What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maybe television can explain our very strange FBI world.

Ray9

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Today’s FBI is not your father’s FBI. The television series, “The Untouchables” portrayed Elliot Ness and his incorruptible crew as saintly public servants fighting crime and putting their lives on the line to do it. Robert Stack was powerful in the role of the laconic Ness. Since I was a preteen when the show first aired, I have no recollection of the controversy generated about Italian Americans. What I recall is that the FBI was promoted as a defender of human rights and the American way of life. The show began in 1959.

Oddly, in 1961 the Starkist Tuna Company began airing Charlie the Tuna Ads where Charlie did not meet the qualifications of the product. I got a bad can of tuna the other day at a supermarket due to supply issues caused by the Biden administration’s policies. The politically inspired raid on the home of a former US president suggests that Frank Nitti now heads the FBI and that bad can of tuna tells me that Starkist finally accepted Charlie in this new world order of a demented, mechanical national leader.

These are strange times we live in, very strange.

frank nitti on the untouchables youtube - Bing video

OP
Ray9

Ray9

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I do not watch a lot of television. The last time I was excited about TV was when Superman came on Friday nights after my parents bought their house in 1955. I was eight years old. Come to think of it television stayed at the level. I moved on.

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Today's FBI could be called the Corruptibles

Death-Ninja

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You will swiftly forget about the FBI once Biden is done minting his 180,000 man IRS army of killers, you need to arm yourselves now, and cultivate the mindset necessary to kill those fascists right back! Biden's army of IRS killers is going to be larger than the United States Marine Corps, or the Air Force, fuck the FBI, they are going to be dwarfed by Bidens shiny new army of killer IRS agents.... :banana:

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not watch a lot of television. The last time I was excited about TV was when Superman came on Friday nights after my parents bought their house in 1955. I was eight years old. Come to think of it television stayed at the level. I moved on.
The 60s were the golden years of TV. After that...it started going downhill.

FA_Q2

Gold Member
Reaction score
All authoritarian regimes are enforced through the police, national or local it matters not.

The marriage on the right between 'small government' and back the blue never made a lick of sense and gives the lie to the right that they really do stand for small government.

candycorn

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Weird ass premise and a bizarre OP. Not sure what to make of it since it was so pointless.

For those who are interested however, one should look into Ness's actions (he was a real life authority figure) in Cleveland.

Before we celebrate Ness as some sort of beacon of truth, justice, and the American way....learn the facts.

Winco

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 60s were the golden years of TV. After that...it started going downhill.
Such a BuzzKill.

So you resort to the internet for 8+ hours a day.

frigidweirdo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today’s FBI is not your father’s FBI. The television series, “The Untouchables” portrayed Elliot Ness and his incorruptible crew as saintly public servants fighting crime and putting their lives on the line to do it. Robert Stack was powerful in the role of the laconic Ness. Since I was a preteen when the show first aired, I have no recollection of the controversy generated about Italian Americans. What I recall is that the FBI was promoted as a defender of human rights and the American way of life. The show began in 1959.

Oddly, in 1961 the Starkist Tuna Company began airing Charlie the Tuna Ads where Charlie did not meet the qualifications of the product. I got a bad can of tuna the other day at a supermarket due to supply issues caused by the Biden administration’s policies. The politically inspired raid on the home of a former US president suggests that Frank Nitti now heads the FBI and that bad can of tuna tells me that Starkist finally accepted Charlie in this new world order of a demented, mechanical national leader.

These are strange times we live in, very strange.

frank nitti on the untouchables youtube - Bing video

I'm sure if the FBI was portrayed as non-corruptible on TV in the 1950s, then it must have been so.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List