Mass Shooting in Nova Scotia

Canada isn't "gun free," moron.
He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

1*5Fr1LgIxEpYNApdOCu98cA.jpeg

Or in the case of Canada, because they have them right next door, eh?
He-he! We have QUITE limited gun laws here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had ONE, yes, just ONE shooting death in almost TEN YEARS since I moved back here. And THAT one lone shooting death was reported as the result of a domestic dispute. Try again, Pogo, you're failing MISERABLY on these threads as of late.

That flew over your head huh.

OK so take Valpariso. Please. Imagine over the next, say, year or two gun crimes start soaring. The city decides to shore up its gun laws. Crime continues, because gun laws don't address those root causes. Then some USMB wanker walks up and goes "oh look, Valpariso has these strict gun laws and yet they have all this gun crime".

=OR= Look at it the opposite way. You have "QUITE limited gun laws" (whatever that means, I'll take your word for it), BECAUSE you haven't had that experience that would spur them.

Sometimes I forget how far I have to dumb down around here to be understood.

"Cause" / "Effect". Know the difference. You can't just notice that in the winter my pipes don't burst and conclude that therefore it doesn't get cold enough to burst them. The ACTUAL reason they don't burst is that years ago they DID burst because it absolutely gets cold enough, and when they did I replaced them all with Pex Pipe. See where ass-sumptions take your ass?

Is this all too deep for ya? Should I look for even smaller words?

Moron.....cause and effect....?

More Americans own and carry guns........yet our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%.....our violent crime rate went down 72%......

Our problem isn't access to guns.....since the above truth shows that more guns do not mean more gun crime.......

Our problem here is that democrat party politicians allow violent criminals to get out of jail with weak laws and sentencing guidelines, implemented by democrat party judges and prosecutors.......that is the direct link between our gun crime rate and democrat party policies.....

In city after city where you find gun crime rates through the roof, you find a revolving door policy of catching violent felons with guns, the prosecutors plea bargain away the gun charges and the judges give them bail and then light sentences....that is the problem...not access to gun by law abiding people....

You doofu.

While you're looking up "cause and effect" be sure to look up "claim and burden of proof". Then go on to the grammar section where we find out how to capitalize proper names, let alone SPELL them.

Moron...you are the one claiming that guns cause mass public shootings not me....you moron....

Wait this couldn't have happened in Canada because they have All the Best Gun Laws and every time there's a shooting in America they bring all the Snooty Canucks here to lecture us.

So I know I'm not reading this right now.

Correct?

(Condolences to the families of the lost. As we know humans are humans wherever you are and some of them are rotten)

Nope, not correct. Because it's got nothing to do with "laws" and never did. Has everything to do with Culture.

We live in an established culture of violence and death, based around the penis-shaped bullet. We're indoctrinated into it from childhood from TV commercials for toy guns to comic books "celebrating" gunslingers of the "old west". Canada doesn't have that legacy. MOST cultures don't have that shit. Then plug in a major Masculinity Crisis (guess what gender virtually all mass shooters comprise) and you have a recipe for mayhem. You can pass or not pass all the laws you want, it doesn't change that culture. As long as that culture demands worship of Almighty Gun with its attendant blood and carnage, those immersed in it will commit that carnage, laws or no laws.

Lemme see if I can dredge up an old thread of mine on this, the topic upon which I joined this site, right between the Jacksonville and Sandy Hook shootings.

EDIT - here ya go, no thanks to the site search box -- had to Google to find it. This is from a few years ago, begin paste:

I give you two cities, split by a river, kinda like Minneapolis and St. Paul are but this is a different pair of cities.

Obviously being next to each other, these cities have much in common regionally, climatically, industrially and so on. They are less than a mile apart, connected by a bridge and a tunnel. But the two cities show a stark difference in one area.

