McConnell's Long Game

Dadoalex

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2021
So I'm watching the Senate on this commission thing and it seems not to make sense.

The truth on 1/6 is going to come out. By participating on the commission the GOP gets some control over how much, how, and when. With a Democratic led investigation in the House he'd have zero control over the direction and outcome. The democrats could literally take the investigation wherever they wanted.

It doesn't make sense. UNLESS:

Mitch is REALLY pissed of about 1/6. Not just the "touring of Congress" but the attempt to destroy the Constitutional processes that have preserved this democracy over 200 years.
Mitch is a scheming asshole but those constitutional processes have been the foundation of his power for a dozen years.
He considers those who voted to overturn the election and those who helped and supported the "tourist excursion" to be direct threats to the Constitution and to his power
1622335378812.png

So Mitch has decided to throw Trump and his supporters in Congress and at the state level under the symbolic Democratic bus.
It may cost him some seats in the short term but in Mitch' mind eliminating this cancer is worth the temporary setback.
It's win all around for Mitch. He gets rid of the Trumpinistas and gets to blame Democratic partisanship.

This is all speculation and I have no evidence beyond what is public knowledge.

So I'm watching the Senate on this commission thing and it seems not to make sense.

The truth on 1/6 is going to come out. By participating on the commission the GOP gets some control over how much, how, and when. With a Democratic led investigation in the House he'd have zero control over the direction and outcome. The democrats could literally take the investigation wherever they wanted.

Mitch is REALLY pissed of about 1/6. Not just the "touring of Congress" but the attempt to destroy the Constitutional processes that have preserved this democracy over 200 years.
Mitch is a scheming asshole but those constitutional processes have been the foundation of his power for a dozen years.
He considers those who voted to overturn the election and those who helped and supported the "tourist excursion" to be direct threats to the Constitution and to his power
View attachment 495229
So Mitch has decided to throw Trump and his supporters in Congress and at the state level under the symbolic Democratic bus.
It may cost him some seats in the short term but in Mitch' mind eliminating this cancer is worth the temporary setback.
It's win all around for Mitch. He gets rid of the Trumpinistas and gets to blame Democratic partisanship.

America has had enough witch hunts over the past 4 1/2 years as elected democrats and the unelected Deep State worked to overthrow trump

McConnell is having a rare lucid moment so leave him alone

The Republican Party knows this issue is not going to go away. Either it was going to be an independent probe or a party based investigation.

If the GOP consents to an independent investigation, it makes it more difficult to claim partisan bias.

By allowing a party based committee, the cries of partisan “witch-hunt” will be easier to sell to the public.

View attachment 495229

1622337838788.png

View attachment 495229

America has had enough witch hunts over the past 4 1/2 years as elected democrats and the unelected Deep State worked to overthrow trump

McConnell is having a rare lucid moment so leave him alone
Glad to know the people who lost the last presidential election by 7 million votes are speaking for America.

BUT
Seems actual factual polls of actual factual Americans disagree with you.
58% of voter want 1/6 investigated.

actual factual polls of actual factual Americans disagree with you.
58% of voter want 1/6 investigated
sorry but in America we are not ruled by pollsters
Really?
Well I can tell you for sure it's not ruled by Trump and when the House gets done with Trump and his buddies the only "pole" they'll be interested in is the one they're holding on to while playing "drop the soap."

Forum List

Back