Mayday Leftists Living In the Past

The days of young Americans spouting the words of Marx in The Communist Manifesto, and Lenin in the The State and Revolution, are as Lenin put it >> "withering away". But this time it's not the state that is withering away. It is left-wing ideology, and particularly the internationalist , multicuturalist, immigrationist philosophy so favored by the Democratic Party. In a new study, it's revealed that millenials are leaning to the right, and toward the Republicans, especially with regard to the issues of the economy, race relations, and crime
So why did more young voters cast their ballots for Sanders than for Trump and Clinton combined?

More young people voted for Bernie Sanders than Trump and Clinton combined — by a lot

"More young people voted for Bernie Sanders than Trump and Clinton combined — by a lot."
imrs.php

Yet he lost...to Hillary...go figure.
If Hillary lost to Trump in rust belt states that normally vote Democratic because of Republican voter suppression efforts, it is widely believed (on the left) she used very similar strategies to defeat Sanders in the primaries. US elections have been rife with fraud virtually from the beginning, imho. Maybe the 1912 presidential election reveals what we might see in 2020?
art_bloomfield_1912progressive.jpg

United States presidential election, 1912 - Wikipedia

If so, Trump could win reelection with 30%+ of the popular vote.

Personally, I feel Sanders didn't have a chance. The fix was in and Sanders was a participant to give the impression there was no fix.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm "praising" it, but it has had some positive benefits, including improving the standard of living for millions around the globe. That's not a bad thing. I get it that we've got the short end of the stick right now, until everyone is on a level playing field which takes a LONG time, but it's not an evil concept. Nationalism is what led to WWI and WWII. I believe in being proud of our country, but when it leads to feeling the rest of the world is our adversary or competitor, that rarely ends well.
And when some countries in the world ARE our adversaries, extracting Billions$$ out of our economy, and reinserting those Billions$$ into their economies, you hesitate to even call them a "competitor" ? Strange how you have no animosity toward international burglary, even when your own country is the victim.

I guess you wouldn't mind if went to your house, and took a few thousand dollars worth of stuff, and reinserted them into our households ?
Where did I ever say any of that? Don't be putting words in my mouth, protectionist. Stick to your own.

“Mayday Leftists Living In the Past”

lol

Yeah, all three of them.

This thread fails as a preach to the choir fallacy.

No one advocates for ‘communism,’ Marxism,’ or any other such ‘ism.’

As already correctly noted, the OP is living in the past as he believes ‘communism’ poses some sort of 'threat.’

Too funny.

What you need to understand about Marx is that he largely agrees with you as to the detrimental affects of globalism.

Before the neoliberals took over America, so did the left.
FALSE! Marx was a globalist/internationalist (Workers of the WORLD, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains)

If Hillary lost to Trump in rust belt states that normally vote Democratic because of Republican voter suppression efforts, it is widely believed (on the left) she used very similar strategies to defeat Sanders in the primaries. US elections have been rife with fraud virtually from the beginning, imho. Maybe the 1912 presidential election reveals what we might see in 2020?

United States presidential election, 1912 - Wikipedia

If so, Trump could win reelection with 30%+ of the popular vote.
Once Schumer's illegal alien voters have all been deported.

upload_2018-5-1_12-39-16.jpeg

What you need to understand about Marx is that he largely agrees with you as to the detrimental affects of globalism.

Before the neoliberals took over America, so did the left.
FALSE! Marx was a globalist/internationalist (Workers of the WORLD, unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains)
He defended the workers moron.

He knew globalism would break down nation's borders and force workers from different nations to compete for depressed wages.

Fact

I agree with you that the threat of nukes and the spread of democracy has had something to do with it, but so has trading with other countries, big time. Don't you know by now that when you have a country by the wallet, you've got it by the balls? Why do you think Europe doesn't want to get into it with Russia? Not because of nukes--because they need them as trading partners. That's only one small example. I think what happened after the devastation of WWII was that the leaders of the world DID very intentionally create a world where economics would be the carrot and the stick, rather than armies and bombs. It has worked, although it is frustrating.
Yes... Thats why America was blaming trade barriers for WW1 LOL
US and China right now.
Different peoples have been trading for millenia......[/QUOTE]
Trade is one thing. Imperialism is another. 2017 - US is #1 victim of imperialism (remittances$$) in the world.

