Mayor Lightfoot blames smash and grab on retailers

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011

In yet another chapter of No Personal Accountability, Chicago Mayor Lightfoot is blaming the rise in ‘smash and grabs’ on the retailers. That’s like blaming the woman for getting raped.

Lightfoot says the retailers ‘need to do a better job of protecting their merchandise.’ BULLSHIT! If the retailers hire security guards, install more cameras, inspect bags, etc., Lightfoot and the Liberals who support her will start yelling “racism!” How soon before the Community Activists say that such measures are designed to keep Blacks out of the stores?

She obviously continues to coast through life on her looks... we have that in common....

491q91.jpg

As much as I hate to agree wit ANYTHING Ms Lightfoot has to say. If she said, "Good Morning" to me in the hall, I would have to seriously re-evaluate the quality of my ante meridian.

That being said, there is a modicum of truth in what she says. Shoplifting is endemic to retail. It always has been. It is so prevalent, it is factored into the cost of merchandise, called "shop loss".

Even though, retailers have to make a show of reporting shoplifting to the police, they are notorious for not cooperating with an investigation. They often don't have decent CCTV and often don't supply that. Retailer staff are reluctant to give statements to police, without which a prosecution is impossible.

Retailers will do very little to prevent shoplifting, particularly if the methods are intrusive to shoppers. Retailers often put high value items near the front of the store to attract customers but it also attracts shoplifters. If a shop has security, they are poorly paid and poorly trained and will often no interfere with shoplifters for fear of reprisals.

Police can't be assigned to every store so every police response to shoplifting will be reactive, not proactive. Retailers really need to up their game when it comes to prevention and subsequent prosecutions before I become too sympathetic to their plight.

In yet another chapter of No Personal Accountability, Chicago Mayor Lightfoot is blaming the rise in ‘smash and grabs’ on the retailers. That’s like blaming the woman for getting raped.

Lightfoot says the retailers ‘need to do a better job of protecting their merchandise.’ BULLSHIT! If the retailers hire security guards, install more cameras, inspect bags, etc., Lightfoot and the Liberals who support her will start yelling “racism!” How soon before the Community Activists say that such measures are designed to keep Blacks out of the stores?
So it's the victim's fault...

If only they used the same logic in Wisconsin.

Pure Marxism.

1. Blame the meat producers for high prices.

2. Nationalize the meat producers.

3. Determine who gets meat and who doesn't.

1. Blame the oil and gas companies for high gasoline.

2. Nationalize the oil and gas companies.

3. Determine who gets gasoline and who doesn't.

1. Blame the retail stores for crime committed against them.

2. Nationalize the retail stores

3. Determine who gets retail goods and who doesn't.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

This is a Democrat specialty......create a problem and then blame it on the victims of the problems they created.

It's a wonder this Dike hasn't been wasted by one of her constituents.
How many more Democrats are turning themselves into the most hate person in their city or state?
Gov Newsome, Mayor Deblasio, Mayor Lightfoot,....Pres. Let's Go Brandon....have I left anyone out???

I know it sounds crazy but I'm seeing a trend here......am I alone?

As much as I hate to agree wit ANYTHING Ms Lightfoot has to say. If she said, "Good Morning" to me in the hall, I would have to seriously re-evaluate the quality of my ante meridian.

That being said, there is a modicum of truth in what she says. Shoplifting is endemic to retail. It always has been. It is so prevalent, it is factored into the cost of merchandise, called "shop loss".

Even though, retailers have to make a show of reporting shoplifting to the police, they are notorious for not cooperating with an investigation. They often don't have decent CCTV and often don't supply that. Retailer staff are reluctant to give statements to police, without which a prosecution is impossible.

Retailers will do very little to prevent shoplifting, particularly if the methods are intrusive to shoppers. Retailers often put high value items near the front of the store to attract customers but it also attracts shoplifters. If a shop has security, they are poorly paid and poorly trained and will often no interfere with shoplifters for fear of reprisals.

Police can't be assigned to every store so every police response to shoplifting will be reactive, not proactive. Retailers really need to up their game when it comes to prevention and subsequent prosecutions before I become too sympathetic to their plight.
Some of the most and best straight talk, you dropped on the board in a week or two. Cool.

That bitch needs to eat the business end of a shotgun.

Of course a black woman that's a democrat politician of a shitty crime infested city would blame retailers for getting robbed blind by blacks.

She's who Chicago wanted, isn't she? What's the problem. They're getting what they asked for when they voted her in.

So if a store has lax security, people have a right to steal their shit.
Like if you leave your car unlocked, thieves have the right to break in.

If you don't protect your stuff, thieves have no right to take it...

... but ... you lose your right to complain about it.

The US is just a jungle.

It is EVERYONE's fault - except the thieves themselves.
That is the narrative.

It is EVERYONE's fault - except the thieves themselves.
That is the narrative.
Yep….not only does Lightfoot refuse to hold the thieves accountable but refuses to accept any accountability for herself taking steps to stop it.

Flash mobs engaging in smash and grab is a form of terrorism and threat to civil peace. A couple of hits from the night stick, drinks from the firehouse and interaction with guard dogs and police dogs might be the only deterrents to stop such behavior.

I blame the retailers too, they likely all supported BLM and Democrats.

Sure, good points about increased security being called "racism."

But the main thing going on here is the pattern I noticed with the European sudden invasion of illegals in 2015: the reaction of politicians was to blame the citizens. (For prejudice, in this case. Especially after the raping of German women started.) The pattern is that whenever politicians CANNOT STOP SOMETHING, they'll first say it's really good ("mostly peaceful protesting," the thugs killed by police all described as wonderful guys, statues and murals allowed in public places) and then they'll blame the citizens. The epidemic is OUR fault because we don't wear masks, don't lock down enough, don't avoid every human, don't stay in the boxes drawn on the floor, don't take the vaccines that would instantly stop the pandemic cold ---- none of this works, of course, but it shifts the blame from the politician to us and they hope to save their jobs this way.

So this is what Lightfoot is doing. She cannot stop the Flash Mobs (bandit raids) so she says it's the fault of the stores, to deflect blame from herself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back