Melania and Barron Trump won’t be moving to the White House

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

Future First Lady Melania Trump and son Barron will not be moving to the White House after Donald Trump’s inauguration in January, The Post has learned.

The president-elect’s 46-year-old wife and their 10-year-old son are staying put at the family’s glitzy Trump Tower penthouse so that Barron can continue attending his Upper West Side private school, sources told The Post.

“Melania is extremely close to Barron, and they have become closer during the campaign,” said a source close to Trump’s transition team. “The campaign has been difficult for Barron, and she is really hoping to keep disruption to a minimum.”

Another source said Melania Trump will travel to the White House as needed, but that her primary focus is on Barron.

“Melania is very supportive of her husband and is fully on board of doing everything that’s needed as first lady,” said the second source familiar with the Trump transition.

That source said also that there is a possibility that Melania and Barron may move to the White House at the end of the school year, but no plans are in place.

Melania and Barron Trump won’t be moving to the White House | New York Post

My gut reaction to this is that there are sacrifices to be made when a man becomes president. In this case, the sacrifice is that the entire family moves to the WH and the First Lady becomes the focus of planning on what causes she will bring to the President's message.

It's too easy for criticism of a wife not wanting to leave their opulent lifestyle resulting in a more traditional setting. There are private schools in the DC area and the SS wouldn't be burdened with providing security in New York City for Melania and Baron. Suck it up, Melania!

Future First Lady Melania Trump and son Barron will not be moving to the White House after Donald Trump’s inauguration in January, The Post has learned.

The president-elect’s 46-year-old wife and their 10-year-old son are staying put at the family’s glitzy Trump Tower penthouse so that Barron can continue attending his Upper West Side private school, sources told The Post.

“Melania is extremely close to Barron, and they have become closer during the campaign,” said a source close to Trump’s transition team. “The campaign has been difficult for Barron, and she is really hoping to keep disruption to a minimum.”

Another source said Melania Trump will travel to the White House as needed, but that her primary focus is on Barron.

“Melania is very supportive of her husband and is fully on board of doing everything that’s needed as first lady,” said the second source familiar with the Trump transition.

That source said also that there is a possibility that Melania and Barron may move to the White House at the end of the school year, but no plans are in place.

My gut reaction to this is that there are sacrifices to be made when a man becomes president. In this case, the sacrifice is that the entire family moves to the WH and the First Lady becomes the focus of planning on what causes she will bring to the President's message.

It's too easy for criticism of a wife not wanting to leave their opulent lifestyle resulting in a more traditional setting. There are private schools in the DC area and the SS wouldn't be burdened with providing security in New York City for Melania and Baron. Suck it up, Melania!

One cannot expect a woman of Melanomia's stature to stoop to the trappings of being first "lady", and young Barron should never have to leave his oppulance.

One cannot expect a woman of Melanomia's stature to stoop to the trappings of being first "lady", and young Barron should never have to leave his oppulance.
How many other First Ladies refused to move to the WH when their husband became president? She should be spending time operating the WH, getting to know the people who help set up State Dinners and such.

How many other First Ladies refused to move to the WH when their husband became president? She should be spending time operating the WH, getting to know the people who help set up State Dinners and such.

Honestly I don't give a fuck what she does. Trump won, let him have whatever and whomever he wants, let it play out, keep feeding him rope, let the masses learn the hard way, perhaps they'll be ready to get off the couch next time around.

I think Melania could be a great First Lady overcoming Jackie Kennedy as the classiest First Lady, coming from her former life in Camelot.

No matter what the Trump family does in the next four years, someone won't approve. phfffff. Evidently Donald and Melena think it is best for the youngster to stay where he is right now. I just can't help but think that this is their decision and really none of our business.

The people may be better off, you really want her in there remodeling on your dime?

No matter what the Trump family does in the next four years, someone won't approve. phfffff. Evidently Donald and Melena think it is best for the youngster to stay where he is right now. I just can't help but think that this is their decision and really none of our business.
Except for the clusterfuck it will create for the people of New York City. Adding insult to injury to a city of people who overwhelmingly rejected his candidacy.

I guess she she dosen't want him to come in contact with those nasty rubes who tour the white house

Perhaps I am being too hard on them, but I do think that families of Presidents should stay with the President and offer support during a stressful job he will undertake. A boy needs his father, too. There is no certainty that she will ever live in the WH.

The people may be better off, you really want her in there remodeling on your dime?
Trump has already said that there would be no changes to the WH in terms of remodeling.

Except for the clusterfuck it will create for the people of New York City. Adding insult to injury to a city of people who overwhelmingly rejected his candidacy.
What are you talking about?!

Perhaps I am being too hard on them, but I do think that families of Presidents should stay with the President and offer support during a stressful job he will undertake. A boy needs his father, too. There is no certainty that she will ever live in the WH.
I think it's pretty safe to say that the family will get together on weekends and school holidays and talk everyday by phone and whatnot. Donald Trump is no stranger to stress. He's an adult, I think we ought to let him decide how he handles the details of his private life.

The
What are you talking about?!
I understand there are barriers that exclude people from coming even close to the Trump's residence without going through security. To me, that is unnecessary. I am a Trump supporter but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every thing the family does.

Forum List

Back