Mesa AZ PIG COP MURDER: Daniel Shaver seen crawling, begging in disturbing video as MURDERED!

...we think it’s ok for police to use lethal force on assumptions?

Again, whether it was the cops or a home invader, if the perp reaches for his waistline after I've told him not to do so, he's going to get shot. This has nothing to do with a theater of war and everything to do with the right of self defense. This does not change if it's me or a cop. So, if I have a firearm on you and you reach into your belt, I'm going to assume you're doing so to produce a weapon. No different for a cop.
Most you righties are afraid of your own shadow. Your statements prove it.

This is such an ignorant statement when MANY cops get killed in the line of duty, protecting YOUR ass from these nut jobs who would kill their own mom for a dollar.
They get paid to do a job. They knew what they were getting into. You watch that vidio and tell me that guy needed to be shot, then you re the ignorant one. The guy was not aq threat, if this is what you call good police work your standards are much lower than mine. Listen to the cops demeanor during this confrontation. He was not scared at all he just wanted to humiliate and kill the guy. That cop should be impaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. The pig barking out bizarre unlawful orders and threatening to shoot the guy is fucking psychotic sadistic control freak. And an accessory to the murder.

Those kind of violent psychopaths cannot be reformed. They need to be removed from society permanently.

Both of the pigs should be executed, not just the shooter.
If this is what police protection looks like in the future I say we fire them all and save their salaries. I sure as hell do not feel safe with people like that wearing a uniform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, don't forget that cops are not just responsible for their safety, but the safety of citizens who happen to be or wander into the area, of if the guy does have a gun and gets away from them somehow and shoots an innocent citizen. Of he could even go for one of their guns. All of these things are on the cops minds when they are trying to subdue a suspect. Also, I read the story and the police were originally called because of reports of a man with a GUN. So of course they are going to be extra careful and extra cautious. They DO NOT KNOW YOU. They don't know what you are capable of. They do not know what you have on your person and/or what your plans are. They don't know anything about you. You, as far as they are concerned (when called because of reports that you are waving a gun around and shooting out a window) are a dangerous suspect. I felt sorry for the kid, but I can look back in hindsight, knowing that he was not armed. The cops don't have that luxury and have to make split second decisions.
You are ignoring the fact that he is allowed to be armed. This is the USA.

Cops can't just go around shooting people who have guns or are suspected of having guns.

I hope the family gets even with that pig.

You know, when I was stationed in Newport RI, I was also a member of the Security Force, and we were trained in how to use force.

Now................many of the police shootings that I've seen appeared to be murder. One was where the dude was running away and was shot in the back, one was filmed by that woman as her boyfriend died in the seat next to her, and there are many other examples I could mention where I thought the cop was wrong.

This however, is one of the first ones I agree with.

First, you should know WHY the police were called in the first place. Seems that someone in their room was pointing a gun out the window of the room, which is why police were called.

So, the police are already worried about someone with a gun at the scene. They know they need to take precautions.

The dude was agitated, and was having trouble following the police's instructions. When he was told to crawl forward on his hands and knees, he should have just done it. However, he started to crawl, and apparently his shorts started to fall. At that point, the man should have stopped, told the cop his pants were falling off and ask for permission to reach down and pull them up.

Instead, he reached down to his waist, AWAY from the side the cop was on, and it looked like he could have been going for a weapon.

Nope, sorry, the police were already called there for a gun call, and because they were on a gun call, when the guy reached down, they thought he was going for a gun.

I probably would have only shot him once or twice, not ran off a 5 round burst like the cop did, but yeah, I more than likely would have fired as well.
But you can't hide a rifle in your shorts .
The complaint was about someone armed with a rifle...
But if the cop though Shavers had a pistol why not think he could have explosives too?
If he had a bomb taped to his body he could have blown everyone in that hallway to smitherenes. Another thing... Cops lives are no more valuable than anyone else's. I hope there is a God to judge those who steal the lives of helpless people with such impunity.
There won't be any apologists around when
Killer cops meet their maker...and he won't be able to lie about how he felt at the time he killed someone.

