Mass Shootings: We Have To Work Harder

Could a good guy with a gun walk right into an elementary children's school? It's been claimed that he could several times on this board.

They're all good guys with guns until the start shooting.

The culture of the military promotes the culture of the gun and murder with guns. They don't wear their camo costumes to go out picking flowers.
Not here in TN.
I do not wear camo, except going to the back country on extended trips or if I know facing bad weather, but the timing is the timing. My rip stop shirts and pants (left over from military, but still fitting) are great for protection, carrying things in the many large pockets, smokes, compass, cellphone maps, ear bud, multiple means of making fire, extra knife or knives, parachute cord (don't go to the back country without it) pin, notebook, etc. They are rugged, comfy, tops and pants dry fast after rains or stream crossings, and blouse into my boots, held down in boots by cord under my feet. You ought to get a set and get out more. My jump boots are holding up well also.

Not here in TN.
I do not wear camo, except going to the back country on extended trips or if I know facing bad weather, but the timing is the timing. My rip stop shirts and pants (left over from military, but still fitting) are great for protection, carrying things in the many large pockets, smokes, compass, cellphone maps, ear bud, multiple means of making fire, extra knife or knives, parachute cord (don't go to the back country without it) pin, notebook, etc. They are rugged, comfy, tops and pants dry fast after rains or stream crossings, and blouse into my boots, held down in boots by cord under my feet. You ought to get a set and get out more. My jump boots are holding up well also.
You could be a good guy who won't become a bad guy with a gun.
But the next bad guy that uses an AR type copy of a military weapon will almost certainly be dressed like you.

You're familiar with the point I keep making, which is the same point Michael Moore keeps making. There's a culture of war and killing that drives the borderline crazies to start shooting peaceful people without guns.

And then the police arrive too late and with too little courage to take on the pseudo-military threat who is as efficient as the police with his guns, or even more efficient.

I'll never succeed in getting my point across on the culture of war and killing, because it would be self-condemnation.

Can the hurt ever overcome that? Does it really have to come to a huge mass shooting with Americans against Americans.

Some of the extremists predict it and call for it to happen. A political disappointment might make it happen!

You could be a good guy who won't become a bad guy with a gun.
But the next bad guy that uses an AR type copy of a military weapon will almost certainly be dressed like you.

You're familiar with the point I keep making, which is the same point Michael Moore keeps making. There's a culture of war and killing that drives the borderline crazies to start shooting peaceful people without guns.

And then the police arrive too late and with too little courage to take on the pseudo-military threat who is as efficient as the police with his guns, or even more efficient.

I'll never succeed in getting my point across on the culture of war and killing, because it would be self-condemnation.

Can the hurt ever overcome that? Does it really have to come to a huge mass shooting with Americans against Americans.

Some of the extremists predict it and call for it to happen. A political disappointment might make it happen!
Most of the time, dressed like me means cargo shorts, sandals, a Tee, and a cap. If carrying, I have a short or longs sleave chambray shirt to cover the shoulder holster.
Michael Moore is a loud mouth idiot. He mostly talks to try to remain relevant, mostly failing that, also.
Police always arrive late every time, that is why carry permit holders, got trained, qualified and licensed, so we could be protected whether everybody else just wants to take their chances or not. If some, on occasion one helps in a bad situation, so much the better. There was a permit holder, that took out a mass shooter, yesterday and also, another that died, shot by some people leaving the scene of a bad accident, but not before the injured permit holder got off one shot, putting his killer in the hospital and arrested by the police.
All extremists are assholes, at heart.

Most of the time, dressed like me means cargo shorts, sandals, a Tee, and a cap. If carrying, I have a short or longs sleave chambray shirt to cover the shoulder holster.
Michael Moore is a loud mouth idiot. He mostly talks to try to remain relevant, mostly failing that, also.
Police always arrive late every time, that is why carry permit holders, got trained, qualified and licensed, so we could be protected whether everybody else just wants to take their chances or not. If some, on occasion one helps in a bad situation, so much the better. There was a permit holder, that took out a mass shooter, yesterday and also, another that died, shot by some people leaving the scene of a bad accident, but not before the injured permit holder got off one shot, putting his killer in the hospital and arrested by the police.
All extremists are assholes, at heart.
I don't have a problem with sane, qualified concealed carriers. My problem is the idiots with AKs and multiple shot long rifles. The nuts that get these are the ones committing the mass shootings.

I don't have a problem with sane, qualified concealed carriers. My problem is the idiots with AKs and multiple shot long rifles. The nuts that get these are the ones committing the mass shootings.
I haven't committed any mass murders and won't be committing any mass murders. I have had an AR for a couple of years now, (it hasn't committed any either) and I've trained people on that and much more exotic weapons and weapon systems almost half my adult life. To my knowledge, none of them have been in any mass assaults, either, at least no in this country.

I haven't committed any mass murders and won't be committing any mass murders. I have had an AR for a couple of years now, (it hasn't committed any either) and I've trained people on that and much more exotic weapons and weapon systems almost half my adult life. To my knowledge, none of them have been in any mass assaults, either, at least no in this country.
Good for you. Send a card to the parents of the 19 kids slaughtered in Uvalde. The shootings will continue until guns are taken out of the hand of nuts.