The city to the west recorded 377 total homicides in 2011 and 327 in 2010, according to police statistics(1), carrying a homicide rate of around 50 per 100,000 people
Across the bridge in the same time period, there was a total of one. For both years put together. A rate of 0.30. From September 27, 2009 to November 22, 2011 in that city, there were no murders at all. Zero.

What's going on here?

One of them is in Canada. The cities are Detroit and Windsor.

I haven't determined how many of those homicides were committed by firearm, but for a guide, out of 386 Detroit homicides in 2012, 333 were by firearm. Over 86%. (1)

And the one murder that finally broke the 2011 streak in Windsor? It was a stabbing.

People in his city of about 215,000 have a saying, Blaine said Friday afternoon: "In Windsor, when a 7-Eleven is held up, it usually is a knife. In Detroit, it is an Uzi."

It's not that there's no crime in Windsor, an industrial city that has seen its own economic challenges. "We're no different than any other major metropolitan area," Corey said. (here)

704 to 1 in homicide; several hundred to zero in gun deaths.
Detroit: at or near the highest murder rate in its country; Windsor: lowest in its country.
Less than a mile apart.

What's driving the difference? Gun control? Or gun culture?

Resources/further reading:​

The fault lies not in our guns but in ourselves. To our values we are underlings.

{end paste}

Well moron, you then can't explain this.....more Americans own and carry guns, our gun crime rate went down 49%, gun crime went down 75%......

And there you go....a sexual fixation on guns and this time a bullet.....you left wing, anti-gun extremists have some very weird sexual fixations.....start talking about guns and you asshats talk about the penis.......you need help...

Gun crime is going up in Canada...as their drug gangs become more violent to protect drug turf.

We had 10 mass public shootings in 2019...... 10 individuals in a country of over 320 million people...you doofus....meanwhile, with 600 million guns in private hands and over 18 million people carrying guns for self defense, our gun crime rate went down 75%.....you can't explain that......

Our gun murder rate went down 49%.....you can't explain that.....

You don't know what you are talking about.

Wait this couldn't have happened in Canada because they have All the Best Gun Laws and every time there's a shooting in America they bring all the Snooty Canucks here to lecture us.

Correct?

(Condolences to the families of the lost. As we know humans are humans wherever you are and some of them are rotten)

Nope, not correct. Because it's got nothing to do with "laws" and never did. Has everything to do with Culture.

We live in an established culture of violence and death, based around the penis-shaped bullet. We're indoctrinated into it from childhood from TV commercials for toy guns to comic books "celebrating" gunslingers of the "old west". Canada doesn't have that legacy. MOST cultures don't have that shit. Then plug in a major Masculinity Crisis (guess what gender virtually all mass shooters comprise) and you have a recipe for mayhem. You can pass or not pass all the laws you want, it doesn't change that culture. As long as that culture demands worship of Almighty Gun with its attendant blood and carnage, those immersed in it will commit that carnage, laws or no laws.

Lemme see if I can dredge up an old thread of mine on this, the topic upon which I joined this site, right between the Jacksonville and Sandy Hook shootings.

EDIT - here ya go, no thanks to the site search box -- had to Google to find it. This is from a few years ago, begin paste:

I give you two cities, split by a river, kinda like Minneapolis and St. Paul are but this is a different pair of cities.

Obviously being next to each other, these cities have much in common regionally, climatically, industrially and so on. They are less than a mile apart, connected by a bridge and a tunnel. But the two cities show a stark difference in one area.

The city to the west recorded 377 total homicides in 2011 and 327 in 2010, according to police statistics(1), carrying a homicide rate of around 50 per 100,000 people
Across the bridge in the same time period, there was a total of one. For both years put together. A rate of 0.30. From September 27, 2009 to November 22, 2011 in that city, there were no murders at all. Zero.

What's going on here?

I haven't determined how many of those homicides were committed by firearm, but for a guide, out of 386 Detroit homicides in 2012, 333 were by firearm. Over 86%. (1)

And the one murder that finally broke the 2011 streak in Windsor? It was a stabbing.

