Mayor Eric Adams predicts migrant crisis 'will destroy New York City'

All NYC wants is fed money to deal with this. They don't want it stopped at the source. This is the Dim plan to take over the country. We have to start getting in the streets about this. We cannot stay silent any longer!!
There is a need for more federal money to deal with this, both in the cities and at the border.

Most immigrants have always naturally found their way to big cities in the past, but cities no longer have as many industrial unskilled jobs available and our modern economy produces more suburban jobs, and rural agriculture is where many workers are needed. Land and housing in big cities like NYC is also extraordinarily expensive and the social problems found everywhere in the country are naturally intensified where population density is greatest — our cities.

So Republicans shipping hundreds of thousands of immigrants with temporary refugee status papers to Northern cities certainly creates big problems. Many will find their way to suburbs and underpopulated upstate towns and will be integrated successfully, but that takes time.

As for the border question, I have always felt the Democrats were wrong to accept so many economic immigrants in through the Southern border, treating them as “refugees” until long-delayed hearings can be heard. Even though the country needs foreign workers, there are better ways to handle this problem. This doesn’t mean Trump was “right” in his demagogic treatment of this problem, but I agree the Dems reacted to his demagogy with their own demagogy, and were often unwilling to adopt tough but necessary policies there.

Of course there are many other larger questions concerning illegal immigrants living in this country productively, and there is a need for a road to citizenship for these families — especially those with American citizen children (“Dreamers”) and a need to establish temporary “work visa” programs for foreigners, stricter requirements for employers’ checking workers’ citizenship, etc. These require new laws to be passed in Congress and hence compromise on all sides — not vilification and demonology which has prevented compromise and even willingness to consider compromise.

Last edited:
The New Right is constantly pointing out the disaster that is Venezuela.

Where do asylum seekers come from?​

Admittances rose between 2018 and 2019 due to a surge of Venezuelan asylum seekers, highlighting the economic and political crisis in the country which continues today.
However, Chinese nationals were the largest group of asylum seekers over the past decade, comprising approximately 63,000 people, or more than one-fifth of total asylees entering the US between fiscal years 2012 and 2021.
More Chinese nationals received asylee status defensively than affirmatively, meaning most admittances occurred after people applied for asylum during deportation proceedings.
A bar graph depicting the 10 countries where the most affirmative asylees have come into the US from between 2012 and 2021.

So Venezuela might be a disaster, but then so are many 3rd world countries. I would rather see more Afghans... like interpreters and special forces and their families ..actual allies who are now facing persecution and extermination by the Taliban.... Id rather see THEM come here first. They are escaping an actual War like situation ..unlike Venezuela which just has a bad economy.

Just because som eof these countries are disasters.. does not mean we should do the same to struggling U.S. cities... who cant evenn figure out their own homeless population problems and how to raise the education level of our kids.

There is a reason immigration is supposed to be limited and our refugee program very selective.. not jst letting everyone come here. The fact that Democrats in charge dont even have a plan... proves this right. They are just drifting along watching all the damage done to our own society. They have an obligation to put our own citizens first and they have ****ing failed.

Wow what a racist bigot. Blacks in Chicago are saying the same thing.

I'd say it is more the fault of the agriculture sector. They are the ones hiring illegals from Latin America.

They don't have any choice, really. It's not like Americans are willing to leave their suburban homes, pile into their commuter cars, and drive 200 miles to pick asparagus for two weeks, then drive 300 miles to pick lettuce the next week. No matter how much you pay them.

It's called MIGRANT work for a reason.

The problem, as I said, is our quota system is fucked up. We aren't meeting the labor demand with a proper labor supply. We deliberately have created a system where farmers are forced to hire illegal labor.

The farmers should not be punished for that. We need to fix our quota system.

As for those coming here, it takes 15 years to become a US citizen legally.

15 years.

Try convincing someone fleeing a war they need to get to the back of the line and wait 15 years.
Bullshit. My nephew moved back from the Phillipines and his wife followed soon. She's a citizen and been here 6 years.

Well I see a fucking mod moved this huge political NEWS STORY, to this board that few use.
Guess they can't deal with this story leading the news cycle.
It seems to me that Immigration/Illegal Immigration is where it belongs. Is that not the subject?

Most folks look at "What's new" and "Active Topics" before going anywhere else. I found it.

Jewish Delis

I can't speak for anything else NYC has to offer, but Jewish culture has had to pick up and relocate more than a few times in our history.

It always bounces back bigger and better than before.

I can't speak for anything else NYC has to offer, but Jewish culture has had to pick up and relocate more than a few times in our history.

It always bounces back bigger and better than before.
It's nice to be able to go into a place and get hot pastrami on rye with mustard, though. :dunno:

If they opened up shop around here I'd be ecstatic! :auiqs.jpg:

As you know, the vast majority of illegal aliens flooding our border do not qualify for asylum.

What makes you believe that opening our country up to millions of unskilled, unvetted people is good for our country? How is that working out?
It's not good at all. Our policy should be like Australia or Iceland...you show your skills and prove that you have a job waiting....then maybe we will welcome you. Can't support yourself? See ya later.

As you know, the vast majority of illegal aliens flooding our border do not qualify for asylum.

What makes you believe that opening our country up to millions of unskilled, unvetted people is good for our country? How is that working out?
It's not good at all. Our policy should be like Australia or Iceland...you show your skills and prove that you have a job waiting....then maybe we will welcome you. Can't support yourself? See ya later

It seems to me that Immigration/Illegal Immigration is where it belongs. Is that not the subject?

Most folks look at "What's new" and "Active Topics" before going anywhere else. I found it.

This issue has gone well beyond just being an immigration story. It is not only a front page news story, but it's a front page political story. It warrants being treated as such.
By placing it here, it allows it to be hidden from view from where most posters spend their time, 'current events' and 'politics'.

Forum List

Back