Marine court-martialed for refusing to remove Bible verse

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I will bet every stupid liberal that clicks into this thread thinks it is a white conservative military male.

Nope. The marine is a black woman. Now, that is a liberal conundrum.

A court case working its way through the military justice system raises a basic question: Should a member of the military be allowed to post a religious passage in her place of work?

The case involves Monifa J. Sterling, a Marine veteran who was convicted in a court-martial at Camp Lejeune, N.C., of failing to go to an appointed place of duty, disrespecting a superior commissioned officer and four specifications of disobeying a lawful order. She was sentenced last year to a reduction in rank from lance corporal to private and given a bad-conduct discharge, a status that will stay on her military record and prohibits her from receiving benefits as a veteran.

It is a specific portion of Sterling’s past that is still in dispute, however. Sterling was found guilty of disobeying a lawful order in part because she refused to take down three signs in her workspace with the message: “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.” It’s a derivation of the biblical passage Isaiah 54:17, a motivational message that says that “no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper.”

After court-martial this Marine cites religious freedom in her continued legal fight - The Washington Post

29184BED00000578-0-image-a-8_1432678534566.jpg

Let see how liberals deal with this issue. Watch how they play both sides.

I will bet every stupid liberal that clicks into this thread thinks it is a white conservative military male.

A court case working its way through the military justice system raises a basic question: Should a member of the military be allowed to post a religious passage in her place of work?

The case involves Monifa J. Sterling, a Marine veteran who was convicted in a court-martial at Camp Lejeune, N.C., of failing to go to an appointed place of duty, disrespecting a superior commissioned officer and four specifications of disobeying a lawful order. She was sentenced last year to a reduction in rank from lance corporal to private and given a bad-conduct discharge, a status that will stay on her military record and prohibits her from receiving benefits as a veteran.

It is a specific portion of Sterling’s past that is still in dispute, however. Sterling was found guilty of disobeying a lawful order in part because she refused to take down three signs in her workspace with the message: “No weapon formed against me shall prosper.” It’s a derivation of the biblical passage Isaiah 54:17, a motivational message that says that “no weapon that is formed against you shall prosper.”

After court-martial this Marine cites religious freedom in her continued legal fight - The Washington Post

Guilty. Anyone who's been in the military should know that. Obviously you haven't.

Nice touch trying to make it about her color.

Right, only atheists who like to have gay sex should join a Prog military.

Oh, and wanting to risk your life for deserters who aid the enemy are people you should want to die for by going to go look for them should also be a prerequisite.
Bergdahl_fam.jpg

says the man that has never worn a uniform for the US military..

OP: Nice try, this is not a liberals vs Conservatives issue. There's no place for relgion in our government and most places of work. Most. If you work for a local bakery where homophobia is allowed, then you may post photos of Jesus and biblical messages at work. It's a private business. Public organizations such as military don't allow such displays. She disobeyed the orders.

As an aside let me say this: She should not have joined the military unless she needed vet benefits. Military is a complete waste of life. They tried to recruit me when I was looking for some career options. I told them to f off.

I don't see how Progs will have a problem destroying this young black woman.

Just look at Condi Rice. Progs don't care about race unless they can exploit them for votes.

OP: Nice try, this is not a liberals vs Conservatives issue. There's no place for relgion in our government and most places of work. Most. If you work for a local bakery where homophobia is allowed, then you may post photos of Jesus and biblical messages at work. It's a private business. Public organizations such as military don't allow such displays. She disobeyed the orders.

As an aside let me say this: She should not have joined the military unless she needed vet benefits. Military is a complete waste of life. They tried to recruit me when I was looking for some career options. I told them to f off.

Anyone willing to risk their life for Progs like Obama or Bush who use the military to throw their weight around the world will get what they deserve.

Just look at Condi Rice. Progs don't care about race unless they can exploit them for votes.
You two jerk offs are the only ones making an issue out of it..

Votto babbled: I don't see how Progs will have a problem destroying this young black woman. Just look at Condi Rice. Progs don't care about race unless they can exploit them for votes

My retort: You are clueless. Progs did not destroy Condi over her race or looks or her voice or her birth certificate.

Progs destroyed Condi because she lied to the American people about WMDs and took us into war. If progs hated blacks they would have destroyed Colin Powell too. Powell stopped lying after he realized he was duped. Condi did not. She is a lying b*tch, who continues till today to justify Iraq war and will never show remorse for her murderous actions in Iraq.

Do you understand the above?

You two jerk offs are the only ones making an issue out of it..

I already replied to Votto's lies about Progs and Condi. He has no leg to stand on.

Without really knowing the context, the little modified quotation seems amusing, even ironic. Of course, it has been a long time since anyone accused the military of a sense of humor.
A lot more must have been going on. They wouldn't have risked the 'female minority scandal' situation otherwise.

Votto babbled: I don't see how Progs will have a problem destroying this young black woman. Just look at Condi Rice. Progs don't care about race unless they can exploit them for votes

My retort: You are clueless. Progs did not destroy Condi over her race or looks or her voice or her birth certificate.

Progs destroyed Condi because she lied to the American people about WMDs and took us into war. If progs hated blacks they would have destroyed Colin Powell too. Powell stopped lying after he realized he was duped. Condi did not. She is a lying b*tch, who continues till today to justify Iraq war and will never show remorse for her murderous actions in Iraq.

And what about Clarence Thomas and Herman Caine?

If Progs really destroyed people for lying, people like Obama and Al Sharpton would be atop the list.

You my friend are a partisan hack shill.

Just look at Harry Reid who said Obama won the election because he was light skinned and did not have a negro dialect.

No one is more racist than dirty Harry yet no Progs call him out.

Progs have no integrity and are the filth of the world

And what about Clarence Thomas and Herman Caine?

If Progs really destroyed people for lying, people like Obama and Al Sharpton would be atop the list.

You my friend are a partisan hack shill.

Just look at Harry Reid who said Obama won the election because he was light skinned and did not have a negro dialect.

No one is more racist than dirty Harry yet no Progs call him out.

Final word: Progs don't attack people on the basis of racial prejudice. Progs attack minority or majority candidates and politicians over disagreement over their horrible political policies. Try to wrap your mind around this.

Forum List

Back