People in his city of about 215,000 have a saying, Blaine said Friday afternoon: "In Windsor, when a 7-Eleven is held up, it usually is a knife. In Detroit, it is an Uzi."

It's not that there's no crime in Windsor, an industrial city that has seen its own economic challenges. "We're no different than any other major metropolitan area," Corey said. (here)

Detroit: at or near the highest murder rate in its country; Windsor: lowest in its country.
Less than a mile apart.

The fault lies not in our guns but in ourselves. To our values we are underlings.

{end paste}

Moron....Detroit, Michigan has had a democrat mayor since 1962 with democrat party policies on crime and punishment...that is the difference you dope...since access to guns is obviously possible in both cities since they are so close.......

If you keep releasing violent criminals, they keep committing crimes....you doofus.

And what happened in Detroit when more, normal people went out and bought guns for self defense.....?

Facts About Mass Shootings Support Gun Ownership, Not Gun Control

James Craig, who returned to his native Detroit as its chief of police in June 2013, believes in the strength of a legally armed populace. After working as a police officer for nearly three decades in Los Angeles, “where ‘it took an act of Congress’ to get permission to carry a gun,” Craig transferred to Portland, Maine. There, he discovered a vastly safer city, and one where gun ownership was common. It was in Portland that Craig realized “the effect…good Americans who are armed can have on reducing violence.”

Prior to Craig’s arrival, Detroit was among the most violent cities in the country. According to FBI statistics, 80 in 1000 Detroit residents “became victims of violent or property crime each year.” In 2012, 386 criminal homicides had been reported in the city. To bring down crime rates, the new chief of police urged Detroit residents to legally and safely arm themselves.

In 2014, Craig’s department issued 1,100 handgun permits. That year, the number of home invasions decreased by 38 percent, with the numbers of shootings and robberies likewise decreasing. Of the 1,800 felons queried in a 2015 survey, 57 percent identified their biggest fear as “armed citizens.”

Since Craig took over the department, Detroit has experienced “double-digit drops” in “nonfatal shootings, robberies, and carjackings.” Although the city’s levels of violence still leave much to be desired, in 2017, Detroit recorded its “lowest number of homicides since 1966.”

Craig believes a conversation surrounding guns should not be about gun control, but “crime control.” As he explains, “individuals who are criminally inclined…when in possession of a weapon, create the problems.”

Before Democrats look to new measures of gun control, they should concern themselves with the enforcement of existing gun laws, keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, and holding accountable institutions and policies which allow threats to go undetected.

He-he, but Canada DOES have strict gun control laws, eh? Funny how that most areas or cities that have THE strictest gun laws, ALSO have the highest rates of gun crimes. This is ESPECIALLY true here in the US. A bit funny, eh?

Guess it will be funny once it dawns on you that the reason those place have such laws is because they already had high gun crimes.

He-he! We have QUITE limited gun laws here in Valparaiso, Indiana. We've had ONE, yes, just ONE shooting death in almost TEN YEARS since I moved back here. And THAT one lone shooting death was reported as the result of a domestic dispute. Try again, Pogo, you're failing MISERABLY on these threads as of late.

OK so take Valpariso. Please. Imagine over the next, say, year or two gun crimes start soaring. The city decides to shore up its gun laws. Crime continues, because gun laws don't address those root causes. Then some USMB wanker walks up and goes "oh look, Valpariso has these strict gun laws and yet they have all this gun crime".

=OR= Look at it the opposite way. You have "QUITE limited gun laws" (whatever that means, I'll take your word for it), BECAUSE you haven't had that experience that would spur them.

"Cause" / "Effect". Know the difference. You can't just notice that in the winter my pipes don't burst and conclude that therefore it doesn't get cold enough to burst them. The ACTUAL reason they don't burst is that years ago they DID burst because it absolutely gets cold enough, and when they did I replaced them all with Pex Pipe. See where ass-sumptions take your ass?