Now you are just taking things to a ridiculous place. No, you can't hide a rifle in your shorts, but did you ever stop to consider that if a person owns a long gun, chances are very good they will have a pistol as well? Most people who own guns have more than one. Shoot, there are people on this board who brag about how many weapons they have.
So why didn't the cops consider the perp might also have a hidden explosive device? That certainly would have been more deadly to them than a pistol would. BTW... terrorists don't cry and beg for their lives. They come to the scene stoicly prepared to die...

If reaching is a justifiable reason to use potentially lethal force...than this video shows what low standards the police have for using that force.

This unlucky fellow, who was stopped over a possible seat belt violation, was shot because he was following police orders. The cop asked for his drivers license, he then reached for his drivers license, then he was shot....if you’ve ever been stopped by police, you’ve probably reached for your license, the cop in that situation is 100% justified to shoot. Because “he doesn’t know whether or not you have a gun.” So he’s allowed to just assume. This is not ok. We all should agree on this.

Again, whether it was the cops or a home invader, if the perp reaches for his waistline after I've told him not to do so, he's going to get shot.
What perp?

The only perps were the cops. One committed aggravated menacing and the other committed murder.

The courts disagreed. Your opinion is irrelevant and your logic entirely lacking.

I agree with the jury's finding. The idiot reached when told not to. The cop did the right thing. The cops in the other videos that hesitated ended up dead.
Bullshit. The innocent man committed no crime whatsoever and the cop murdered him.

People like you are mental weaklings.

Not an argument.

Again, whether it was the cops or a home invader, if the perp reaches for his waistline after I've told him not to do so, he's going to get shot. This has nothing to do with a theater of war and everything to do with the right of self defense. This does not change if it's me or a cop. So, if I have a firearm on you and you reach into your belt, I'm going to assume you're doing so to produce a weapon. No different for a cop.
No it does change, if this was you and me on tape, outside of our home, we absolutely get charged.

You're correct it depends on the circumstances, and what was demonstrated in this case, affirmed by a jury, is that the cops acted reasonably.

Don't act like you're reaching for a weapon and you'll be fine.

Again, whether it was the cops or a home invader, if the perp reaches for his waistline after I've told him not to do so, he's going to get shot.
What perp?

The only perps were the cops. One committed aggravated menacing and the other committed murder.

The courts disagreed. Your opinion is irrelevant and your logic entirely lacking.

I agree with the jury's finding. The idiot reached when told not to. The cop did the right thing. The cops in the other videos that hesitated ended up dead.
Bullshit. The innocent man committed no crime whatsoever and the cop murdered him.

People like you are mental weaklings.

Not an argument.
Your concession is respectfully accepted.

No it does change, if this was you and me on tape, outside of our home, we absolutely get charged.

You're correct it depends on the circumstances, and what was demonstrated in this case, affirmed by a jury, is that the cops acted reasonably.

Don't act like you're reaching for a weapon and you'll be fine.
Sadly jury verdicts can be manipulated or influenced by the introduction of strange court rules that favor killer cops. And all too often, jurors are selected who seem sympathetic to cops...and all it takes is one to get a hung jury. Unfortunately this killer cop was acquitted even in the face of overwhelming video evidence. It isn't that he wasn't guilt of murder...we all saw that for ourselves... the issue is that a jury refused to do the right thing and convict that murdering son of a bitch

This is such an ignorant statement when MANY cops get killed in the line of duty, protecting YOUR ass from these nut jobs who would kill their own mom for a dollar.
They get paid to do a job. They knew what they were getting into. You watch that vidio and tell me that guy needed to be shot, then you re the ignorant one. The guy was not aq threat, if this is what you call good police work your standards are much lower than mine. Listen to the cops demeanor during this confrontation. He was not scared at all he just wanted to humiliate and kill the guy. That cop should be impaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Their job is to protect the public from dangerous suspects.

