~Meatloaf Talk~

Seriously....do you cringe when you discover your spouse or parent has prepared meatloaf for dinner??
Or does someone in your family have a special way to make it, to make it "oh so good"??
You know, meatloaf just isn't one of those special always asked for dinner meats.

You have never had GOOD meatloaf if you are asking this question!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuYKUgBZEc]Meat Loaf-"I'd Do Anything for Love Official Video 1994 [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Am I the only one who uses 'ground' oatmeal as a binder in meatloaf? Or uses thinly-sliced onions and ketchup as a topping?

Seriously....do you cringe when you discover your spouse or parent has prepared meatloaf for dinner??
Or does someone in your family have a special way to make it, to make it "oh so good"??
You know, meatloaf just isn't one of those special always asked for dinner meats.

Everyone does it their own way, and they all swear its the best. In my opinion its hard to mess up unless you serve it raw or something. I eat the hell out of some meat loaf. Had some last night made from ground lamb.

Everyone does it their own way, and they all swear its the best. In my opinion its hard to mess up unless you serve it raw or something. I eat the hell out of some meat loaf. Had some last night made from ground lamb.

My dog loves raw meatloaf.

I absolutely love meat loaf. I like it hot, cold, made with special stuff or just plain.

My daughter? She'll eat just about anything...and she doesn't like meatloaf! It's tragic!

My meatloaf:

Ground beef
Ground pork or sausage (optional)
Italian seasoning
garlic
soy sauce
worcestershire sauce
dry or prepared mustard
ketchup, tomato sauce, tomato paste or any combination
bread
milk
eggs

Yummmmmmmmmmmmm...

Are you kidding? Meatloaf is one of my all time favorite dishes! My Mom used to make with oatmeal, diced onion, eggs and topped with ketchup.

Yum! :D

I'll be making a meat loaf tomorrow, I'm gonna use different things like mushrooms, green chilis, onions, garlic, soy sauce etc. If anyone has any suggestions let me know, I will having egg noodles with it on the side.

I think about a tablespoon.

I always put in Worcestershire sauce as well. And I put in bread and pour milk over it to saturate...

I don't know why it works, those things mixed up..Italian seasoning, soy sauce, worcestershire, MILK...mustard...there's no way that stuff should be put together.

But somehow, it works.

I always HATED meat loaf.
Some months after we married my wife made one. To keep the peace, I ate some, and ate some more, and ate some more.

Over time I have found that numerous things I "hated" were pretty good.
What became clear over the passage of time was that my mother was a rotten cook.

And mix it JUST until it's well mixed. Overmixing meatloaf leads to Lead Meatloaf.

Forum List

Back