That was alot of words that had no meaning in regards to an insane person commiting a crime that deserves him being carried out and hung in the public square.

Maybe that's because it was pointed to a dullard who doesn't understand cause-and-effect, YA THINK? So no, it's got nothing to do with any crime, it has to do with the bogus point THAT I QUOTED WHICH IS WHY THE FUCK I QUOTED IT and which is still --- amazingly enough --- STILL SITTING THERE IN THE QUOTE NEST FOR ALL TO SEE.. :banghead:

Reading is truly a lost art. SMH

The main problem is the punishment not meeting the crime anymore. And we all know why that is.

Oh do we now. And why is that? Because it just happened TODAY?

If guns cause gun crime and murder, as you state....then how did gun crime go down 75% as more Americans own and carry guns? How did gun murder go down 49% as more Americans own and carry guns, you doofus.

Moron.....cause and effect....?

More Americans own and carry guns........yet our gun murder rate went down 49%, our gun crime rate went down 75%.....our violent crime rate went down 72%......

Our problem isn't access to guns.....since the above truth shows that more guns do not mean more gun crime.......

Our problem here is that democrat party politicians allow violent criminals to get out of jail with weak laws and sentencing guidelines, implemented by democrat party judges and prosecutors.......that is the direct link between our gun crime rate and democrat party policies.....

In city after city where you find gun crime rates through the roof, you find a revolving door policy of catching violent felons with guns, the prosecutors plea bargain away the gun charges and the judges give them bail and then light sentences....that is the problem...not access to gun by law abiding people....

You doofu.

While you're looking up "cause and effect" be sure to look up "claim and burden of proof". Then go on to the grammar section where we find out how to capitalize proper names, let alone SPELL them.

Moron...you are the one claiming that guns cause mass public shootings not me....you moron....

Oh am I now.

(Watch this, how to keep a moron busy....)

----------- Linky winky?

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

Well moron, you then can't explain this.....more Americans own and carry guns, our gun crime rate went down 49%, gun crime went down 75%......

And there you go....a sexual fixation on guns and this time a bullet.....you left wing, anti-gun extremists have some very weird sexual fixations.....start talking about guns and you asshats talk about the penis.......you need help...

Gun crime is going up in Canada...as their drug gangs become more violent to protect drug turf.

We had 10 mass public shootings in 2019...... 10 individuals in a country of over 320 million people...

:laugh2:

"We had ten mass shootings in 2019" --- where "10" is defined as "417".
More mass shootings than calendar days in 2019

I stopped reading right there since I KNEW without bothering to look up a number that it was complete fabricated lower intestinal ploppage.

Such a lying fuck. You must actually think that you can just post shit and it takes form like some kind of Frankenstein.

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

Moron....Detroit, Michigan has had a democrat mayor since 1962 with democrat party policies on crime and punishment...that is the difference you dope...since access to guns is obviously possible in both cities since they are so close.......

If you keep releasing violent criminals, they keep committing crimes....you doofus.

And what happened in Detroit when more, normal people went out and bought guns for self defense.....?

James Craig, who returned to his native Detroit as its chief of police in June 2013, believes in the strength of a legally armed populace. After working as a police officer for nearly three decades in Los Angeles, “where ‘it took an act of Congress’ to get permission to carry a gun,” Craig transferred to Portland, Maine. There, he discovered a vastly safer city, and one where gun ownership was common. It was in Portland that Craig realized “the effect…good Americans who are armed can have on reducing violence.”

Prior to Craig’s arrival, Detroit was among the most violent cities in the country. According to FBI statistics, 80 in 1000 Detroit residents “became victims of violent or property crime each year.” In 2012, 386 criminal homicides had been reported in the city. To bring down crime rates, the new chief of police urged Detroit residents to legally and safely arm themselves.

In 2014, Craig’s department issued 1,100 handgun permits. That year, the number of home invasions decreased by 38 percent, with the numbers of shootings and robberies likewise decreasing. Of the 1,800 felons queried in a 2015 survey, 57 percent identified their biggest fear as “armed citizens.”

