McConaughey Has Double-Digit Lead Over Incumbent in Poll

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not good news for Abbott, regardless of whether or not McConaughey decides to run. Polling that low for an incumbent is well into the danger zone. The electrical infrastructure failure during that winter storm I think pretty much doomed his reelection chances. If the party was smart they would tell him to bow out, but it's unlikely they'll do the smart thing.

jackflash

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not good news for Abbott, regardless of whether or not McConaughey decides to run. Polling that low for an incumbent is well into the danger zone. The electrical infrastructure failure during that winter storm I think pretty much doomed his reelection chances. If the party was smart they would tell him to bow out, but it's unlikely they'll do the smart thing.

Governors seem to be in the crosshairs this year.

candycorn

Alis volat propriis
Reaction score

Its Texas. Nothing will ever change.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Not true. Texas will be blue in the next few years. Nothing can stop the demographics change.

candycorn

Alis volat propriis
Reaction score

Not true. Texas will be blue in the next few years. Nothing can stop the demographics change.

Don't be so sure about that. Eventually..pehaps. I doubt it will be before 2032

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Look at you wearing your racism on your sleeve. You got da brown vote locked in!

Hang on sloopy

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Still using every other generation weather events to support a narrative. God Damned I'm so glad I chose a different path than listening to the proletarian abyss....UGGGHHHH...Tohave someone control your life is not a life worth living. At least to me.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Look at you wearing your racism on your sleeve. You got da brown vote locked in!
Not concerned about brown, white, black, or any other color. The sane vote will make the difference.

daveman

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Don't forget the California liberals moving to Texas because California is fucked up then voting the same way they voted in California.

EvilEyeFleegle

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Voting a Dem Gov.--a Moderate everyone likes..would go a long way to accelerating that move.

blackhawk

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So what these Hollywood types always get support in polls when they just talk about possibly running for office few ever follow through especially when the reality of what that would entail hits them. Plus Joe Biden gave Abbott a huge gift with the border crisis he created no matter who runs against Abbott that is going to be a big anchor around their neck.

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Not concerned about brown, white, black, or any other color. The sane vote will make the difference.
Bullshit

You SPECIFICALLY mentioned demographics. The only demographic that is changing is the brown people flooding the state. You can't hide from your racist mentality. After all you think brown people are stupid/monolithic

XponentialChaos

Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realize that McConaughey was considering running.

With his name recognition, I think he actually has a legitimate chance of winning.

The same way Arnold Schwarzenegger and Donald Trump, among others, got into prominent political positions.

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

They start the personal attacks against him yet?

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Bullshit

You SPECIFICALLY mentioned demographics. The only demographic that is changing is the brown people flooding the state. You can't hide from your racist mentality. After all you think brown people are stupid/monolithic
Don't be silly. The OP link said only about 1/3 of Texans support Abbot. Do you think 66% of Texans are brown?

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Who, besides you, brought up race in this thread?

bodecea

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Don't forget the California liberals moving to Texas because California is fucked up then voting the same way they voted in California.
California isn't fucked up....it's just too crowded.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List