Maskless MA

I believe that is why we need people vaccinated, nearly all at once, or very quickly.

As long as the virus is being spread to individuals, the virus has a chance to create a new variant, that the vaccines do not protect against and that variant becoming dominant, could spread among those not vaccinated, and spread among the vaccinated....among

Bringing us back, to square one....! :eek: At least, that's what I have read on it? Could happen, is just a "could"....so possibly it wouldn't happen?

it's also a reason they say the whole world needs to get on the ball, and vaccinate as many as possible, as soon as possible....to quell the chances for new variants forming.

COVID is never going away. It's here for good and it will end up being just like the season flu, which by the way, is the Spanish Influenza, which also never went away.

Bruins game last night. I was there as we kicked the shit out of the Islanders. First day of masks no longer being required in MA as well. A lot of “F U Fauci” chants. A lot of “CDC sucks” chants…bars were jammed before and after the game. Few if any masks.

Americans do not want to be told by the Govt what to do. This is why we are Americans. Check out the picture and the sea of humanity as they open the gates to the TD Garden.
That’s awesome you actually got to go to a game, normality returning little by little! Glad your team won! I’m hoping to be able to actually go to a professional baseball game this season (looks like we’ll be able to in July still no final word)… “take me out to the ball game!”.

I suspect that the chants were more a factor of taking out the frustrations of being shut in for over a year on Fauci and the CDC than anything else.

Other good news on the COVID front, resistance to being vaccinated has dropped (based on a new poll) to 18%.
Percentage of Americans Saying They'll Never Get COVID Vaccine Drops to New Low of 18%
Yay! But never is a long time.
Never is a long time for what? For the 18% to refuse getting vaccinated?

If that’s what you were referring to and the 18% is accurate then it doesn’t really matter since it would mean that vaccinations would be over the “herd immunity” threshold (with points to spare) that the scientific community has been publishing.
I was under the impression that we need to get vaccinated now, pretty much all at once, not in two years or whatever, in order for this thing to really work.
The poll question was badly worded.
I believe your impression of what’s required is incorrect and the positivity rate number and confirmed cases numbers since the vaccination program has gotten rolling kind of bears that out.

Correlation does not imply causation but since we’ve really gotten vaccines rolling the numbers have been falling quickly and steadily (with one small spike), the trend is pretty clear, it’s working. Let’s just pray that it holds and that’s we don’t have some new variant(s) that make the current crop of vaccines impotent.
I believe that is why we need people vaccinated, nearly all at once, or very quickly.

As long as the virus is being spread to individuals, the virus has a chance to create a new variant, that the vaccines do not protect against and that variant becoming dominant, could spread among those not vaccinated, and spread among the vaccinated....

Bringing us back, to square one....! :eek: At least, that's what I have read on it? Could happen, is just a "could"....so possibly it wouldn't happen?

it's also a reason they say the whole world needs to get on the ball, and vaccinate as many as possible, as soon as possible....to quell the chances for new variants forming.

No matter what you do, no matter what you throw at us millions of us know the truth and will not take the jab. I know...I get it, you've bought then entire narrative. You're a sweet lady and no doubt a VERY good person, those in your life should be proud to have you there. Having said that it in no way makes anything Fauci, Biden, Rump or any of them say about this true. Yes there is a virus, yes there have been many casualties, too many. My issue is that too many people trust one side or the other and hate the folks on the other side. Like it or not your Gov is not your friend, they are not "looking out" for you anymore than Rump did the Right.

It saved thousands of lives and could have saved thousands more...if only it hadn't been made a political issue.

Prove it.

Post a peer reviewed link that states such a fact.

You can't, because there is no such evidence.

mask-cases-4-us-states-1.jpg

Face Masks Against COVID-19: An Evidence Review

Version 1 : Received: 10 April 2020 / Approved: 12 April 2020 / Online: 12 April 2020 (17:41:10 CEST)
Version 2 : Received: 12 May 2020 / Approved: 13 May 2020 / Online: 13 May 2020 (13:16:04 CEST)
Version 3 : Received: 10 July 2020 / Approved: 12 July 2020 / Online: 12 July 2020 (16:11:50 CEST)
Version 4 : Received: 30 October 2020 / Approved: 2 November 2020 / Online: 2 November 2020 (10:18:00 CET)

A peer-reviewed article of this Preprint also exists.

