Maricopa County certifying election is live....

First of all, my example concerns the way things work. Both way back when and up to the present.

As for a candidate running the election, the Secretary of State has her role that is defined by the law imposed by through state legislation. The nuts and bolts of running of an election is conducted on a county level under the rules imposed also through state legislation.
And if Trump were running the next presidential election, you'd say the same thing.

Right?

And if Trump were running the next presidential election, you'd say the same thing.

Right?

Not sure if I see your point. I will say if Trump was Arizona's Secretary of State while running for President then yes, I definitely would say the same thing. Our state laws don't allow that position to ride roughshod over the election process. Actual handling of the voting process is conducted at the county level. I'd also see no conflict if Trump was the County Recorder or a County Supervisor while running for office because likewise there are checks and balances in place at the county level too.

Because we currently don't handle elections at a federal level, none of these safeguards exists. Under those conditions I wouldn't want Trump nor any Democrat nor any other Republican as the federal election czar - whether they were running for president or not.

Not sure if I see your point. I will say if Trump was Arizona's Secretary of State while running for President then yes, I definitely would say the same thing. Our state laws don't allow that position to ride roughshod over the election process. Actual handling of the voting process is conducted at the county level. I'd also see no conflict if Trump was the County Recorder or a County Supervisor while running for office because likewise there are checks and balances in place at the county level too.

Because we currently don't handle elections at a federal level, none of these safeguards exists. Under those conditions I wouldn't want Trump nor any Democrat nor any other Republican as the federal election czar - whether they were running for president or not.
The election czars are the state legislatures and their inaction in this matter is a disgrace.

Bullshit. It was rigged from the start.

Forum List

Back