Market will tank if Biden wins.

It really is apples to oranges, Marc. Coming out of a recession will automatically add jobs
and lower the unemployment numbers, no matter who is president.
What's your underlying point? Spell it out

I never bought into presidents having all that much control over the markets. If I have any worry, it would be about the way congresses and presidents have lacked control over the federal deficit over the past two decades and whether eventually the currency resulting from market investments is going to be worth the paper it is printed on?

It's not so much about them having control over the market. It's that the market reacts to what sort of business-related policies the President is likely to have.

NBC is anti Trump and even they agree. Biden has been in Gov't for the past 40+ years, has zero business acumen and will not be seen as a business friendly president. Usually the economy decides the next President but this is an odd time with the virus. Should be interesting but those with 401Ks, you're voting against your self interests if you vote for Biden.

He will put us into a Great Depression......I don't know how we will get out of it.

The only reason why we got out of the Roosevelt Depression was that the Empire of Japan pulled a Pearl Harbor job on us in Hawaii. I don't know who will be lighting a bomb under America this time.

It really is apples to oranges, Marc. Coming out of a recession will automatically add jobs
and lower the unemployment numbers, no matter who is president.
What's your underlying point? Spell it out
Trump wasn't handed an economy just coming out of recession. It was a pretty easy post to understand, Marc.

Last edited:
I never bought into presidents having all that much control over the markets. If I have any worry, it would be about the way congresses and presidents have lacked control over the federal deficit over the past two decades and whether eventually the currency resulting from market investments is going to be worth the paper it is printed on?

It's not so much about them having control over the market. It's that the market reacts to what sort of business-related policies the President is likely to have.
Sure, but not all policies that increase the market are overall beneficial to the country. Running up massive deficits in an economic expansion isn't a healthy way to stimulate the stock market, the benefits of which go very disproportionately to the top.

-Put more people back to work: Sure, if you can live on part-time pay with no benefits.
-More people investing in 401K plans: After BushCo, Americans lost 20% of their retirement. Under the smelly skidmark, that number will probably double since the usual funding platforms are gone. If you have money in Wells Fargo above the FDIC Insurance limits, I'd strongly consider moving it.
-Equity Purchases only increase returns for those at the top of the ivory tower of companies through bonuses. Bain Equity is a perfect example.
-Increased Military Spending: OK, that might be a good thing. But current events in San Diego Harbor will eat up a good chunk of that.

People can live on Part time pay better than they can live on No-Time Pay which is what they'll have with Sleepy Joe.

I'm surprised that you are so critical of Bain Capital. I guess you didn't hear of Deval Patrick's involvement with them, or how Romney is considered to be a tremendous fellow nowadays.
We have 22M American Workers that are currently underemployed living on part-time. I'm sure it's not a happy time for them.

When was I critical of Bain Capital?

NBC is anti Trump and even they agree. Biden has been in Gov't for the past 40+ years, has zero business acumen and will not be seen as a business friendly president. Usually the economy decides the next President but this is an odd time with the virus. Should be interesting but those with 401Ks, you're voting against your self interests if you vote for Biden.

He will put us into a Great Depression......I don't know how we will get out of it.
We're already there. Banks are next. Wells Fargo is in deep.

Yeah but there is a big difference between Wall Street tanking and a temporary dip. The market and real estate tanked in 2008/2009.

Yeah but there is a big difference between Wall Street tanking and a temporary dip. The market and real estate tanked in 2008/2009.

True. I would expect this to be a tanking, because the economy is already struggling. Installing a President with extreme anti-business sentiments at such a time is not going to result in a temporary dip.

-Put more people back to work: Sure, if you can live on part-time pay with no benefits.
-More people investing in 401K plans: After BushCo, Americans lost 20% of their retirement. Under the smelly skidmark, that number will probably double since the usual funding platforms are gone. If you have money in Wells Fargo above the FDIC Insurance limits, I'd strongly consider moving it.
-Equity Purchases only increase returns for those at the top of the ivory tower of companies through bonuses. Bain Equity is a perfect example.
-Increased Military Spending: OK, that might be a good thing. But current events in San Diego Harbor will eat up a good chunk of that.