Journal reference: PNAS 2020
DOI: 10.1073/pnas.2014564118
https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0203/v1/download

Abstract​

The science around the use of masks by the general public to impede COVID-19 transmission is advancing rapidly. Policymakers need guidance on how masks should be used by the general population to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. Here, we synthesize the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: 1) transmission characteristics of COVID-19, 2) filtering characteristics and efficacy of masks, 3) estimated population impacts of widespread community mask use, and 4) sociological considerations for policies concerning mask-wearing. A primary route of transmission of COVID-19 is likely via small respiratory droplets, and is known to be transmissible from presymptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. Reducing disease spread requires two things: first, limit contacts of infected individuals via physical distancing and contact tracing with appropriate quarantine, and second, reduce the transmission probability per contact by wearing masks in public, among other measures.

The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces the transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected droplets in both laboratory and clinical contexts.

Public mask wearing is most effective at stopping spread of the virus when compliance is high. The decreased transmissibility could substantially reduce the death toll and economic impact while the cost of the intervention is low. Thus we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation.

you're welcome for correcting you.

We are all happy that the masks are coming off. Let's hope it doesn't lead to more outbreaks or mutations. I will never understand how the health and safety of the American people became a political issue. It was just a mask. It saved thousands of lives and could have saved thousands more...if only it hadn't been made a political issue.It also crated
We are all happy that the masks are coming off. Let's hope it doesn't lead to more outbreaks or mutations. I will never understand how the health and safety of the American people became a political issue. It was just a mask. It saved thousands of lives and could have saved thousands more...if only it hadn't been made a political issue.
You cant play Devils Advocate and see it from the other side? Really? Amazing.
There is no "other side" to a threat to the public's health and safety. If Donald Trump hadn't made an issue out of wearing masks, mask wearing would not have been a political issue.

same for the vaccine. he's the first to bloviate it was alllllll his doing & he's responsible for it being developed ( which in REALITY - that research has been in development for years ) got the damn vaccine in secrecy. well, him & his trophy wife#3.

how CONniving, 'eh?
Nope. I disagree. Operation Warp Speed was due to his push.

Bruins game last night. I was there as we kicked the shit out of the Islanders. First day of masks no longer being required in MA as well. A lot of “F U Fauci” chants. A lot of “CDC sucks” chants…bars were jammed before and after the game. Few if any masks.

Americans do not want to be told by the Govt what to do. This is why we are Americans. Check out the picture and the sea of humanity as they open the gates to the TD Garden.
That’s awesome you actually got to go to a game, normality returning little by little! Glad your team won! I’m hoping to be able to actually go to a professional baseball game this season (looks like we’ll be able to in July still no final word)… “take me out to the ball game!”.

I suspect that the chants were more a factor of taking out the frustrations of being shut in for over a year on Fauci and the CDC than anything else.

Other good news on the COVID front, resistance to being vaccinated has dropped (based on a new poll) to 18%.
Percentage of Americans Saying They'll Never Get COVID Vaccine Drops to New Low of 18%

If that’s what you were referring to and the 18% is accurate then it doesn’t really matter since it would mean that vaccinations would be over the “herd immunity” threshold (with points to spare) that the scientific community has been publishing.
I was under the impression that we need to get vaccinated now, pretty much all at once, not in two years or whatever, in order for this thing to really work.
I believe your impression of what’s required is incorrect and the positivity rate number and confirmed cases numbers since the vaccination program has gotten rolling kind of bears that out.

Correlation does not imply causation but since we’ve really gotten vaccines rolling the numbers have been falling quickly and steadily (with one small spike), the trend is pretty clear, it’s working. Let’s just pray that it holds and that’s we don’t have some new variant(s) that make the current crop of vaccines impotent.

As long as the virus is being spread to individuals, the virus has a chance to create a new variant, that the vaccines do not protect against and that variant becoming dominant, could spread among those not vaccinated, and spread among the vaccinated....