I already acknowledged that the cop was an asshole. However, he is not a mind reader and he doesn't know what the suspect is capable of doing or what the suspect is carrying, a knife, a gun, whatever.

Number Of Police Officers Killed By Firearms Rose In 2016, Study Finds

The number of law enforcement officers shot and killed in the line of duty increased sharply in 2016 relative to 2015, according to a preliminary report from The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

The overall number of officer fatalities rose by 10 percent, remaining lower than the average for the previous ten years.

But the NLEOMF found that 64 officers were killed in firearm-related incidents in 2016 — a 56 percent increase over 2015, when 41 officers were killed. It's the highest number of firearms-related deaths recorded since 2011, when the tally was 73.

Those shooting deaths included 21 deaths in ambush-style shootings, "the highest total in more than two decades," NLEOMF said in a statement.

The rise was partly fueled by a few high-profile shootings that took the lives of multiple officers, NLEOMF notes:

"Eight multiple-shooting death incidents claimed the lives of 20 officers in 2016, tied with 1971 for the highest total of any year since 1932. Those incidents included five officers killed in ambush attacks in Dallas (TX) and three in Baton Rouge (LA) spanning 10 days in July."

THE TWO-WAY
Number Of Police Officers Killed By Gunfire Fell 14 Percent In 2015, Study Says

Overall, including traffic fatalities and other causes, 135 police officers died in the line of duty in 2016, NLEOMF says. That's 10 percent more than died last year, and the largest tally since 2011, when 177 officers died — 73 of them in firearms-related incidents.

That's still lower than the average of the previous ten years, when total fatalities averaged just under 144 deaths per year. And it's far lower than in decades past. According to NLEOMF data, in the 1970s, an average of 231 officers died each year. In the '80s, the number who died each year never dipped below 175.

Still, the rise in shooting fatalities in 2016 — and especially the increase in ambush killings targeting law enforcement officers — has police officers on edge, The Associated Press reports:

" 'We've never seen a year in my memory when we've had an increase of this magnitude in officer shooting deaths,' said Craig Floyd, president and chief executive of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. 'These officers were killed simply because of the uniform they wear and the job they do. This is unacceptable to the humane society that we are.' ...

"Floyd said the impact of this year has been profound on law enforcement. Agencies are struggling to recruit officers to their ranks and those who continue to serve 'talk about how their head is now on a swivel.'

" 'They're always looking over their shoulder, always worrying about the next attack that could come at any time from any direction,' Floyd said."

Well, how would the cop know if this guy was reaching for a weapon or not? I agree, he was a total asshole, but when they tell you not to move, then don't go reaching behind you. He has no idea if you are reaching for a weapon or not. I'm sure plenty of cops who practice "restraint" have been murdered because of it. These guys are dealing with the lowest of the low in society on a daily basis. Of course, that is going to have an effect on them and their psyche. It is silly to think that it wouldn't. Cops should have "term limits."
He should have never been giving him those orders in the first place, the orders should have remained stay face down on the ground, legs crossed, palms on the ground. He should’ve waited till first perp was secure, then cuff and search him with partner present. The cop made himself vulnerable in that situation. If for whatever reason they needed the perp to come to them, have him crawl backwards, tell him to lift his shirt so you can see if he has a weapon. At least a dozen other scenarios would have been better than what this cop chose. That is 100% on the cop.

I’ll ask again, why is it we give enemy combatants in war zones better treatment than our own citizens. If this was in Iraq, these guys would have been court marshaled, and charged. This is unacceptable by our own soldiers standards, why do we accept it? I want police to come home safe, I want them to take necassary actions and precautions to do that, and I want them to put themselves in advantages posistions, but reaching IS NOT a viable justification. Closing with a mentally I’ll patient with a knife who lunges IS NOT a viable justification for shooting. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN THAT POSISTION. I get not every situation is cut and dry, and there will be times police get caught off guard, and have to make split second decisions, this was not one of those situations. Yes this kid was stupid, he was also scared shitless and clearly not thinking straight (kind of understandable if you’ve ever been scared shitless). Police should be held to civilian standards of self defense, at the very least, if not higher. Get rid of the law enforcement bill of rights, and get rid of the “when in doubt shoot training,” which is exactly what we saw in that video no matter what way you want to slice it.

