Martial Law?

Are we living under Martial Law with differences to degree around the country? And is this restriction of rights called something else if not?

We are nowhere near Martial Law. My wife has a son by a previous marriage that she insisted on moving in here on top of me. This past week-end I ended up calling the cops because I was trying to give the governor here an opportunity to see if his quarantine would work and this jackass living in my house refuses to observe the quarantine. He's always going somewhere and when his brother (who is homeless) shows up on the carport, my wife and her son are all over his nasty ass, hugging him, etc.

When I tried to tell them about quarantine regs, the objective of social distancing and the gravity of the situation, they laughed. My wife even "guaranteed" that I will not get the Corona virus. Well, I wanted to give the quarantine a chance, so I called the cops. They show up and say they do not have any authority to enforce the governor's Executive Order.

Martial law? No. But with idiots like I married and the underachievers she gave birth to will eventually make Martial Law an inevitability.
You married badly so you call the cops. Chin up, Martial Law may be here for you soon.

It wasn't on her. It was on her son. The last time, she moved the homeless one in here. One day her now homeless son was living here. Without provocation, he threw a belt around my neck and began choking me. Now, this guy is half my age and much bigger than me, but when that fight ended, his wrist was broken in two places and his right arm fractured. I had a small bruise on my right bicep. So, I was trying to avoid a similar altercation since I don't really care to get in fights. We didn't call the cops after that fight, but I'd like to prevent that kind of situation. My alternative in this instance could have been equally disastrous for this kid. When you hit your 60s, you want that fight to end asap. So, it can get really ugly in seconds. You can criticize me all you like. I did the right thing.

The issue isn't her son. The issue is your wife. The sooner you figure that out the better off you'll be.

Over all I found that out with the last son. Working to get myself situated so I can exit that situation right now.

Are we living under Martial Law with differences to degree around the country? And is this restriction of rights called something else if not?
We are not subject to ‘martial law’ – the notion is ignorant nonsense.

Martial law is valid and Constitutional only during a period of actual military war and where the courts have ceased to function.

And martial law applies solely to jurisdictions – or parts of jurisdictions – subject to actual military war where the courts have ceased to function (see: Ex parte Milligan (1866)).

It’s this sort of baseless demagoguery from the right that makes periods of National crisis that much more needlessly difficult.

Forum List

Back