Maryland Residents- this is for you

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Covid Regulations in Loco Moco

a snippet-

In August, I reported here on how Montgomery County, Maryland, was seeking to shut down private schools as part of their Covid-19 strategy of abolishing all risk by abolishing all freedom. As more individuals have recently tested positive for Covid, the county government is responding with a new array of iron-fisted decrees. Some of the latest edicts make little or no sense, confirming the county’s nickname of LoCo Moco.

Gov. Larry Hogan blocked the county government’s effort to criminalize private teaching; Catholic, Jewish, and other schools have operated safely with no significant Covid outbreaks. But county schools remain shut down in large part due to the clout of the teachers union, a bulwark of political support for County Executive Marc Elrich.

For at least 40 years, MoCo politicians and school officials have invoked “closing the achievement gap” as a sacred goal that justifies sacrificing as many taxpayers as necessary. But that goal is not as sacrosanct as assuring that teachers continue to collect full pay while taking zero risks and leaving the most vulnerable students far behind.

Empathy only goes so far ya know, and that's just one of the examples from the article

a snippet-

In August, I reported here on how Montgomery County, Maryland, was seeking to shut down private schools as part of their Covid-19 strategy of abolishing all risk by abolishing all freedom. As more individuals have recently tested positive for Covid, the county government is responding with a new array of iron-fisted decrees. Some of the latest edicts make little or no sense, confirming the county’s nickname of LoCo Moco.

Gov. Larry Hogan blocked the county government’s effort to criminalize private teaching; Catholic, Jewish, and other schools have operated safely with no significant Covid outbreaks. But county schools remain shut down in large part due to the clout of the teachers union, a bulwark of political support for County Executive Marc Elrich.

For at least 40 years, MoCo politicians and school officials have invoked “closing the achievement gap” as a sacred goal that justifies sacrificing as many taxpayers as necessary. But that goal is not as sacrosanct as assuring that teachers continue to collect full pay while taking zero risks and leaving the most vulnerable students far behind.

Empathy only goes so far ya know, and that's just one of the examples from the article

We're in Harford County—for a few more weeks—until we move far north. I wouldn't dirty my boots to set foot in Montgomery County.

a snippet-

We're in Harford County—for a few more weeks—until we move far north. I wouldn't dirty my boots to set foot in Montgomery County.
Cool
I’m in Cecil County (Perryville)

Forum List

Back