Since Craig took over the department, Detroit has experienced “double-digit drops” in “nonfatal shootings, robberies, and carjackings.” Although the city’s levels of violence still leave much to be desired, in 2017, Detroit recorded its “lowest number of homicides since 1966.”

Craig believes a conversation surrounding guns should not be about gun control, but “crime control.” As he explains, “individuals who are criminally inclined…when in possession of a weapon, create the problems.”

Before Democrats look to new measures of gun control, they should concern themselves with the enforcement of existing gun laws, keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, and holding accountable institutions and policies which allow threats to go undetected.

The more desperate you get to pimp your Almighty Gun fetish, the more hilarious are your fabrications.

"Democrats" (again, proper names get capitalized in English) and "Republicans" have ZERO to do with running cities. There's simply no political party philosophy INVOLVED in deciding which neighborhood gets its garbage picked up on Tuesdays. That's simple management. That's why most municipalities don't even use political parties in their city elections. And Detroit is one of them.

Seriously, are you retarded?

That was alot of words that had no meaning in regards to an insane person commiting a crime that deserves him being carried out and hung in the public square.

Maybe that's because it was pointed to a dullard who doesn't understand cause-and-effect, YA THINK? So no, it's got nothing to do with any crime, it has to do with the bogus point THAT I QUOTED WHICH IS WHY THE FUCK I QUOTED IT and which is still --- amazingly enough --- STILL SITTING THERE IN THE QUOTE NEST FOR ALL TO SEE.. :banghead:

Reading is truly a lost art. SMH

The main problem is the punishment not meeting the crime anymore. And we all know why that is.

Oh do we now. And why is that? Because it just happened TODAY?

If guns cause gun crime and murder, as you state....

Still waiting for the link to that "state".

We sit, and we wait. :th_waiting:

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

We had 10 mass public shootings in 2019...... 10 individuals in a country of over 320 million people...

I stopped reading right there since I KNEW without bothering to look up a number that it was complete fabricated lower intestinal ploppage.

Such a lying fuck. You must actually think that you can just post shit and it takes form like some kind of Frankenstein.

You dumb ass..........they include gang shootings and other criminal activity.....I use Mother Jones...they use the actual definition.......

US mass shootings, 1982-2020: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.) Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
  • ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence.

(Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

---------

The list below comes from the old definition of 4 killed to make a shooting a mass shooting...if you now go to the link there are more than listed below...but that is because Mother Jones changed the list from the time I first posted it...and changed to obama's new standard of only 3 dead to make a mass shooting...

I have put obama's updated number in parenthesis..........

we will see....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

2018... 12

2017: 11 ( 5 according to the old standard)

2015....4 ( obama's new standard....7)

2014....2 (4)

2002 not listed so more than likely 0

1985... not listed so probably 0

1983...not listed so probably 0

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

The more desperate you get to pimp your Almighty Gun fetish, the more hilarious are your fabrications.

"Democrats" (again, proper names get capitalized in English) and "Republicans" have ZERO to do with running cities. There's simply no political party philosophy INVOLVED in deciding which neighborhood gets its garbage picked up on Tuesdays. That's simple management. That's why most municipalities don't even use political parties in their city elections. And Detroit is one of them.

No one other than you believes that....when a political party thinks the criminal is a victim and releasing them levels the playing field that is a political party implementing their policies....you doofus.

Please....I think everyone needs a good laugh......tell us again how Chicago is not run by the democrat party......please........

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

No one other than you believes that....when a political party thinks the criminal is a victim and releasing them levels the playing field that is a political party implementing their policies....you doofus.

Please....I think everyone needs a good laugh......tell us again how Chicago is not run by the democrat party......please........

You'll find Chicago on that same list I gave you. Just like it was there the last time you tried to float this dishonest turd of dichotomous bullshit and got your clock cleaned then too.