Remittance Flows Worldwide in 2016

He knew globalism would break down nation's borders and force workers from different nations to compete for depressed wages.

Fact
You're the moron. I'm not talking about workers. Of course he defended them. But the discussion is about nationalism vs internationalism, which is, and always has been synonomous with communism. Get it ? (dummy)

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm "praising" it, but it has had some positive benefits, including improving the standard of living for millions around the globe. That's not a bad thing. I get it that we've got the short end of the stick right now, until everyone is on a level playing field which takes a LONG time, but it's not an evil concept. Nationalism is what led to WWI and WWII. I believe in being proud of our country, but when it leads to feeling the rest of the world is our adversary or competitor, that rarely ends well.
good post

lol

Yeah, all three of them.

This thread fails as a preach to the choir fallacy.

No one advocates for ‘communism,’ Marxism,’ or any other such ‘ism.’

As already correctly noted, the OP is living in the past as he believes ‘communism’ poses some sort of 'threat.’

Too funny.
No one hides their stripes quite like the goose-steppers.

I have a song for you commies:

SING IT, BOY GEORGE!!!
pg-38-boy-george-2-rex.jpg

Sickles and Hammers in your eyes all the way
If I listen to your lies, would you say
That I'm a man without right to own property
I'm a man who doesn't control
The very means, of production
But, you come and go, you come and go

Commie, commie, commie, commie, commie chameleon
You never go, you wrap the maypole

Life would be easy if your colors were always seen
First red, now green. First red, now green

Where did I ever say any of that? Don't be putting words in my mouth, protectionist. Stick to your own.
You said that nationalism "leads to feeling the rest of the world is our adversary or competitor" (your words, not mine), and you said "that rarely ends well"

And I said that some countries in the world ARE our adversaries, extracting Billions$$ out of our economy, and reinserting those Billions$$ into their economies.

And I say that it DOES end well to see our adversaries for what THEY ARE (ie, imperialists pillaging our economy), and put a stop to it, as Trump is doing now.

So what's your problem ?

Fact
You're the moron. I'm not talking about workers. Of course he defended them. But the discussion is about nationalism vs internationalism, which is, and always has been synonomous with communism. Get it ? (dummy)
Yes, and Marx understood the diluting effects global capitalism would have on nations long before you free trade, open border conservatives woke to it.

The reason Marx wanted workers to unite was to stop the global capitalist pigs in their tracks.

Last edited:

lol Yeah, all three of them. This thread fails as a preach to the choir fallacy.

No one advocates for ‘communism,’ Marxism,’ or any other such ‘ism.’ As already correctly noted, the OP is living in the past as he believes ‘communism’ poses some sort of 'threat.’

Too funny.
Sure it's a threat. The whole Democratic Party is an internationalist, communist, globalist MESS, and with Obama in charge, it allowed leftist, globalist trash economics to harm our economy and nation, and if Hillary Clinton got elected, we would have more of the same (trade imbalances, mass outsourcing, sanctuary cities, etc)

Yes, and Marx understood the diluting effects global capitalism would have on nations long before you free trade, open border conservatives woke to it.
This is essentially a discussion about nationalism vs internationalism (ie. in 2018, Trump Republicanism vs Obama Democratism). Deeply perusing Marxism, is for another thread, a worthy (and even interesting) topic, but just not here, now.

This is essentially a discussion about nationalism vs internationalism (ie. in 2018, Trump Republicanism vs Obama Democratism). Deeply perusing Marxism, is for another thread, a worthy (and even interesting) topic, but just not here, now.
Then stop conflating Obama Democrats with Marxist Communism and realize how similar your beliefs are to Marx's beliefs.

Well, globalism has given us one of the most peaceful periods in history. It may not seem that way with 24 hour news channels and the internet advertising every bomb that goes off anywhere, but it actually is an era that will be looked back on as a period of peace.
And that ain't hay, protectionist.
My problem w globalism is we cant all get along in here and now we are expecting countries to do what's best globally, not for their own citizens.

Good on paper but I don't see it lasting or working for a long long time

Forum List

Back