Well, this I can agree with. You make a good point in how he was managing the suspect. Making them crawl over to them doesn't really seem to make much sense, but there might be a reason why they do this that we don't know about.

Well, how would the cop know if this guy was reaching for a weapon or not? I agree, he was a total asshole, but when they tell you not to move, then don't go reaching behind you. He has no idea if you are reaching for a weapon or not. I'm sure plenty of cops who practice "restraint" have been murdered because of it. These guys are dealing with the lowest of the low in society on a daily basis. Of course, that is going to have an effect on them and their psyche. It is silly to think that it wouldn't. Cops should have "term limits."
He should have never been giving him those orders in the first place, the orders should have remained stay face down on the ground, legs crossed, palms on the ground. He should’ve waited till first perp was secure, then cuff and search him with partner present. The cop made himself vulnerable in that situation. If for whatever reason they needed the perp to come to them, have him crawl backwards, tell him to lift his shirt so you can see if he has a weapon. At least a dozen other scenarios would have been better than what this cop chose. That is 100% on the cop.

I’ll ask again, why is it we give enemy combatants in war zones better treatment than our own citizens. If this was in Iraq, these guys would have been court marshaled, and charged. This is unacceptable by our own soldiers standards, why do we accept it? I want police to come home safe, I want them to take necassary actions and precautions to do that, and I want them to put themselves in advantages posistions, but reaching IS NOT a viable justification. Closing with a mentally I’ll patient with a knife who lunges IS NOT a viable justification for shooting. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN THAT POSISTION. I get not every situation is cut and dry, and there will be times police get caught off guard, and have to make split second decisions, this was not one of those situations. Yes this kid was stupid, he was also scared shitless and clearly not thinking straight (kind of understandable if you’ve ever been scared shitless). Police should be held to civilian standards of self defense, at the very least, if not higher. Get rid of the law enforcement bill of rights, and get rid of the “when in doubt shoot training,” which is exactly what we saw in that video no matter what way you want to slice it.

Well, this I can agree with. You make a good point in how he was managing the suspect. Making them crawl over to them doesn't really seem to make much sense, but there might be a reason why they do this that we don't know about.

Having the woman crawl made sense because the cops needed them further apart for safety. Having him crawl made no sense at all.

That cop was on a power trip.

I didn't watch it all the way through and won't. I know what happens.

Ok so you admit you didn't watch the entire video and didn't watch when the perp reached for his waist after being told to keep his hands up. So you openly admit your opinion is irrelevant to the discussion.

Thanks for your honesty.

I already acknowledged that the cop was an asshole. However, he is not a mind reader and he doesn't know what the suspect is capable of doing or what the suspect is carrying, a knife, a gun, whatever.

The number of law enforcement officers shot and killed in the line of duty increased sharply in 2016 relative to 2015, according to a preliminary report from The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund.

The overall number of officer fatalities rose by 10 percent, remaining lower than the average for the previous ten years.

But the NLEOMF found that 64 officers were killed in firearm-related incidents in 2016 — a 56 percent increase over 2015, when 41 officers were killed. It's the highest number of firearms-related deaths recorded since 2011, when the tally was 73.

Those shooting deaths included 21 deaths in ambush-style shootings, "the highest total in more than two decades," NLEOMF said in a statement.

The rise was partly fueled by a few high-profile shootings that took the lives of multiple officers, NLEOMF notes:

"Eight multiple-shooting death incidents claimed the lives of 20 officers in 2016, tied with 1971 for the highest total of any year since 1932. Those incidents included five officers killed in ambush attacks in Dallas (TX) and three in Baton Rouge (LA) spanning 10 days in July."

