Meseyside bus drivers get 11% pay rise - Join a union

Great result for the bus men. Its hardly a rise when inflation is hitting 10% but it means they wont lose further ground.
Unions are playing a bigger and bigger part in making our socity fairer.
I still have a Crosville coat that they gave me when I lived in the area. Wearing that coat meant a free ride.

Collective bargaining. Good for them.

They were great to me at the depot. I could go there and eat breakfast for free.
I guess Crosville is no longer?
Nope. They got taken over by bigger companies. My mate drove for them and spent a long long time on strike.
Back in the day the Crosville Social Club and the War Memorial Club were the only places in Wrexham where you could get a drink between 3 and 5:30.
I lost many afternoons in there and it was always a jolly scene.
Now you can get a drink at any time.

Nope. They got taken over by bigger companies. My mate drove for them and spent a long long time on strike.
Back in the day the Crosville Social Club and the War Memorial Club were the only places in Wrexham where you could get a drink between 3 and 5:30.
I lost many afternoons in there and it was always a jolly scene.
Now you can get a drink at any time.
There is a handfull of bus outfits in the area. Will the others go with Union representation?

Great result for the bus men. Its hardly a rise when inflation is hitting 10% but it means they wont lose further ground.
That is hilarious! We just gave our drivers a wage increase last year of 10% and then a 15% increase early this year and increased our prices. Your union seems really weak compared to our drivers that have no union.

Glad our drivers weren’t restricted by the union BS.

Yes, I hope it is turning back from the 80's but quite simply no one can expect people to try and live as these and others would be without a pay rise which steadied the loss made by inflation.

Forum List

Back