Nope. If you’re vaccinated you will not get it. No need to worry about others. I was safe since last April. Did not care what others did around me.

You make good points and I’m hoping for the same things you are, however “nearly all at once” isn’t possible due to supply constraints and the requirements to get shots in peoples arms, however “very quickly” is already happening, in fact this level of vaccinations at this speed (290 million shots delivered in 6 months!) is unprecedented.

We’re getting there and it also looks like resistance to getting vaccinated is dropping, now we just need to make sure we get the vaccine to people that want it and don’t have an easy means of getting it (poor urban neighborhoods, rural areas, etc..,).

We are all happy that the masks are coming off. Let's hope it doesn't lead to more outbreaks or mutations. I will never understand how the health and safety of the American people became a political issue. It was just a mask. It saved thousands of lives and could have saved thousands more...if only it hadn't been made a political issue.It also crated
We are all happy that the masks are coming off. Let's hope it doesn't lead to more outbreaks or mutations. I will never understand how the health and safety of the American people became a political issue. It was just a mask. It saved thousands of lives and could have saved thousands more...if only it hadn't been made a political issue.
There is no "other side" to a threat to the public's health and safety. If Donald Trump hadn't made an issue out of wearing masks, mask wearing would not have been a political issue.
Link that he made an issue and there is always an other side for every debate. You leftists are just myopic assholes who refuse to have an honest discussion. What if someone said that to you about abortion? No debate. It’s the killing of babies. How would you feel? You Seawytch are a hypocrite.

I disagree. Show me where he made an issue? Fauci went on 60 Minutes and said masks weren’t all that helpful if at all and then suddenly changed his tune

he explained why - AND even if it weren't for the shortage, science evolves. too bad his 30% base is incapable of doing just that. early o, it was thought to also largely transmit via tactile & also dwell on surfaces for long periods of time.

science research has changed that risk.
You’re talking nonsense with zero proof or logic. You are such a hypocrite. The Democratic Party is all about taking away freedoms and you never once criticize them unless I prod you several times. Ridiculous

same for the vaccine. he's the first to bloviate it was alllllll his doing & he's responsible for it being developed ( which in REALITY - that research has been in development for years ) got the damn vaccine in secrecy. well, him & his trophy wife#3.

how CONniving, 'eh?
No doubt Donny should get some credit for that, however the LIONS SHARE of the credit has to go to the folks in white coats working in the labs that came up with the vaccines, they are the REAL HEROES.

It saved thousands of lives and could have saved thousands more...if only it hadn't been made a political issue.

Prove it.

Post a peer reviewed link that states such a fact.

You can't, because there is no such evidence.

mask-cases-4-us-states-1.jpg

Version 1 : Received: 10 April 2020 / Approved: 12 April 2020 / Online: 12 April 2020 (17:41:10 CEST)
Version 2 : Received: 12 May 2020 / Approved: 13 May 2020 / Online: 13 May 2020 (13:16:04 CEST)
Version 3 : Received: 10 July 2020 / Approved: 12 July 2020 / Online: 12 July 2020 (16:11:50 CEST)
Version 4 : Received: 30 October 2020 / Approved: 2 November 2020 / Online: 2 November 2020 (10:18:00 CET)

A peer-reviewed article of this Preprint also exists.
Journal reference: PNAS 2020
DOI: 10.1073/pnas.2014564118
https://www.preprints.org/manuscript/202004.0203/v1/download

Abstract​

The science around the use of masks by the general public to impede COVID-19 transmission is advancing rapidly. Policymakers need guidance on how masks should be used by the general population to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. Here, we synthesize the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: 1) transmission characteristics of COVID-19, 2) filtering characteristics and efficacy of masks, 3) estimated population impacts of widespread community mask use, and 4) sociological considerations for policies concerning mask-wearing. A primary route of transmission of COVID-19 is likely via small respiratory droplets, and is known to be transmissible from presymptomatic and asymptomatic individuals. Reducing disease spread requires two things: first, limit contacts of infected individuals via physical distancing and contact tracing with appropriate quarantine, and second, reduce the transmission probability per contact by wearing masks in public, among other measures.

