Menachem Begin is revolving in his grave: First openly gay Likud member to joined Knesset

browsing deer

Silver Member
Jul 11, 2015
in the forrest
Likud taps its first openly gay MK to replace Shalom

No. 32 on the Likud list of prospective parliamentarians, Amir Ohana, head of the right-wing party’s gay forum, is set to enter the Knesset this week after veteran member of Knesset and Interior Minister Silvan Shalom’s resignation Sunday amid numerous complaints of sexual harassment.

Ohana, a lawyer by training who is also a major in the reserves and a veteran of the Shin Bet domestic security service, will be the first openly gay MK in a right-wing party and only the second in the current Knesset.

“It was expected that I would enter at some point during the current Knesset,” Ohana said to Channel 2 Sunday evening. “At the same time, it unfortunately happened under unhappy circumstances. I will do my best for the State of Israel.”

Meanwhile, gays are killed in Pallie territories...

After doing some reading on Ohana he seems like a good guy. I wish him the best of luck.

The male muslim's obsession with gay men is disturbing. Any gay men I've met seem to be in their own world of oblivion. certainly they are no threat. I'm sure this Ohana is exceedingly ostracized from normal society when he's not at work.

The male muslim's obsession with gay men is disturbing. Any gay men I've met seem to be in their own world of oblivion. certainly they are no threat. I'm sure this Ohana is exceedingly ostracized from normal society when he's not at work.

What makes you say that? He likely doesn't have very many friends in the Ultra-Othrodox circles but Israel is very tolerant of it's gay citizens.

What makes you say that? He likely doesn't have very many friends in the Ultra-Othrodox circles but Israel is very tolerant of it's gay citizens.
Well I've never been there.

Likud taps its first openly gay MK to replace Shalom

No. 32 on the Likud list of prospective parliamentarians, Amir Ohana, head of the right-wing party’s gay forum, is set to enter the Knesset this week after veteran member of Knesset and Interior Minister Silvan Shalom’s resignation Sunday amid numerous complaints of sexual harassment.

Ohana, a lawyer by training who is also a major in the reserves and a veteran of the Shin Bet domestic security service, will be the first openly gay MK in a right-wing party and only the second in the current Knesset.

“It was expected that I would enter at some point during the current Knesset,” Ohana said to Channel 2 Sunday evening. “At the same time, it unfortunately happened under unhappy circumstances. I will do my best for the State of Israel.”

why do you think menachem begin would have cared?

because *you're* a bigot everyone is supposed to be one?

nope

It is quite lovely. Jerusalem is beautiful and so rich with history but I absolutely love Tel Aviv.

It is quite lovely. Jerusalem is beautiful and so rich with history but I absolutely love Tel Aviv.
*shudder* no thank you!

Revolving corpses, now that's good source of clean energy.

That's true, they have the huge parade every year, and have become the Gay capital of the world now.

the phenomenal sources of water and energy they have discovered and are utilizing always amaze me. From solar to creating gas from home garbage they produce amazing amounts on non polluting fuel. They produce 70% from solar. Here in the states we get about 5% It is amazing

the phenomenal sources of water and energy they have discovered and are utilizing always amaze me. From solar to creating gas from home garbage they produce amazing amounts on non polluting fuel. They produce 70% from solar. Here in the states we get about 5% It is amazing
Obama should tap in to all the revolving corpses of our past national heroes and patriots as a source of clean energy. Maybe that's what he meant by "hundreds of thousands of 'shovel ready' jobs!" :lmao:

bovine-excrement-meter.gif

Another Bambiesque pinkwashing thread. Gays ARE killed in Palestine...mainly by the IDF.

"There is no record of execution of gay people in Gaza." Associated Press retracts claim that homosexuality is illegal in the West Bank

Next.

bovine-excrement-meter.gif

Another Bambiesque pinkwashing thread. Gays ARE killed in Palestine...mainly by the IDF.

"There is no record of execution of gay people in Gaza." Associated Press retracts claim that homosexuality is illegal in the West Bank

Next.

Of course, Pali Nazi supporters have nothing but lies.

Gay Palestinian to court: Deport me and I’ll be killed
f100610OM49-copy-635x357.jpg

A gay Palestinian man appealed to the High Court of Justice on Thursday to overturn the Interior Ministry’s decision to refuse him residency status, saying he risks death if he returns to the West Bank.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email
and never miss our top stories
Free Sign up!

The Muslim resident of Nablus claimed that deportation to the Palestinian territories would result in his detention and torture by the Palestinian security forces and persecution by his family because of his sexual orientation.

His petition testified that Palestinian police had arrested, tortured and severely beaten him because he is openly gay. Most members of his family have disowned him, and those who haven’t have warned him by phone to never come home, he stated.

The man has lived in Tel Aviv — widely hailed as one of the most gay-friendly cities in the world — with his partner for the last decade. The couple say that the Interior Ministry has repeatedly rejected their petition to legalize the Palestinian’s residence in Israel.

