Maryland military veteran who stormed Capitol with loaded pistol is sentenced to 7 years in prison

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Interesting..I've several posts that allege that no firearms involved on Jan 6th.
Wrong.

A military veteran who stormed the U.S. Capitol with a loaded pistol, metal-plated body armor and a gas mask was sentenced on Wednesday to seven years in prison, one of the longest among hundreds of Jan. 6 riot cases
Christopher Michael Alberts isn't accused of brandishing his concealed gun during the riot on Jan. 6, 2021. But he used a wooden pallet as a makeshift battering ram against police officers who were guarding a stairwell outside the Capitol, according to federal prosecutors.
Alberts told U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper that he was trying to protect others outside the Capitol as police deployed tear gas and non-lethal munitions to hold back the mob.
“I wasn't trying to hurt anybody,” he said. “I just wanted it all to stop.”
Cooper told Alberts that he was one of the leaders of the mob that day.
Alberts, a former Virginia National Guard member who lives in Maryland, spent six hours on Capitol grounds on the day of the riot. He was armed with a 9-millimeter pistol — loaded with hollow point and high-pressure rounds — and brought an extra magazine of ammunition.
Alberts was the first rioter to reach the northwest steps outside the Capitol and the first to "go hands on" with a Capitol police officer at that part of the complex, prosecutors said.
“Alberts, with his body armor, gas mask, military gear, and rage, rallied and instigated the mob,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.
Cooper also sentenced Alberts to three years of supervised release after his prison term. Prosecutors asked for Alberts to be taken into custody immediately after his sentencing, but the judge allowed him to remain free until he reports to prison at a date to be determined.

Prosecutors had recommended a 10-year prison sentence for Alberts, who said he served in the Virginia National Guard from 2005 to 2011 and was deployed to Iraq for one year in 2007 and 2008.

What were the charges?

I'll bet they had NOTHING to do with a gun! Look at how they crafted the language...it does not say he was charged with any gun crimes.

It does not say he entered the capitol building. It does not say he drew his weapon.

They found him "guilty" of picking his ass and gave him 7 years in prison...that's democrat nazis for ya!

Alberts was the first rioter to reach the northwest steps outside the Capitol and the first to "go hands on" with a Capitol police officer

Go "hands on"? Is that a legal term? WTF does that mean?

Was he charged with the crime of going "hands on"? I'd like to know the statute number of that law.

Go "hands on"? Is that a legal term? WTF does that mean?

Its right there in the article:

But he used a wooden pallet as a makeshift battering ram against police officers who were guarding a stairwell outside the Capitol, according to federal prosecutors.

I know...and you are stupid enough to believe it.

Now go pray to the Biden and beg is forgiveness!

Laughing......you understand that you ignoring the article doesn't change a thing about the charges, the trial or the sentence, yes?

Maybe Capital Cops shot and killed the wrong person. Ashley Babbitt was a Veteran but she was unarmed and posed no threat before she was shot dead.

Interesting..I've several posts that allege that no firearms involved on Jan 6th.
Wrong.

A military veteran who stormed the U.S. Capitol with a loaded pistol, metal-plated body armor and a gas mask was sentenced on Wednesday to seven years in prison, one of the longest among hundreds of Jan. 6 riot cases
Christopher Michael Alberts isn't accused of brandishing his concealed gun during the riot on Jan. 6, 2021. But he used a wooden pallet as a makeshift battering ram against police officers who were guarding a stairwell outside the Capitol, according to federal prosecutors.
Alberts told U.S. District Judge Christopher Cooper that he was trying to protect others outside the Capitol as police deployed tear gas and non-lethal munitions to hold back the mob.
“I wasn't trying to hurt anybody,” he said. “I just wanted it all to stop.”
Cooper told Alberts that he was one of the leaders of the mob that day.
Alberts, a former Virginia National Guard member who lives in Maryland, spent six hours on Capitol grounds on the day of the riot. He was armed with a 9-millimeter pistol — loaded with hollow point and high-pressure rounds — and brought an extra magazine of ammunition.
Alberts was the first rioter to reach the northwest steps outside the Capitol and the first to "go hands on" with a Capitol police officer at that part of the complex, prosecutors said.
“Alberts, with his body armor, gas mask, military gear, and rage, rallied and instigated the mob,” prosecutors wrote in a court filing.
Cooper also sentenced Alberts to three years of supervised release after his prison term. Prosecutors asked for Alberts to be taken into custody immediately after his sentencing, but the judge allowed him to remain free until he reports to prison at a date to be determined.

Prosecutors had recommended a 10-year prison sentence for Alberts, who said he served in the Virginia National Guard from 2005 to 2011 and was deployed to Iraq for one year in 2007 and 2008.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

What were the charges?

I'll bet they had NOTHING to do with a gun! Look at how they crafted the language...it does not say he was charged with any gun crimes.

It does not say he entered the capitol building. It does not say he drew his weapon.

They found him "guilty" of picking his ass and gave him 7 years in prison...that's democrat nazis for ya!
He laid hands on the cops. Do Blue Lives Matter, or are you full of shit as always?

Maybe Capital Cops shot and killed the wrong person. Ashley Babbitt was a Veteran but she was unarmed and posed no threat before she was shot dead.
The police shot exactly the right person. It halted the insurrection right then and there.

I was actually surprised at the level of restraint the Capitol police showed considering they were being mauled, wounded, and thrashed by the rabid tards.

There should have been a lot more dead red-hatted bodies on the ground.

Forum List

Back