I understand that mythology and fairy tales are fun and all, but I'm kinda based on facts. Your puerile and self-satisfied Arguments from Emotion do not impress me one iota. Any more than your dead-giveaway sweeping generalization sigline. Both are signs of an insecure and incompetent intellect.

As is your perpetual inability to learn to spell. There is no such thing as a "democrat [sic] party", nor is there such a thing even as a "Democrat [sic] Party".

Last edited:

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

You'll find Chicago on that same list I gave you. Just like it was there the last time you tried to float this dishonest turd of dichotomous bullshit and got your clock cleaned then too.

I understand that mythology and fairy tales are fun and all, but I'm kinda based on facts. Your puerile and self-satisfied Arguments from Emotion do not impress me one iota. Any more than your dead-giveaway sweeping generalization sigline. Both are signs of an insecure and incompetent intellect.

Tell us again......

Chicago is not run by the democrat party....

People need a good laugh....

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

Tell us again......

Chicago is not run by the democrat party....

People need a good laugh....

And whenever you show up, we get one.

Yes, we have crazy, cowardly people in our country too. In this case, he took the cowardly way out and destroyed a number of strangers who had no influence on his life.

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

From that same link:

>> In the end, 2019 had the highest number of mass shootings in any year since 2014, when the Gun Violence Archive started its count. It has surpassed the prior record of 382 mass shootings in 2016. The GVA reported 346 mass shootings in 2017 and 337 in 2018. <<

Among those listed:
  • A shootout at a kosher grocery store in Jersey City, New Jersey, on December 10. Three people in the store were killed and three others wounded, including two police officers. The two attackers also died in the shootout. The attackers also shot and killed a police detective at a nearby cemetery before the store attack.
  • A shooting near New Orleans' French Quarter on December 1 that left 10 people injured.
  • A shooting at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, California, on November 14, which left two teenage students dead and three wounded. The suspect, a 16-year-old student, shot himself in the head and died the next day.
  • A drive-by shooting spree in Odessa and Midland, Texas, on August 31, with seven people killed and 24 wounded
  • A shooting in a historic district of Dayton, Ohio, on August 4, with nine people killed and 27 injured.
  • A shooting at Walmart in El Paso, Texas, on August 3, with 22 people killed and 24 wounded. It was the deadliest shooting of the year, and the seventh-deadliest in modern U.S. history.
  • A shooting at a playground hosting a community festival in the Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, on July 28. One person was killed and 11 were wounded.
  • A shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in the San Francisco Bay Area on July 28. Three people were killed — two of them children — and 12 were wounded. Police shot and killed the gunman.
  • A shooting in a municipal building in Virginia Beach, on May 31, where a former city employee killed 12 people and wounded four.

Those are just the biggest nine. And you're sitting on this site trying to sell there were only "ten".

Oh and we CONTINUE TO WAIT for that quote of me saying "guns cause crime and murder". Crickets.

It’s certainly not a time to be so disgusting as to politicize this.

What kind of sick monster would do that?
A denture maker. I finally got another article to pull up.

We had a guy recently go door to door and kill six. He was an old vet with a drinking problem; the victims were all up to their eyeballs in drugs/dealing. The adage around here when there is a shooting is "drugs." Always.
But a denture maker?

WTF? That is horrifying. Was is close to you?
Very. We were disgusted by it, but he did all but one shooting inside and it was only during the last, when he winged a neighbor who heard the shots and came outside, that the police were called and we knew anything about it. The guy then drove into town and went to the American Legion Hall, which is his drinking hangout, ordered a beer and told them to call the cops, that he just shot six people. Went quietly. So no, except for a few minutes on the scanner when rumors were flying amuck, we weren't scared. I was at work and the receptionist carries, so we pretty much just carried on 'til the cops said "Got him."

Will you please post if there is any way to help those affected? I’m sure the people who post here would like to be able to contribute however we can.
Colonel, I'm sure their friends and family took care of them; tight knit community. But that's kind.