People can live on Part time pay better than they can live on No-Time Pay which is what they'll have with Sleepy Joe.

I'm surprised that you are so critical of Bain Capital. I guess you didn't hear of Deval Patrick's involvement with them, or how Romney is considered to be a tremendous fellow nowadays.
We have 22M American Workers that are currently underemployed living on part-time. I'm sure it's not a happy time for them.

There have always been a lot of people who are living on PT and there have always been people who were unhappy with their circumstances.

And there always will be.

The idea of everyone being happy is quixotic goal

The market is a complete distortion. You have very, very little purchasing power. About 3 or 4 cents worth on the dollar now, I think. And your savings are being robbed with every note they print. This will continue, no matter which one of em gets elected.
but with Biden, you'll get a crashed economy, lawlessness (no police), disarmed citizens, Enemies of America taking advantage, growth of illegal immigrants, more of obama if not worse.
All while Biden wealth will grow

Last edited:

There have always been a lot of people who are living on PT and there have always been people who were unhappy with their circumstances.

And there always will be.

The idea of everyone being happy is quixotic goal
Seventy percent of the US economy is consumer spending. When you have a large number of workers working part-time for part-time wages, the economy suffers.
The idea of everyone being happy is quixotic goal. Leona Helmsley?

True. I would expect this to be a tanking, because the economy is already struggling. Installing a President with extreme anti-business sentiments at such a time is not going to result in a temporary dip.

Well we'll just have to disagree. With the market on mind, here's an entertaining video:

If you disagree, I'd be interested to know why. Do you not think Biden would have anti-business policies that would make a recovery difficult, or do you not think the market would expect him to have such policies?

The only reason why we got out of the Roosevelt Depression was that the Empire of Japan pulled a Pearl Harbor job on us in Hawaii. I don't know who will be lighting a bomb under America this time.
LOL

You dumbass, the Great Depression started under Hoover, not FDR; and it was over before the Pearl Harbor attack. :eusa_doh:

LOL

You dumbass, the Great Depression started under Hoover, not FDR; and it was over before the Pearl Harbor attack. :eusa_doh:

The US unemployment rate in December 1941 was 9.9%, that a Depression level rate. Particularly, as a million able bodied men were conscripted into the military BEFORE Pearl Harbor.

LOL

The US unemployment rate in December 1941 was 9.9%, that a Depression level rate. Particularly, as a million able bodied men were conscripted into the military BEFORE Pearl Harbor.

9.9% unemployment is a "depression level rate??" So you're saying we were in a depression while Reagan was president (10.8%)? And you're saying we're in a depression now (11.1%)?

LOL

9.9% unemployment is a "depression level rate??" So you're saying we were in a depression while Reagan was president (10.8%)? And you're saying we're in a depression now (11.1%)?

If we continue to have high unemployment rates for a minimum of 6 months AFTER the pandemic, I'd call it a "depression".

And sure, the late 70's/ early 80's were depression

The key is that the economy hadn't recovered until after the Japanese bombed Hawaii. FDR's efforts at recovery were a complete failure.

LOL

If we continue to have high unemployment rates for a minimum of 6 months AFTER the pandemic, I'd call it a "depression".

The key is that the economy hadn't recovered until after the Japanese bombed Hawaii. FDR's efforts at recovery were a complete failure.
LOL

Sorry, you don't get to make up your own definitions for what constitutes a depression.

• A depression is characterized as a dramatic downturn in economic activity in conjunction with a sharp fall in growth, employment, and production.
  • Depressions are often identified as recessions lasting longer than three years or resulting in a drop in annual GDP of at least 10%.
  • The U.S. economy has experienced several recessions but just a handful of major economic depressions.

LOL

LOL

Sorry, you don't get to make up your own definitions for what constitutes a depression.

• A depression is characterized as a dramatic downturn in economic activity in conjunction with a sharp fall in growth, employment, and production.
  • Depressions are often identified as recessions lasting longer than three years or resulting in a drop in annual GDP of at least 10%.
  • The U.S. economy has experienced several recessions but just a handful of major economic depressions.

And that is what biden will do to the country.

Forum List

Back