McDonald’s CA franchisee on new minimum wage: "The sheer scale of the impact is just breathtaking"

Then I found this. I despise the internet!!! what is the real truth? Impossible to find using Google skewed search engine.

McDonald's has recently received heavy criticism over its Big Mac combo, which is priced at nearly $18, among other menu hikes, and has promised to focus on affordability, the New York Post reported.
I was gonna say, those prices in the other post were 2022 prices. I think a Big Mac combo here is around $13-$14.

Minimum wage in WA is $16.28, except in Seattle it's $20.00 +/- 0.30 depending on the suburb.

Going out to eat has gotten very expensive in WA.

I’ve only eaten at McD twice since they changed their fries oil and made them taste like shoelaces
No Longer User-Friendly, Only Accountant-Friendly Now

Don't ever believe their claim that vegetable oil makes the food healthier. No one goes to McDonald's to eat health food, anyway, so it's all a big lie covering up the fact that making French fries taste like rubber bands is cheaper than using tasty animal fat.

I was gonna say, those prices in the other post were 2022 prices. I think a Big Mac combo here is around $13-$14.

Minimum wage in WA is $16.28, except in Seattle it's $20.00 +/- 0.30 depending on the suburb.

Going out to eat has gotten very expensive in WA.
Wall Street Is Just Another Command Economy

Don't be a sucker. Force the Scrooges to take a profit-cut. Also, McDonald's is overcharging them for franchise fee and supplies.

"A restaurant operator makes anywhere from 5% to 15%, the bottom line at the end of the day, and if your labor cost is one-third of your cost, so 30%, and you raise the wage from $15 to $20 or $25 over the next couple years, you're almost doubling that cost. And so they're going to have to raise prices."
"Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics": Mark Twain

A bond salesman makes less than 1% on his commission, but he still becomes a multi-millionaire. What he makes on huge deals is like what McDevious makes on huge volumes.

You're Letting the Owners Determine What a "Reasonable" Profit Is

Typical of the Netrix, you're slanting everything to make the owner seem to be the victim, while pretending you're being realistic and only explaining a proven way the economy has to work. This glorification of the owner creates an overwhelming imbalance of power. I've even heard an owner claim that his employees would be homeless if it weren't for what he pays them.
The owner provides the working capital, pays all the overhead including facilities, utilities, inputs, supplies, insurance, fees, taxes and all other costs of doing business, takes all the risks. The employee contributes nothing to all that. You're darn right the guy providing the job determines what a 'reasonable profit' is.

I ordered 2 steak egg and cheese bagels today for breakfast as I haven't had those since being on the east coast over a decade ago. It was damn near $3
The Winning Class Will Be the One With the Most Solidarity

McDevious can't take out labor's resentment on the customers for very long. Even the worst union-hating white-collar snob is not going to pay more out of sympathy for the plight of the Scrooges in Suitcoats.

The owner provides the working capital, pays all the overhead including facilities, utilities, inputs, supplies, insurance, fees, taxes and all other costs of doing business/ The employee contributes nothing to all that. You're darn right the guy providing the job determines what a 'reasonable profit' is.
The Employees Create the Entire Value of the Investment

And the self-appointed "owner" pays for the expenses with the money the employees hand over to him. He may run the business, but the employees make the business run. What kind of energy will they put into that if they are insulted and humiliated by the boss's godlike sense of superiority to them?

Really, there shouldn't be any ownership class. The initial capital should come from bank loans, including a loan from someone who wants to start a business for the other classes. They call this superior position "equity," but it's not like a home loan. It'd be like the bank charging you more in the principle owed whenever your house gained in market value.

You're Letting the Owners Determine What a "Reasonable" Profit Is

Typical of the Netrix, you're slanting everything to make the owner seem to be the victim, while pretending you're being realistic and only explaining a proven way the economy has to work. This glorification of the owner creates an overwhelming imbalance of power. I've even heard an owner claim that his employees would be homeless if it weren't for what he pays them.
You labeled my response (post #67) to this post as fake news. Please tell what I said in that post that is incorrect in any way.

Really, there shouldn't be any ownership class. The initial capital should come from bank loans, including a loan from someone who wants to start a business for the other classes. They call this superior position "equity," but it's not like a home loan. It'd be like the bank charging you more in the principle owed whenever your house gained in market value.
So the bankers become the "owner class"?

The small business guy just works for the bank?

Why would I start a business for the "other classes"? Why don't they get their own bank loan?

I worked in a trade for 20 years and saved up enough to start my own company. None of the people I hired put anything into it but the hours I paid them for. The risk was all mine, if they didn't want to work for me no one was putting a gun to their head.

If they scrapped parts, not only did I pay them to scrap the parts, I paid them a second time to make them right. And I was out the material cost, and all the overhead cost of doing a job twice and getting paid once.

The employees were first to get paid, and I was the last to get paid. And I was taxed up the yahoo for every employee I hired...

You labeled my response (post #67) to this post as fake news. Please tell what I said in that post that is incorrect in any way.
The Gilded Need to Get Gelded

The Little Piggy who went to market lived in a straw house. That's why those who defend him have to use the Straw-Man Defense by presenting his employees as greedy and ungrateful parasites.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back