Mason Jar Lunches.....

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
Mason-Jar-Salad-275x270.jpg

The Best New Way to Bring Your Lunch | The Daily Muse

Well, I'm not working any longer even though I get solicitations to do so every day.

Awesomeness.

I love stashing lunch in mason jars. They're big enough, you can put ANYTHING in them, and they double as a dish.

My daughter has a little plastic container. Apparently she just uses various things to put in it. When I visited a couple weeks ago, I made them a Greek salad, and she put some of that in. There was already some stuff in it, not sure what.

Hummus makes my mouth itch...but for some reason I don't get the same irritation from eating them in unmashed form.

I don't like hummus much, but I like garbanzos in salad.

I used to eat this great shrimp/garbanzo salad...I don't remember what was in it. Pretty much anything you wanted...and then garbanzos & shrimp. Olive, onion, mayo or whatever...didn't matter, it was always yummy.

Hummus makes my mouth itch...but for some reason I don't get the same irritation from eating them in unmashed form.

I don't like hummus much, but I like garbanzos in salad.

Could be something that has been added to flavor the humus. I like hummus, but I find that the whole beans are a little too dry for my taste. But both incarnations of them hurt my belly big time.

When I was young and starting out, and didn't have anything (loaf pans) I made bread in coffee cans.

the pic is from a famous hitchcock show... a country setting a rural man/boy with his beautiful wife/child....he has an oddity....everyone comes to look at and see...its an oddity in a jar....it is his pride and joy...he vainfull wife is jealous and tears the oddity out revealing its nothing but stuff in a jar...

soooooo the next day when everyone comes to sit and watch the oddity....they watch it till her hair bow with her name is revealed...he killed his wife and put her head in the jar....

i wasted much of my youth watching hitchcock, twilight zone and the rest....

Forum List

Back