Memphis Police Allow Kidnapping Suspect to Refuse to ID Location of Victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep Quiet? Screw you. I'm just telling you what's going on in a situation you apparently do not understand but you apparently prefer to be ignorant. Right now he's up for capital murder. A living victim would save him from the needle. She's dead and he will attempt to use the body as a bargaining chip. If you were to think about it for two seconds you would see I am right.
If you would stop and think about the fact that all you are doing is guessing it might prompt you to keep quiet. Maybe she is dead, but you don't know that, and neither does anybody else at this point in time. You don't know any more than the rest of us.

So...the hell with our Constitution, right?
If you want to talk about the constitution, cite what part of it and how it applies to this case.

In the meantime, here's a question for you. Suppose a captured jihadist tells cops that a nuclear bomb is going to explode in New York City (which has extremely high population density) tomorrow. Has capability of killing MILLIONS of people instantly.

Cops could stop it if they knew where to go. Jihadist says he knows, but refuses to tell them. You beat it out of him, or you let millions of people die ? (millions more after radiation spreads).

Either she is alive or the killer is holding out until he is sure she's dead. If he knows she's dead, he would be making a deal to tell where the body is.

He's black. Victim is white. He already knows this isn't a serious crime. He certainly wouldn't want her to testify and increase penalties.
In Tennessee Aggravated Kidnapping is a Class B felony - up to 30 years prison - big time serious.

Do you honestly believe she's alive?

Torturing the guy, while I certainly understand the desire and even agree with the sentiment, won't have any real net benefit. The woman's dead. It's pretty safe to assume that. If she isn't dead, we violate his rights and he walks. If she is dead, we violate his rights, the woman is still dead, and he walks.

Either way, if you torture him, he walks...
I neither believe she is alive or dead. I don't know. It's not safe to assume the woman to be dead. Since you like assuming things, now it's my turn - I will assume that this turd will do hard time, no matter what the cops do.

And I know Memphis, Tennessee. I lived there for a while. If this guy walks, his life won't be worth a plug nickel. He won't last a week. He'd be safer in prison, and he may not be safe there either.

What's happened to Tennessee????

I thought it was a decent, religious, decent place....

What happened???? :dunno:

They could go the cheap route and show the perp back to back Jerry Lewis movies.
jerry-lewis-nutty.jpg
I used to like Jerry Lewis movies. They were very funny. Especially the "Disorderly Orderly" It was a riot.

What's happened to Tennessee????

I thought it was a decent, religious, decent place....

What happened???? :dunno:
It's where they wrecked my life, and trashed my 5 years of hard college work, by discriminating against me in Affirmative Action. Like anyplace, they have their share of dumbass liberals.

We don't need armchair crime "experts"
Or anyone who knows how it works.

Ted Bundy gave up the location of one victim every time he wanted something. When he refused to give up any more, the police knew he had other victims. He grinned and said "you don't have anything more that I want." The police suspected that he had a dozen more victims but he never said and went to his execution never saying.

If you want to talk about the constitution, cite what part of it and how it applies to this case.

In the meantime, here's a question for you. Suppose a captured jihadist tells cops that a nuclear bomb is going to explode in New York City (which has extremely high population density) tomorrow. Has capability of killing MILLIONS of people instantly.

Cops could stop it if they knew where to go. Jihadist says he knows, but refuses to tell them. You beat it out of him, or you let millions of people die ? (millions more after radiation spreads).
Hmm. It IS New York. Filled with criminals, invaders and democrats. Buy him a Starbucks and a donut. Let it go.

I neither believe she is alive or dead. I don't know. It's not safe to assume the woman to be dead. Since you like assuming things, now it's my turn - I will assume that this turd will do hard time, no matter what the cops do.
Wow.

You're a regular F. Lee Bailey, ain't ya'?

The number of people involved is pointless.
The facts are simply that no one has that authority and never can.
If you try to create that authority for what you think is a good reason, then it will more likely be used for the wrong reasons.

The better solution would be to cut any sort of deal necessary in order to get the woman or even just her body, and later find another way to get him.

Or anyone who knows how it works.

Ted Bundy gave up the location of one victim every time he wanted something. When he refused to give up any more, the police knew he had other victims. He grinned and said "you don't have anything more that I want." The police suspected that he had a dozen more victims but he never said and went to his execution never saying.
One could also cite a number of kidnap victims who went lost for some time, only to turn up alive later - even years later. As long as there is no body being seen, cops should do all they can to locate Eliza (dead or alive). - including pain or threat of it.

The number of people involved is pointless.
The facts are simply that no one has that authority and never can.
If you try to create that authority for what you think is a good reason, then it will more likely be used for the wrong reasons.

The better solution would be to cut any sort of deal necessary in order to get the woman or even just her body, and later find another way to get him.
Well, the solution for that is just DON'T DO IT for wrong reasons. Anything could fall into the category of "be used for the wrong reasons" That could be said about cops having guns. Or cops having cruisers. Or attorneys using videos.

What you suggested would have the criminal go free, only to endanger more people. Best thing is just beat it out of him, and go to the location ASAP.

Wow.

You're a regular F. Lee Bailey, ain't ya'?
Funny. That's what I say about some posters in this thread. Why would I be called "a regular F. Lee Bailey" ? Because I want to get the location of the woman ASAP, and try to save her, if she's still alive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back