Massive Explosion at Hotel in Cuba.

Let the summer of rage begin , but go listen to msm i’m sure CNN will tell you all the real story bahahahahha. Or abc, cbs, msn, msnbc……… if you only knew the lies Fed to you .

I love the beans...but in my old age...I just can't anymore...it's horrendous.

Cuba has been on the bad boy list for over 60 years now
It amazes me those commies still hang on.
Awaiting our media's response as well.
They ruined the very fine cigar industry there. Plus side are the Dominicans learned to really grow some fine smoke and construct good ceeegars

And the op speculates it as an act of War.

Lmao
It seemed to me a good idea to speculate. And it's turned out to be getting some reactions that indicate some are entertaining the possibility.

Some explosion that has taken out three floors!

I'm wondering already if any non act of war or terrorist attack has equaled the destruction?

Still too early to identify the source of the explosion but certainly an incident for speculation on it being an act of war.
An "act of war"?
What country do you suppose wants to go to war with Cuba?

An "act of war"?
What country do you suppose wants to go to war with Cuba?
Thanks for asking.

I don't know if it's Havana's highest end hotel of not, but that's also relevant if we assume that both China and Russia were there for talks with Cuba on military matters?

Could we speculate on America opening another front against Russia and/or China?

There's not much doubt that the explosive has caused major damage.

A bomb being planted by a Cuban? An act of terrorism by an enemy of Cuba?

Drama Queen
Interesting reply in that it's consistent with the military mindset. Being the drama queen is worth it, for the kind of responses we'll be getting.

This could be the kind of incident in which we'll never know. We may need to decide on which side is telling the truth. How's that for drama?

Thanks for asking.

I don't know if it's Havana's highest end hotel of not, but that's also relevant if we assume that both China and Russia were there for talks with Cuba on military matters?

Could we speculate on America opening another front against Russia and/or China?

There's not much doubt that the explosive has caused major damage.

A bomb being planted by a Cuban? An act of terrorism by an enemy of Cuba?
My point is that if we compiled a list of possible causes for this explosion ranked by probability, "act of war" would rightly be way down on the list.

My point is that if we compiled a list of possible causes for this explosion ranked by probability, "act of war" would rightly be way down on the list.
Thanks for the turn to speculating on the incident!

I'm wondering what explanations could be the most probable.

The reported amount of damage so far leaves me with only a terrorist bomb.

I can't go any further than that for now. We don't even know if there were Russian or Chinese diplomats in the hotel. Or Raul Castro?

So I'll leave this one to the speculators for a while.

Thanks for turning to speculation.
Could a gas explosion in the kitchen destroy three floors?
The report stated that the hotel was mostly unoccupied. With few around to notice a gas leak before it spreads, yeah, it could bring a building down. How old is this structure? A very old, ill-maintained structure could be part of the picture as well.

The report stated that the hotel was mostly unoccupied. With few around to notice a gas leak before it spreads, yeah, it could bring a building down. How old is this structure? A very old, ill-maintained structure could be part of the picture as well.
Thanks for your speculation.
I think the building is quite old and that brings up the question for me of it probably not being of woodframe construction, and hence could be mor structurally sound.
The story of it bein unoccupied will be interesting to follow as a posibility.

Quote from Al Jazeera link:

The five-star, 96-room hotel in Old Havana has two bars, two restaurants and a rooftop pool, according to its website.

The hotel was remodelled by a British company after the fall of the Soviet Union and was considered the place to go for visiting government officials and celebrities for many years.

Forum List

Back