I own a dozen guns. 90% of Americans want universal background checks. The repub party is put of step with voters. What happened in Uvalde could have been prevented. Those good guys with guns failed.

Good for you. Send a card to the parents of the 19 kids slaughtered in Uvalde. The shootings will continue until guns are taken out of the hand of nuts.

I own a dozen guns. 90% of Americans want universal background checks. The repub party is put of step with voters. What happened in Uvalde could have been prevented. Those good guys with guns failed.
Card would be in poor taste. Surprised you suggested.
I have no problem with universal background checks and that includes personal sales and no problem with permits to carry handguns on the street, either, as long as state doesn't use it as a money making venture to deny citizens the right to keep and bear arms. I do feel, that if you have a carry permit, you have had all the national level background checks you need while that permit is in effect, so purchasing another weapon should only require a local agency check, saving time and money.

What training did he have?
You are figuring it was a lucky shot? Then you have not picked up and fired a hand gun. He trained.
I, would do it like TN, requiring classroom training (including legal as to laws of the state), testing and range qualification, National and Local background check. Mine did not cost that much, and a proper permit system makes safer carriers on the street. Otherwise, pretty much like Chicago where the thugs will expend lots of ammo hoping to hit something, they intend to hit, but often hitting kids, or non-combatants watching TV in their house.

TN also has constitutional carry that I do not approve of. It is the Chicago way. I saw the aftermath of a shootout between 2 or 3 shooters a few blocks from my house in the middle of the afternoon. No permit carriers involved. There were between 30 and 40 bullet placards marking where spent casings hit the ground between short driveway and front of the house, maybe 30 feet away. One guy got shot once in the leg. That was it. It is safe to assume, nobody was trained. Also safe to assume every single one of the bullets from those spent casings went somewhere.

You are figuring it was a lucky shot? Then you have not picked up and fired a hand gun. He trained.
I, would do it like TN, requiring classroom training (including legal as to laws of the state), testing and range qualification, National and Local background check. Mine did not cost that much, and a proper permit system makes safer carriers on the street. Otherwise, pretty much like Chicago where the thugs will expend lots of ammo hoping to hit something, they intend to hit, but often hitting kids, or non-combatants watching TV in their house.

TN also has constitutional carry that I do not approve of. It is the Chicago way. I saw the aftermath of a shootout between 2 or 3 shooters a few blocks from my house in the middle of the afternoon. No permit carriers involved. There were between 30 and 40 bullet placards marking where spent casings hit the ground between short driveway and front of the house, maybe 30 feet away. One guy got shot once in the leg. That was it. It is safe to assume, nobody was trained. Also safe to assume every single one of the bullets from those spent casings went somewhere.

I'd like to do the same with voting.

Including tests of knowledge of the Constitution and the structure of government.

I mean, if we have to qualify for rights - we should include the most important right that affects the most lives.

I'd like to do the same with voting.

Including tests of knowledge of the Constitution and the structure of government.

I mean, if we have to qualify for rights - we should include the most important right that affects the most lives.
They had those Poll Tests in the south. They got ruled unconstitutional.

Mass Shootings: We Have To Work Harder​

Give yourself more credit. What other developed nation has anywhere near the rate of mass shootings of the US?
You're doing very well at mass shootings, don't be so hard on yourself.

The shootings will continue until guns are taken out of the hand of nuts.
The thing is, to do that you'll have to infringe the right to keep and bear arms quite severely. Firearm ownership will have to be a privilege rather than a right. Americans are too selfish to make such a sacrifice for the common good, or for school children, for that matter.

But then you'd have to work much harder at mass shootings.

Constitutional carry is not the chicago way….felons can’t carry guns in Chicago or any state…….all Constitutional carry means is you don’t have to jump through hoops as a law abiding citizen to carry a gun for self defense

The thing is, to do that you'll have to infringe the right to keep and bear arms quite severely. Firearm ownership will have to be a privilege rather than a right. Americans are too selfish to make such a sacrifice for the common good, or for school children, for that matter.

Americans use their guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives, according to the Centers for Disease Control

If you add up all gun murder in the entire history of the United States it doesn’t come close to the 15 million men, women and children murdered by your anti-gun Europeans in just 6 years……1939-1945

They are not war dead, they were rounded up and murdered after turning in their guns on the same promises you make today.

A right wing poster on here posted that the cops lives were more important than those of the kids. That is ignorant and just beyond pale.

No, your god, government, failed….had your god, government, arrested the shooter for various crimes he committed he would have popped on his background check…….but they didn’t arrest him even with all the chances they had…

Yet you think your tests to have rights is different.

Funny that...
Congress and the supreme court have stood by these laws close to 100 years. Doubt you will be able to sell your notion to either one, but you are free to try either way. Get Congress to change the law or be successful in your lawsuit against the United State government defending your asserted right to be free from weapons regulation.:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back