man-made global warming doomsday articles or thread, whether you did or not.
So why didn't you ask that?
You're not very good at this, and my statement that triggered you stands on its own:
There are a lot of chicken-littles who feverishly consume any doomsday theories put out there.

Meh. We have basically zero understanding of how these things work.

Look at the BS about the ozone hole a few decades ago. We banned CFCs, but the ozone hole is back anyway. As if prior to the satellite era we had any clue about a hole in the ozone! But we did something and the ozone hole is back anyway.
The ozone hole was not detected by satellites. It was disovered from observations of UV at the surface and balloon observations of the atmosphere. And the hole is bad this year due to unusual conditions, not to any failure of the Montreal Protocol.

My god it must suck to be you.
Cognizance is its own reward.
You are always worrying about the earth burning up.
I'm not the only person on the planet concerned about global warming. There are a great deal more people who share my opinion on the matter than share yours, so at least I've got company.
You must live a miserable life.
No. I'm retired and relatively healthy and relatively well-off. You?
Doesn't your husband ever tell you to stop being a pussy?
I don't have a husband. I have a wife and who has never told me to stop being a pussy. She has told me on several occasions that I should stop arguing with you "whackos".
You should listen to him her.
We've been married for 38 years. I suspect we communicate in a satisfactory manner. You?
Climate change is real, Missy
Of course it is. AGW is real as well, Missy.
and their ain't jackshit you can do about it because it is part of Nature.
The idea that humans are powerless to alter natural climatic functions is not supported by the evidence. It wasn't easy or trivial for humans to create global warming: it took over a hundred years and costs many hundreds of billions of dollars. It won't be easy or simple or cheap or quick to stop it but life will get pretty fucking miserable (something you don't seem to prefer) if we do not.
However, man made climate change is a big scam
I wish it was. Unfortunately, the scam is the load of horse shit that the fossil fuel industry has managed to sell to undereducated right wingers such as you.
and if that is what you are afraid of then you are dumber than a door knob.
I can't tell you much I wish basic science had been mandatory in our school system. I mean, look at you...

Okay, PeeWee.
So, this was not a doomsday prediction. It was an observation that the Earth may no longer be headed into a glacial period. It also brings up the point that human activities can have far reaching climatic effects. The frequently seen argument here that humans are not physically capable of altering the world's climate is once again shown to be wishful babbling.

So, this was not a doomsday prediction. It was an observation that the Earth may no longer be headed into a glacial period. It also brings up the point that human activities can have far reaching climatic effects. The frequently seen argument here that humans are not physically capable of altering the world's climate is once again shown to be wishful babbling.
My post (#7) was about you, not the thread topic. Hence the triggering.

My post (#7) was about you, not the thread topic. Hence the triggering.
In post #7, you spoke of Chicken Littles latching on to doomsday theories. This wasn't a doomsday theory. So, basically, you're a fumbling idiot who doesn't read things very well before making "witty" comments.

For the record ... cows belch methane when they vomit up their food to be chewed again ... it's called "ruminating" ... our Fourth Pillar of The Solution is to consume 90% less meat ... so 90% less cows belching methane ... live like Neanderthals ... can't cut down trees so we'll have to live in caves ...

Methane has a very short lifespan in our atmosphere ... half-life of 15 years I believe ... so natural seepage isn't enough to change anything, certainly not any of the 100-year climate averages ... the methane would have to be continuously added to the atmosphere for there to be any effect ... and our pipeline system is one leaky son-of-a-bitch ... makes Jackson, Mississippi's water system look sound ...

The end consumer just isn't paying enough for natural gas service ... so safety and the environment will suffer ...

Consume less meat, or consume less beef?

What should happen to the other 199ish species of belching ruminants? Would culling 90% of those help too?

What it is, the chicken littles live under the umbrella notion that everything climate related is all doomsday related. It's as obvious as a puppy sitting beside a big pile of poo.

A non-anthropogenic acceleration in atmospheric methane since 2006 closely resembles methane trends seen in past glacial termination events.

AND

Ya know what the problem is ?
White Men

whhshshshhshwjjsj.gif

What it is, the chicken littles live under the umbrella notion that everything climate related is all doomsday related. It's as obvious as a puppy sitting beside a big pile of poo.
I never said this was a doomsday issue. Orange Cat Breath did. What this is, as I stated, is more evidence that humans are entirely capable of altering the climate.

Consume less meat, or consume less beef?

What should happen to the other 199ish species of belching ruminants? Would culling 90% of those help too?

Consume less meat ... and use the surplus acreage as forestland ... like these lands were before humans arrived ... we grow human-food in California and ship it to Chicago ... because all the land within 1,000 miles of Chicago is used to grow animal-food ... cows and pigs and chickens and turkeys ... you should visit Corn Field National Park in Iowa ... covers the whole state ...

Not sure your question about the 199 species of critically endangered species of ruminates ... all their habitat is gone and farmers shoot them on sight ... you're better off fixing this leak in the natural gas pipelines:

I never said this was a doomsday issue. Orange Cat Breath did. What this is, as I stated, is more evidence that humans are entirely capable of altering the climate.
Because Orange Cat, like every sensible person, knows the chicken littles feel it's a doomsday issue.

Forum List

Back