McDonald’s CA franchisee on new minimum wage: "The sheer scale of the impact is just breathtaking"

I almost never go to McDonalds anymore.

And I’m not the left coast.

But just for the sake of idle curiosity, how much does it cost to get a Big Mac, large fries and maybe a regular coke from a California Mickey D’s these days?

Layoffs have already been happening in anticipation of the new law, and no doubt many more jobs will be eliminated.

Biden and Newsom destroying jobs left and right. Stupid lazy folks who never held a real job and could see the economics of business.
Spend 3 Trilliion that's not your money and claim to know Economics. a stupid stupid man

Biden and Newsom destroying jobs left and right. Stupid lazy folks who never held a real job and could see the economics of business.
Spend 3 Trilliion that's not your money and claim to know Economics. a stupid stupid man

And it's just fine for those who have been told, and believe, that the government is going to take care of them.

For how long?

I wonder what goes through the mind of progressives who support this new law

Explain yourselves if you can

Seems to me they have a collective child mentality. Everyone should be equal or if not, its better to have nothing. In this case, no job.
They also come from the place of seeing business owners as being exploitive. Therefore there is no hardship a business owner should not endure. That of course is unless you are a member of the Corporation called the U.S. government. Then theres no perk and no break you should not have.

Insanity. No quicker way to destroy an industry.

Oinkonomics

What was McD's profit margin before? How much can they afford to give back to those who produce the revenue? Let's have some independent figures on that, instead of trying to drag the customers in as the determining factor.

How much do you produce for your company? What it pays you must be called "take-home pay," or else you're giving to Wall Street what you resent giving to the government.

Layoffs have already been happening in anticipation of the new law, and no doubt many more jobs will be eliminated.

Basic economics 100: labor is worth only as much as it produces in goods and services plus a reasonable profit for the employer. When labor costs more than it produces in goods and services plus a reasonable profit for the employer, it becomes an expendable commodity and the job will usually go away or the worker will be replaced with somebody who can and will produce sufficient goods, services plus reasonable profit.

Nobody is in business for any reason than to make sufficient profit to support himself/herself and his/her family. Those who are independently wealthy and don't have to work to support themselves and their family, if they continue to manage or own a business, it is a point of personal pride/satisfaction to do so well meaning there will be sufficient profit and prestige. Few people are in a position to donate their labor for a greater good. Few people can or will operate a business for no profit or a loss for long unless they hope they can turn things around for the better and have sufficient resources to weather a losing streak.

Insanity. No quicker way to destroy an industry.

When I studied for my CMA this was a beginning textbook question, If you want to destroy an industry you increase minimum wage to where a business can't cover it. They go out of business, all the previously working folks under the minimum wage lose their jobs, prices and the whole supply chain goes up . A godawful stupid and lazy President, folks

Economy is doing horribly, if you go by the Recession measure BEFORE Biden had it changed.

I wonder if it has occurred to any of them that they are going to have to start cooking their own food.

thats a great Idea. Im going to start a new hamburger chain where the people come in and flip their own burgers. automated deep fryer for the fries will have safty glass of course. Only two employees needed. The cashier and someone to replace the fresh ingrdients.

I won't notice who gets layed off. I won't notice if the food gets better. I won't notice if the service gets better. I won't notice a price increase.

But somebody else will.

When I studied for my CMA this was a beginning textbook question, If you want to destroy an industry you increase minimum wage to where a business can't cover it. They go out of business, all the previously working folks under the minimum wage lose their jobs, prices and the whole supply chain goes up . A godawful stupid and lazy President, folks

Economy is doing horribly, if you go by the Recession measure BEFORE Biden had it changed.

But you know they will still blame Trump somehow.

Forum List

Back