Match & Teach Me: Blockchain, Psychometrics To Help Teach Refugees

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Great Idea. Perhaps something like this could be used by all countries taking in refugees.

Author

Joël Valenzuela
Match & Teach Me: Blockchain, Psychometrics To Help Teach Refugees

725_aHR0cDovL2NvaW50ZWxlZ3JhcGguY29tL3N0b3JhZ2UvdXBsb2Fkcy92aWV3L2Y1Yzc0MWE3N2ZjMDFkYTdhOTU4MjU5MWUyMzZlNGE3LmpwZw==.jpg

In 2015, more than a million refugees from the Middle East sought asylum inEurope, in particular those from Syria, with many landing in Greece. Resettlement of these new immigrants can prove challenging because of a difference in language, culture, and education. A new blockchain-based startup, Match & Teach Me (which recently won 1st prize in a competition for innovation at the National Technical University of Athens), aims to solve the education problem by psychometrically matching the learning and teaching styles of refugees and teachers for a more effective education process.

CoinTelegraph spoke with Theodore Dimakarakos, the founder and CEO of Match & Teach Me, about the project’s vision to help and teach refugees.

Blockchain-based system
CoinTelegraph: What gave you the idea for this project?

Theodore Dimakarakos: For the last 3 years, me and my partners (3 of them are the most known university professors working in the field of psychometrics) are working on Match & Teach Me project, which will be launched this June. During the last few months Marinos brought the idea on the table of how could we use blockchain for education. On top of that, if you live in Greece nowadays, the daily number one news title is the refugee crisis. If you sum all these... here you are!

Continue reading at:

Match & Teach Me: Blockchain, Psychometrics To Help Teach Refugees?

Forum List

Back