THE TWO-WAY

Overall, including traffic fatalities and other causes, 135 police officers died in the line of duty in 2016, NLEOMF says. That's 10 percent more than died last year, and the largest tally since 2011, when 177 officers died — 73 of them in firearms-related incidents.

That's still lower than the average of the previous ten years, when total fatalities averaged just under 144 deaths per year. And it's far lower than in decades past. According to NLEOMF data, in the 1970s, an average of 231 officers died each year. In the '80s, the number who died each year never dipped below 175.

Still, the rise in shooting fatalities in 2016 — and especially the increase in ambush killings targeting law enforcement officers — has police officers on edge, The Associated Press reports:

" 'We've never seen a year in my memory when we've had an increase of this magnitude in officer shooting deaths,' said Craig Floyd, president and chief executive of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. 'These officers were killed simply because of the uniform they wear and the job they do. This is unacceptable to the humane society that we are.' ...

"Floyd said the impact of this year has been profound on law enforcement. Agencies are struggling to recruit officers to their ranks and those who continue to serve 'talk about how their head is now on a swivel.'

" 'They're always looking over their shoulder, always worrying about the next attack that could come at any time from any direction,' Floyd said."
Ya , the cop sounded real worried on the vidio. They had him on the ground with his hands interlocked and legs crossed absolutely no threat at that time. They easily could have went and cuffed him, but they did not. They issued order after order that did not make sense and shot the guy. Over 4800 construction workers died on the job in 2014 so no I do not feel bad for the cops. They can either do their job or they do not belong there. This cop belongs in prison. You can expect more cop killing in the future do to this guy, we like the cops do not want to get shot and killed. This vidio and the aquital sure does not raise my trust in the cops, many people will see this vidio and think, the next time a cop points a gun at me I should likely shoot him before he shoots me. As far as him protecting my ass, I can do with out five high powered bullets in my body. I can do with out this proitection. I have never called a cop to protect me and never will.

Having the woman crawl made sense because the cops needed them further apart for safety. Having him crawl made no sense at all.
The cops aren't going to approach Shaver not knowing who, if any one, is still in the room. They had no way of knowing that the other male, whom Shaver had been showing his gun, had already left the room. They have to assume someone else is in the room. It makes perfect sense to have him crawl to them.

I think it's really obvious. You've all seen video of cops arresting someone out on the street. They have them first put their hands up then drop to the ground. The street is an open area and the people they are arresting have come out of cars. The cops can clearly see that no one else is in the car or around to be a threat. In this case they are in a narrow hallway. There is a room behind the woman and man with the door open, the room they came out of. The cops don't know who is or isn't in that room and if they are or not a threat. So instead of walking up to the people they are arresting and cuffing them, they have them come to them. They are on their knees with hands up to make them helpless. The cops are not going to go to them because there may be an armed person in the hotel room at the end of the hall.

If the young man had only followed instructions, as the woman did, he would have been fine. He was warned repeatedly. It's very sad. We know now there was no leathal gun and that he was not a criminal, but that is hindsight. It's a horrible situation. I don't like what happened, but I can understand why it had to happen. Most cops are good people and trying to do their job. They are not evil. It's the bad ones who give them a bad reputation. Saying all cops are bad is like saying all blacks are bad, and we know that isn't true.

I

Last edited:

I think it's really obvious. You've all seen video of cops arresting someone out on the street. They have them first put their hands up then drop to the ground. The street is an open area and the people they are arresting have come out of cars. The cops can clearly see that no one else is in the car or around to be a threat. In this case they are in a narrow hallway. There is a room behind the woman and man with the door open, the room they came out of. The cops don't know who is or isn't in that room and if they are or not a threat. So instead of walking up to the people they are arresting and cuffing them, they have them come to them. They are on their knees with hands up to make them helpless. The cops are not going to go to them because there may be an armed person in the hotel room at the end of the hall.