The preponderance of evidence indicates that mask wearing reduces the transmissibility per contact by reducing transmission of infected droplets in both laboratory and clinical contexts.

Public mask wearing is most effective at stopping spread of the virus when compliance is high. The decreased transmissibility could substantially reduce the death toll and economic impact while the cost of the intervention is low. Thus we recommend the adoption of public cloth mask wearing, as an effective form of source control, in conjunction with existing hygiene, distancing, and contact tracing strategies. We recommend that public officials and governments strongly encourage the use of widespread face masks in public, including the use of appropriate regulation.

you're welcome for correcting you.

That's a lot of propaganda. Masks don't work though.

I disagree. Show me where he made an issue? Fauci went on 60 Minutes and said masks weren’t all that helpful if at all and then suddenly changed his tune

he explained why - AND even if it weren't for the shortage, science evolves. too bad his 30% base is incapable of doing just that. early o, it was thought to also largely transmit via tactile & also dwell on surfaces for long periods of time.

How many masks is Fauci recommending these days?

if one is vaxxed - zero ... unless you're in a crowded area with others breathing pretty much right on you. why were there such low cases of the flu this winter? put yer critical thinking cap on & try to deduce.

Last edited:

As long as the virus is being spread to individuals, the virus has a chance to create a new variant, that the vaccines do not protect against and that variant becoming dominant, could spread among those not vaccinated, and spread among the vaccinated....among

COVID is never going away. It's here for good and it will end up being just like the season flu, which by the way, is the Spanish Influenza, which also never went away.

how many variants are here to stay too? one of 'em might mutate into something that can't be vaxxed away.

how CONniving, 'eh?

zog zog zoggy zog ... there's no doubt you do believe that. howeverrrrrrrrrrrr...............

How a decade of coronavirus research paved way for COVID-19 vaccines

Feb 26, 2021

Sara Berg
Senior News Writer

The rapid development of COVID-19 vaccines in under a year has raised concerns, which can lead to vaccine hesitancy. But AMA member Peter Hotez, MD, PhD, reassures that while the COVID-19 pandemic has spurred global cooperation for vaccine research and distribution, it has been a decade in the making.

“All that work we did over the last decade has laid the groundwork for our current generation of COVID-19 vaccines,” said Dr. Hotez, adding that “the vaccines for Operation Warp Speed build on our research, and my colleagues’ research over the last decade, showing how we can deliver the spike protein—it’s a 10-year R&D program just like any other vaccine.”
https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/how-decade-coronavirus-research-paved-way-covid-19-vaccines

^^^ THAT ^^^

if one is vaxxed - zero ... unless you're in a crowded area with others breathing pretty much right on you.
If you are vaxxed and maskless and others breathe right on you, can you get covid?

Nope. If you’re vaccinated you will not get it. No need to worry about others. I was safe since last April. Did not care what others did around me.
Yes, of course those vaccinated are protected...for now!

how CONniving, 'eh?
No doubt Donny should get some credit for that, however the LIONS SHARE of the credit has to go to the folks in white coats working in the labs that came up with the vaccines, they are the REAL HEROES.
Right but in terms of regulations and expediting the approval, that was Trump.

How many masks is Fauci recommending these days?

if one is vaxxed - zero ... unless you're in a crowded area with others breathing pretty much right on you. why were there such low cases of the flu this winter? put yer critical thinking cap on & try to deduce.
Because other viruses can trump viruses like the flu. Sweden didn’t wear masks or social distance and their cases of the flu dropped dramatically as well. Keep trying though. Zero to do with masks.

how many variants are here to stay too? one of 'em might mutate into something that can't be vaxxed away.
And one of them might give us immortality. I am not taking away freedoms for hypothetical issues.

Yes, of course those vaccinated are protected...for now!
You may live in a cave if you like. I had COVID and survived. We know a lot more about the virus now and how it may cause blood clots, which kill people so we put those who are very ill on anti clotting meds. 99% handle it just fine without any meds. Your paranoia is ridiculous and establishes that you’re a deranged leftist psychopath.

Forum List

Back