Memphis Police Allow Kidnapping Suspect to Refuse to ID Location of Victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are ways of getting information from people without actually hurting them. It just takes a little bit of cleverness, but Im sure most of that has been purged , For example. true story, I know a guy who knows a guy who was once involved in all things illicit. had to get information out of someone about the whereabouts of an item so...... duct taped a clothes iron to the guy's bare foot while he was tied to a chair....... plugged it in and walked away to leave him alone in the house. He never made it to the door before the guy was giving it all up....
Gist of this story though, is the clothing iron didn't even work,it was purposely disabled and it didn't have to work ... in that guy's mind he could probably feel the iron heating up and was terrified of being left alone in a house with a hot iron melting his foot away. So he gave everything up in a matter of seconds.

Beating confessions out of a suspect opens up a lot of problematic doors.

It's about the LOCATION of the victim, not a confession. And letting a victim die who could have saved, opens up a lot of problematic doors.

I wonder what some of the posters would say if they were the victim right now.

There are ways of getting information from people without actually hurting them. It just takes a little bit of cleverness, but Im sure most of that has been purged , For example. true story, I know a guy who knows a guy who was once involved in all things illicit. had to get information out of someone about the whereabouts of an item so...... duct taped a clothes iron to the guy's bare foot while he was tied to a chair....... plugged it in and walked away to leave him alone in the house. He never made it to the door before the guy was giving it all up....
Gist of this story though, is the clothing iron didn't even work,it was purposely disabled and it didn't have to work ... in that guy's mind he could probably feel the iron heating up and was terrified of being left alone in a house with a hot iron melting his foot away. So he gave everything up in a matter of seconds.
There are 100 ways of getting somebody to talk immediately. The problem is doing it.

You don't know if she's still alive or not, so keep quiet.
Keep Quiet? Screw you. I'm just telling you what's going on in a situation you apparently do not understand but you apparently prefer to be ignorant. Right now he's up for capital murder. A living victim would save him from the needle. She's dead and he will attempt to use the body as a bargaining chip. If you were to think about it for two seconds you would see I am right.

AA11tTnb.img

Not his first time either,
Before Abston's conviction for kidnapping Durand, he had already appeared in juvenile court numerous times for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape, according to the lawyer's testimony. His first appearance in the system dates back to 1995, when he was only 12 years old.

It's about the LOCATION of the victim, not a confession. And letting a victim die who could have saved, opens up a lot of problematic doors.

If our system is to continue as it is, there will be times when it doesn't appear to work at all.

The question isn't whether it is permissible, or even possible, to torture a suspect of giving up information (something specifically outlawed by our Constitution) to save a life.

The question is, "Would those who are willing to torture a suspect, in clear violation of the law, be willing to destroy any opportunity to convict that suspect and face charges of assault themselves to save a life?".

How would they post if they were the victims to tell yous?

This is insane. Video and DNA has assured police they have the right guy who kidnapped a schoolteacher, Eliza Fletcher. The suspect Cleotha Abston, refuses to tell police of the location of Eliza. Whaaaat?

Did it ever occur to these cops that right now (if she's still alive) that Eliza could be tied up somewhere starving to death, attacked by wild animals, or oth life-threatenimg conditions, while this dirtbag goon plays games with them.

If he won't tell them where she is, they should be beating it out of him, and employing whatever it takes to get him to give the location of this dangerously threatened woman. A few toes on the edge of a full throttle woodchipper ought to do the trick, or electric shocks to the genitals. The rescue and safety of Eliza Fletcher should be the priority, not addressing the rights of a kidnapping lowlife.

Hey, they don't have time to torture people: they've defunded the police and the few that are left are real busy. If leftists don't like it, let them support the police better again.

If our system is to continue as it is, there will be times when it doesn't appear to work at all.

The question isn't whether it is permissible, or even possible, to torture a suspect of giving up information (something specifically outlawed by our Constitution) to save a life.

The question is, "Would those who are willing to torture a suspect, in clear violation of the law, be willing to destroy any opportunity to convict that suspect and face charges of assault themselves to save a life?".
Our system has already stopped working. So much for that. Time passes, things change.

I knew this was going to be a torture thread; I'm out.

Possibly, but as long as it is unknown we should give her every chance to be rescued, and not be putting the criminal ahead of the victim. (which is exactly what is happening)

Well, the reality is that beating a confession out of him would guarantee that he walks...

This is insane. Video and DNA has assured police they have the right guy who kidnapped a schoolteacher, Eliza Fletcher. The suspect Cleotha Abston, refuses to tell police of the location of Eliza. Whaaaat?

Did it ever occur to these cops that right now (if she's still alive) that Eliza could be tied up somewhere starving to death, attacked by wild animals, or oth life-threatenimg conditions, while this dirtbag goon plays games with them.

If he won't tell them where she is, they should be beating it out of him, and employing whatever it takes to get him to give the location of this dangerously threatened woman. A few toes on the edge of a full throttle woodchipper ought to do the trick, or electric shocks to the genitals. The rescue and safety of Eliza Fletcher should be the priority, not addressing the rights of a kidnapping lowlife.

He has a right against self incrimination. Blame Thomas Jefferson, not the Memphis police.

You don't know if she's still alive or not, so keep quiet.

Do you honestly believe she's alive?

Torturing the guy, while I certainly understand the desire and even agree with the sentiment, won't have any real net benefit. The woman's dead. It's pretty safe to assume that. If she isn't dead, we violate his rights and he walks. If she is dead, we violate his rights, the woman is still dead, and he walks.

Either way, if you torture him, he walks...

Crush some Carolina Reaper Chile and mix it with pure grain alcohol. Administer by injection. If he still doesn't talk, inject a syringe full into his penis.

I would say Dragon's Breath Chile, but that would kill him right away.

Do you honestly believe she's alive?

Torturing the guy, while I certainly understand the desire and even agree with the sentiment, won't have any real net benefit. The woman's dead. It's pretty safe to assume that. If she isn't dead, we violate his rights and he walks. If she is dead, we violate his rights, the woman is still dead, and he walks.

Either way, if you torture him, he walks...
Either she is alive or the killer is holding out until he is sure she's dead. If he knows she's dead, he would be making a deal to tell where the body is.

He's black. Victim is white. He already knows this isn't a serious crime. He certainly wouldn't want her to testify and increase penalties.

This happened in Memphis Tennessee?

Wow that's dissapointing...and there I was ....believing that Tennessee was full of Patriots.

I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back