If the young man had only followed instructions, as the woman did, he would have been fine. He was warned repeatedly. It's very sad. We know now there was no leathal gun and that he was not a criminal, but that is hindsight. It's a horrible situation. I don't like what happened, but I can understand why it had to happen. Most cops are good people and trying to do their job. They are not evil. It's the bad ones who give them a bad reputation. Saying all cops are bad is like saying all blacks are bad, and we know that isn't true.

I

Yes, another thing to remember is that none of us were there, and we have never been in such a situation and have no idea about the stress levels involved. I really do think that cops should maybe have term limits. It's an awfully stressful job, and I imagine some of the things they have seen and experienced start to get to them after a while.

THE TWO-WAY

Ya , the cop sounded real worried on the vidio. They had him on the ground with his hands interlocked and legs crossed absolutely no threat at that time. They easily could have went and cuffed him, but they did not. They issued order after order that did not make sense and shot the guy. Over 4800 construction workers died on the job in 2014 so no I do not feel bad for the cops. They can either do their job or they do not belong there. This cop belongs in prison. You can expect more cop killing in the future do to this guy, we like the cops do not want to get shot and killed. This vidio and the aquital sure does not raise my trust in the cops, many people will see this vidio and think, the next time a cop points a gun at me I should likely shoot him before he shoots me. As far as him protecting my ass, I can do with out five high powered bullets in my body. I can do with out this proitection. I have never called a cop to protect me and never will.

The cops know better than to ever ASSUME that somebody is not a threat. They know this due to experience dealing with people.

THE TWO-WAY

The cops know better than to ever ASSUME that somebody is not a threat. They know this due to experience dealing with people.
There was no assumption, he could be clearly seen. So just keep going, obviously a copcan commit no crime in your eyes.Here is the thing you can score to high on a civil servicwe test to become a cop. So just keep teling me how they no more than I do and how it is to complicated for us civilians to comprehend.. If you belive that a guy with his fingers interlocked on his head, face down on the ground and legs crossed is a threat, then you do not have two IQ points to rub togeth3er just like the two idiot fucking pigs in that vidio. And yes they were fucking murdering pigs. If you belive that was good police work you have no buisness being a cop or telling me how a cop should act. Go get fucking bent you fucking dim witted boot licking dumb fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hoppe that shit happens to some one in your family. Any way you slice it an umarrmed inocent person lost their life and you condone the actions of murderers.

THE TWO-WAY

There was no assumption, he could be clearly seen. So just keep going, obviously a copcan commit no crime in your eyes.Here is the thing you can score to high on a civil servicwe test to become a cop. So just keep teling me how they no more than I do and how it is to complicated for us civilians to comprehend.. If you belive that a guy with his fingers interlocked on his head, face down on the ground and legs crossed is a threat, then you do not have two IQ points to rub togeth3er just like the two idiot fucking pigs in that vidio. And yes they were fucking murdering pigs. If you belive that was good police work you have no buisness being a cop or telling me how a cop should act. Go get fucking bent you fucking dim witted boot licking dumb fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hoppe that shit happens to some one in your family. Any way you slice it an umarrmed inocent person lost their life and you condone the actions of murderers.

Okay, crazy person. Go get some psychiatric help for yourself.

THE TWO-WAY

Okay, crazy person. Go get some psychiatric help for yourself.
Ya, I am crazy because I want to hold people accountable for thier actions no matter their job title. There are no cops that have committed crimes and they should be afforded a pass on all of their actions due to thier job title. The poor guy that did nothing laying on the floor of a hotel hall that lost his life deserved to. If I make a mistake in my job I have to pay the consequences why should a cop n ot have to pay the consequences too. Most cops are decent people, how ever the blue line allows the bad apples to do what ever the fuck they want. If you murder some one like thisa guy clearly did you need to go to jail. If you think you desrve respect just due to wearing a uniform, you are sorely mistasken.

Forum List

Back