Apparently the animals will kill you if you're gay or a convert to Christianity.

Christian, gay, family ties to Hamas: I'll be killed if I'm deported

Christian, gay, family ties to Hamas: I'll be killed if I'm deported
John Calvin is a seemingly normal 24-year-old. He poses in selfies on Facebook and chats with his friends over Snapchat. He lives in Edmonton, Canada, and attends church regularly.
But here's what makes him different: Calvin, who is also gay, comes from a family with ties to Hamas and is facing deportation on Nov. 4 -- what he says will be a "certain death."

Calvin, who changed his name several years ago to protect his identity, identifies his grandfather as Said Bilal, one of the founding members of Hamas. His uncles have been linked to several suicide bombings, according to the Israeli authorities.

"Islam [and] Hamas were the two things that my family revolved around," Calvin said. "It was not part of my family's identity. It was the identity we had."

But growing up in the West Bank, Calvin says he was unlike other members of his family. He was fascinated by Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code" and began exploring Christianity. He liked men from an early age. And at 14, Calvin says he began questioning his upbringing.

He fled to Israel where he was imprisoned for illegally crossing the border. There, he says he was sexually assaulted by a man from his hometown.

Calvin says he'd been taught to hate Jews, but after the attack, Israeli prison guards showed him compassion.

"That was the moment when I started breaking off from my beliefs," he recalls.

When he returned home, Calvin says he faced violence after his family learned that he wanted to convert to Christianity.

"My father ... actually planned it so I was to be put to death," he told CNNMoney.

Calvin said his mother broke down and told him of the planned "honor killing," after which he fled to Canada, where he received a student visa and applied for refugee status in 2011.

He spent the next four years building a new life -- he met friends who became his new family. He studied Bible and theology, and became an active member of the Christian community in Edmonton. From the safety of Canada, he says he called home to tell his parents he was gay.

But on New Year's Eve, he learned he could lose his safe haven. His refugee application was denied. The notice from the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Board cited Calvin's links to Hamas. Just weeks ago, he received his deportation date: Nov. 4.

The notice found him to be a contributing member of Hamas, citing Calvin's immigration interview where he disclosed that his family had given him a gun as teenager, although he says it was never used. It also cited his disclosure that he had carried messages between family members

Calvin's attorney Nathan Whitling says he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions as teenager.

"He was just simply running errands for the senior members of his family," he told CNNMoney. "He certainly wasn't involved in any actual acts of terror."

But even so, the notice said he had been a member of Hamas. (It said he became a de facto member because he was born into the organization, but at 14, he had the mental capacity to understand his family's wrongdoings).

Calvin says if he's sent home, his life will be in jeopardy given his faith, his sexuality, and his family's ties to Hamas.

CNNMoney contacted Calvin's father, Jehad Salameh, who denied that he'd planned to kill his son in the past. When asked about his son being gay, Salameh said his son was sick, and if he returned to the West Bank, he'd take him to the doctor. He went on to say his son was schizophrenic.

"Islam never imposes punishment on a mentally ill person," he said when asked if Calvin would face harm upon returning.

But in another conversation, Salameh painted a different picture.

Salameh likened Calvin's possible return to the death of Saddam Hussein's son-in-law, Hussein Kamel, who defected and was eventually killed by people in the community.

"Our family is no less dignified than Saddam Hussein's family," Salameh told CNNMoney in a phone interview. "His fate may not be different than that traitor general Hussein Kamel."

"What he did is offensive to honor and to religion," Salameh added. "And the family has the right to retaliate against him."

The Canadian government would not comment specifically on Calvin's case but said the decision to remove someone from the country is not taken lightly.

Since Canada has designated him a former member of a terrorist organization, Calvin can't appeal the denial or claim refugee status in Canada, Whitling said.

So his options are limited.

His only recourse is to apply for a risk assessment, which determines whether his life will be in danger or he'll face punishment upon returning, said attorney Bjorn Harsanyi, who is working with Calvin.

Actually what they do is label the gays as spies and "collaborators" and then kill them. Right, let's give these animals a state, why not?

Human rights in the Palestinian territories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status of homosexuality

Gay Palestinians are often arrested and tortured. According to a gay rights group, Aguda, "The P.A. 's usual excuse for persecuting gays is to label them collaborators--though I know of two cases in the last three years where people were tried explicitly for being homosexuals...It's now [since the intifada, when police increasingly began enforcing Islamic law] impossible to be an open gay in the P.A."

An Openly homosexual ? are these people special or something that we all have to hear about them? I don't want to hear about who straight people has sex with why do I care about them?

why do they need the limelight of being know as : the openly homosexual blaaa blaaa bla

An Openly homosexual ? are these people special or something that we all have to hear about them? I don't want to hear about who straight people has sex with why do I care about them?

why do they need the limelight of being know as : the openly homosexual blaaa blaaa bla

Ask Bambi, he posted this nonsense in the first place.

Forum List

Back