McMichael Fails Miserably In Taking The Stand In His Own Defense In Arbery Case

Arbery had no legal requirement to stop. Let me repeat that. No legal requirement to stop.

Neither does a child rapist, when he's caught. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a child rapist and deserves to be held accountable.
When you are being illegally detained, or even attempted illegally detained, you have no requirement to stop. None.

If you just committed a crime, then anyone can legally detain you. So sayeth the GA law. You're trying to get a thug off on a technicality. Like a crooked defense attorney.
Technicalities have kept actual criminals out of prison for far too long.
Even cops require Probable cause, and the requirement for citizens is much higher.

Greg recognized Arbery. Which gives him probably cause. The fact that he was correct in identifying Arbery, justifies the pursuit.
So Arbery continuing to run, and even attempt to avoid the three hooligans who were pursing him and ordering him to stop or they would blow his fucking head off, which is a crime in and of itself.

No, Arbery chose to attack Travis, instead of continuing to run. After reaching the front of the pick up, there was nothing in front of him, stopping him from continuing to run. He chose to attack.
Just as he chose to attack the man previously when they actually caught him stealing.
The fact is that Arbery didn’t commit a crime that day. In fact, they had no evidence that he had committed any crimes. The three damned fools were the ones on a crime spree. And the jury convicted them, as I predicted, and now we’ll see if my predictions on the Sentences will be accurate.

Trespassing is a crime. So yeah, he did commit a crime that day. And days prior to that. There's video evidence to prove it. The police were looking for Arbery for that very thing.

But you keep taking up for a known thief? Why? Is it because of his race? Or because of the McMichael's race.

I used to understand the mentality of the left, when I was a lefty. I've grown up since then and learned to use my own mind, instead of relying on leftist talking points.

Maybe someday you'll get there. Maybe big pharma can come up with a vaccine for it. That way the left will be glad to take it.
Bud

only someone as far right as you appear to be would consider me a leftist.

Arbery had no legal requirement to stop. Let me repeat that. No legal requirement to stop. When you are being illegally detained, or even attempted illegally detained, you have no requirement to stop. None.

Even cops require Probable cause, and the requirement for citizens is much higher.

So Arbery continuing to run, and even attempt to avoid the three hooligans who were pursing him and ordering him to stop or they would blow his fucking head off, which is a crime in and of itself.

The fact is that Arbery didn’t commit a crime that day. In fact, they had no evidence that he had committed any crimes. The three damned fools were the ones on a crime spree. And the jury convicted them, as I predicted, and now we’ll see if my predictions on the Sentences will be accurate.
Now there's where you went wrong.
Arbrey was guilty of Trespassing.
The jury convicted them because the DA said they called Arbery the N word.

Neither does a child rapist, when he's caught. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a child rapist and deserves to be held accountable.

If you just committed a crime, then anyone can legally detain you. So sayeth the GA law. You're trying to get a thug off on a technicality. Like a crooked defense attorney.
Technicalities have kept actual criminals out of prison for far too long.

Greg recognized Arbery. Which gives him probably cause. The fact that he was correct in identifying Arbery, justifies the pursuit.

No, Arbery chose to attack Travis, instead of continuing to run. After reaching the front of the pick up, there was nothing in front of him, stopping him from continuing to run. He chose to attack.
Just as he chose to attack the man previously when they actually caught him stealing.

Trespassing is a crime. So yeah, he did commit a crime that day. And days prior to that. There's video evidence to prove it. The police were looking for Arbery for that very thing.

But you keep taking up for a known thief? Why? Is it because of his race? Or because of the McMichael's race.

Odd how none of that was in court. Greg didn’t recognize him. Greg said he didn’t. You know during the interview. But hey. Why let facts get in the way of your narrative.

Odd how none of that was in court. Greg didn’t recognize him. Greg said he didn’t. You know during the interview. But hey. Why let facts get in the way of your narrative.

You're joking, right? It was in court. And it was evidence from the officers body cam. What trial was you watching?

And let's not forget the fact that it was already threatened that Atlanta, and a whole lot of other cities would be rioted if a not guilty verdict was given.

You're joking, right? It was in court. And it was evidence from the officers body cam. What trial was you watching?

Greg didn’t recognize him as a felon. He recognized him as someone who had run by and been at the house before.

He ran by often.

Nobody had seen him commit any crime.

Nonsense. I’ve said this so often. Well it appears as though I have to reiterate after reiteration and go on record again.

First. Arbery could not be arrested for Trespassing. Georgia law stipulates that the owner or designated representative. Read employee or someone else empowered to act in the Owners name, is the only one who can press charges for Trespassing. The McMichaels were not empowered verbally or in writing. Nor by position of employment to act on behalf of English.

The police had no intention of arresting Arbery. All they were going to do is tell him that his presence in the neighborhood was upsetting the racists and it might be better if he stayed away.

No. Criminal Trespassing was not an option. Simply being there is not proof of criminal trespassing. To show even intent takes more. Like something to steal and a way to flee with it. Arbery could steal nothing but a handful of nails wearing shorts and a T shirt.

Now. To the “arrest”. The power and authority was limited. You had to have first hand knowledge or probable cause. Not police style probable cause. Let me explain.

You see a guy running down the street pursued by a woman shouting he stole my purse. You see the guy carrying a purse. You have probable cause to believe the woman. It would be reasonable to believe he was a crook.

He must have done something don’t cut it. It doesn’t cut it for the cops. And they are empowered and licensed by the state to make arrests.