Surely, but if you see anything, please post it. This is awful.

Thanks.

>> Nova Scotia RCMP responded to numerous 911 calls about a gun-related incident late Saturday night in the small community of Portapique, 33 kilometres west of Truro, N.S.​
Police said at a news conference late Sunday afternoon that they found "several" casualties inside and outside a residence, but no suspect.​
Police secured the area and began a search that led to multiple sites in the area, including structures on fire. They eventually pursued the suspect across several Nova Scotia communities. The province's police watchdog, the Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT), named the village of Shubenacadie as the site of a "serious criminal event."​
Crimes were scattered over at least 50 kilometres, police said. The suspect used his gun during the rampage, but may have used "other methods" as well, said RCMP Chief Supt. Chris Leather.​
Leather said that "in excess of 10 people" were killed and at least two people were injured. RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki later raised the death toll to at least 13, not including the gunman.​
The only named victim so far is RCMP veteran Const. Heidi Stevenson, who police say was killed Sunday morning responding to the incident. The married mother of two had been with the force for 23 years.​
const-heidi-stevenson.jpg

Police said a male RCMP officer was among the injured, but didn't release his name. His injuries are not life-threatening, Leather said.​
He said the civilian deaths appeared to be at least partly random.​
... The chase for Wortman eventually made its way to one of Nova Scotia's busiest highways. It ended near a gas station in Enfield, about 35 kilometres from Halifax, where police officers shot Wortman. SIRT said in a news release Sunday night that he died at the scene.​
There were half a dozen police vehicles at the gas station. Yellow police tape surrounded the gas pumps, and a large silver-coloured SUV was being investigated.​
What we don't know
An exact death toll: Because there were so many crime scenes, Leather said he didn't know what the final death toll will be. It's also unclear how many people were injured, except that it was at least two. << --- CBC
Sounds like if someone had a gun, then things may have been different as far as innocent lives being saved.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because when you see your house is on fire, the first thing to do is grab some gasoline.

SMH
Does it make you feel gay that the shooter spent 12 hours going house to house shooting people?
Think that would happen in America?

Correct?

What's going on here?

Less than a mile apart.

{end paste}

From that same link:

>> In the end, 2019 had the highest number of mass shootings in any year since 2014, when the Gun Violence Archive started its count. It has surpassed the prior record of 382 mass shootings in 2016. The GVA reported 346 mass shootings in 2017 and 337 in 2018. <<

Among those listed:
  • A shootout at a kosher grocery store in Jersey City, New Jersey, on December 10. Three people in the store were killed and three others wounded, including two police officers. The two attackers also died in the shootout. The attackers also shot and killed a police detective at a nearby cemetery before the store attack.
  • A shooting near New Orleans' French Quarter on December 1 that left 10 people injured.
  • A shooting at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, California, on November 14, which left two teenage students dead and three wounded. The suspect, a 16-year-old student, shot himself in the head and died the next day.
  • A drive-by shooting spree in Odessa and Midland, Texas, on August 31, with seven people killed and 24 wounded
  • A shooting in a historic district of Dayton, Ohio, on August 4, with nine people killed and 27 injured.
  • A shooting at Walmart in El Paso, Texas, on August 3, with 22 people killed and 24 wounded. It was the deadliest shooting of the year, and the seventh-deadliest in modern U.S. history.
  • A shooting at a playground hosting a community festival in the Brownsville neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York, on July 28. One person was killed and 11 were wounded.
  • A shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival in the San Francisco Bay Area on July 28. Three people were killed — two of them children — and 12 were wounded. Police shot and killed the gunman.
  • A shooting in a municipal building in Virginia Beach, on May 31, where a former city employee killed 12 people and wounded four.

Those are just the biggest nine. And you're sitting on this site trying to sell there were only "ten".

Oh and we CONTINUE TO WAIT for that quote of me saying "guns cause crime and murder". Crickets.
Then why are Democrats releasing violent felons from prison early? California is now practicing catch and release for felons. They’re out within hours of being arrested.

We had a guy recently go door to door and kill six. He was an old vet with a drinking problem; the victims were all up to their eyeballs in drugs/dealing. The adage around here when there is a shooting is "drugs." Always.
But a denture maker?

Very. We were disgusted by it, but he did all but one shooting inside and it was only during the last, when he winged a neighbor who heard the shots and came outside, that the police were called and we knew anything about it. The guy then drove into town and went to the American Legion Hall, which is his drinking hangout, ordered a beer and told them to call the cops, that he just shot six people. Went quietly. So no, except for a few minutes on the scanner when rumors were flying amuck, we weren't scared. I was at work and the receptionist carries, so we pretty much just carried on 'til the cops said "Got him."

Will you please post if there is any way to help those affected? I’m sure the people who post here would like to be able to contribute however we can.
Colonel, I'm sure their friends and family took care of them; tight knit community. But that's kind.

Thanks.

>> Nova Scotia RCMP responded to numerous 911 calls about a gun-related incident late Saturday night in the small community of Portapique, 33 kilometres west of Truro, N.S.​
Police said at a news conference late Sunday afternoon that they found "several" casualties inside and outside a residence, but no suspect.​
Police secured the area and began a search that led to multiple sites in the area, including structures on fire. They eventually pursued the suspect across several Nova Scotia communities. The province's police watchdog, the Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT), named the village of Shubenacadie as the site of a "serious criminal event."​
Crimes were scattered over at least 50 kilometres, police said. The suspect used his gun during the rampage, but may have used "other methods" as well, said RCMP Chief Supt. Chris Leather.​
Leather said that "in excess of 10 people" were killed and at least two people were injured. RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki later raised the death toll to at least 13, not including the gunman.​
The only named victim so far is RCMP veteran Const. Heidi Stevenson, who police say was killed Sunday morning responding to the incident. The married mother of two had been with the force for 23 years.​

Police said a male RCMP officer was among the injured, but didn't release his name. His injuries are not life-threatening, Leather said.​
... The chase for Wortman eventually made its way to one of Nova Scotia's busiest highways. It ended near a gas station in Enfield, about 35 kilometres from Halifax, where police officers shot Wortman. SIRT said in a news release Sunday night that he died at the scene.​
There were half a dozen police vehicles at the gas station. Yellow police tape surrounded the gas pumps, and a large silver-coloured SUV was being investigated.​
What we don't know
An exact death toll: Because there were so many crime scenes, Leather said he didn't know what the final death toll will be. It's also unclear how many people were injured, except that it was at least two. << --- CBC
Sounds like if someone had a gun, then things may have been different as far as innocent lives being saved.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because when you see your house is on fire, the first thing to do is grab some gasoline.

SMH
Does it make you feel gay that the shooter spent 12 hours going house to house shooting people?

"Gay"? :wtf:

That's a weird way to roll. Did you get the USMB page mixed up with your porn page again?

What it makes me feel is assured that the poster who tried to set this guy up as a Hitlerian because it was April 20, has his calendar up his ass because it started on Saturday the 18th and into yesterday the 19th, with TODAY being April 20.

Other than that I don' know nuttin' about no "gay".

But a denture maker?

Thanks.

What we don't know

SMH

That's a weird way to roll. Did you get the USMB page mixed up with your porn page again?

What it makes me feel is assured that the poster who tried to set this guy up as a Hitlerian because it was April 20, has his calendar up his ass because it started on Saturday the 18th and into yesterday the 19th, with TODAY being April 20.

You have no idea what gay means. Yikes, public education is horrible.
Now address my question. Is a house to house 12 hour shooting spree possible in America?

But a denture maker?

Thanks.

What we don't know

SMH

You have no idea what gay means. Yikes, public education is horrible.
Now address my question. Is a house to house 12 hour shooting spree possible in America?

Where do you think Canada is? Africa?

Forum List

Back