Finally. You have to inform the “suspect” they are under arrest. You can’t just walk up and grab a guy and start beating on him and claim he was resisting. Cops get in trouble for doing that.

Greg and Travis had no crime, no reasonable belief, no probable cause. They did not inform Arbery he was under arrest. So the Citizens Arrest argument is invalid.

That makes every action they took a crime.

It was not a bunch of good neighbors. It was three idiots. Every decision they made was wrong. And everyone of them was worse than the one before.

Nonsense. I’ve said this so often. Well it appears as though I have to reiterate after reiteration and go on record again.

First. Arbery could not be arrested for Trespassing. Georgia law stipulates that the owner or designated representative. Read employee or someone else empowered to act in the Owners name, is the only one who can press charges for Trespassing. The McMichaels were not empowered verbally or in writing. Nor by position of employment to act on behalf of English.

The police had no intention of arresting Arbery. All they were going to do is tell him that his presence in the neighborhood was upsetting the racists and it might be better if he stayed away.

No. Criminal Trespassing was not an option. Simply being there is not proof of criminal trespassing. To show even intent takes more. Like something to steal and a way to flee with it. Arbery could steal nothing but a handful of nails wearing shorts and a T shirt.

Now. To the “arrest”. The power and authority was limited. You had to have first hand knowledge or probable cause. Not police style probable cause. Let me explain.

You see a guy running down the street pursued by a woman shouting he stole my purse. You see the guy carrying a purse. You have probable cause to believe the woman. It would be reasonable to believe he was a crook.

He must have done something don’t cut it. It doesn’t cut it for the cops. And they are empowered and licensed by the state to make arrests.

Finally. You have to inform the “suspect” they are under arrest. You can’t just walk up and grab a guy and start beating on him and claim he was resisting. Cops get in trouble for doing that.

Greg and Travis had no crime, no reasonable belief, no probable cause. They did not inform Arbery he was under arrest. So the Citizens Arrest argument is invalid.

That makes every action they took a crime.

It was not a bunch of good neighbors. It was three idiots. Every decision they made was wrong. And everyone of them was worse than the one before.
Stop right there......what makes you think that once the owner is notified of the arrest that he wouldn't press charges?

Everything you posted after that is moot because of that one probability.

Stop right there......what makes you think that once the owner is notified of the arrest that he wouldn't press charges?

Everything you posted after that is moot because of that one probability.

There can’t be an arrest unless the Owner or designate orders it.

There isn’t a provision for I’ll do it later.

They can arrest anyone if they want to.
Just ask all of the people still in isolation for Jan 6th.

They were not arrested under Georgia Law.

What is it with you all? Did you flunk Civics? Did nobody ever mention that the States have different laws?

They were not arrested under Georgia Law.

What is it with you all? Did you flunk Civics? Did nobody ever mention that the States have different laws?
Yeah...right...I automatically assumed that Democrats or anyone would follow any God Damned law.
FYI....States have more power than the Feds do inside their own state.....so stop acting like a know-it-all and STFU.

Shows a mindset, mud.
Oh really?
I lived in Georgia for several years.
Despite what the snowflakes say....many times guys and girls born and raised in Georgia would have a Confederate flag license plate or a flag sticker or one of those magnetized Confederate flags in their back window.
They practically had them issued to them.
Only recently has that shit been considered illegal or unacceptable.

Oh really?
I lived in Georgia for several years.
Despite what the snowflakes say....many times guys and girls born and raised in Georgia would have a Confederate flag license plate or a flag sticker or one of those magnetized Confederate flags in their back window.
They practically had them issued to them.
Only recently has that shit been considered illegal or unacceptable.

agreed.

but the question is, why did Travis not want it brought up in his trial?

You don't chase after someone with guns if they are unarmed and have not presented a threat to peoples safety or hurt someone. I believe the jury did the proper thing. You can't just go after people like that. Makes zero sense and is a public safety menace.

agreed.

but the question is, why did Travis not want it brought up in his trial?
Clearly because of the bigotry he knew blacks and liberals have against Confederate Flags.
This is mostly media generated bigotry.
Most blacks that live in the South accepted it as a fact of life.
Now....some blacks think they have a right to attack anyone who has a Confederate Flag.

Yeah...right...I automatically assumed that Democrats or anyone would follow any God Damned law.
FYI....States have more power than the Feds do inside their own state.....so stop acting like a know-it-all and STFU.

It depends on the issue. For example. The recent seizure of a Vet’s life savings. The case was transferred to the DEA because they have greater latitude in seizing assets than local cops.

But you were the idiot who compared the Jan 6 Insurgents to a simple trespasser in Georgia. Unlike your Jan 6 heroes Arbery didn’t beat the police to storm the building.

Of course. Conservatives love to compare apples and oranges. If it is legal in one state it should be legal in all.

It depends on the issue. For example. The recent seizure of a Vet’s life savings. The case was transferred to the DEA because they have greater latitude in seizing assets than local cops.

But you were the idiot who compared the Jan 6 Insurgents to a simple trespasser in Georgia. Unlike your Jan 6 heroes Arbery didn’t beat the police to storm the building.

Of course. Conservatives love to compare apples and oranges. If it is legal in one state it should be legal in all.
There are some similarities.
People were arrested over Jan 6th simply because they were either a witness, were inside, or outside on the grounds of the Capital. They claimed this was trespassing when we have video of Capital Police allowing them inside.
They didn't just arrest people who were breaking things.
They were arresting witnesses to what happened.

Forum List

Back