Mao Lives Again

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1.In the most astounding of developments, the recent events in America more than mirror the events and propaganda movements that the most psychotic homicidal maniac brought to China during the Great Leap Forward.

2. “Forced apologies and public shaming for doctrinal deviation sweep American culture
'It’s a project to force people to adopt a civic religion directly contrary to their knowledge of the world,' says S.T. Karnick, editor of The American Culture web site."
Forced apologies and public shaming for doctrinal deviation sweep American culture

3. We are witnessing the same forced opposition to law and order, to American tradition, to the imposition of the law of the jungle, that was the hallmark of Mao’s China.

Jung Chang, writing her memoires of life under Mao, “Wild Swans,” points to that sort of lock-step obedience to lies and propaganda.

“The lesson was that Mao’s authority was unchallengeable—even though he was clearly in the wrong. Officials could see that no matter how high up you were—and no matter what your standing—if you offended Mao you would fall into disgrace. They also knew that you could not speak your mind and resign, or even resign quietly: resignation was seen as an unacceptable protest. There was no opting out. The mouths of the Party as well as the people were now tightly sealed.”

Truth had no meaning…the party line was all that mattered.

4. “New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees learned that after saying he would “never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America.” Teammate Malcolm Jenkins issued a fiery response. And he was far from alone.
"And it's unfortunate because I considered you a friend,” Jenkins said. “I looked up to you. You're somebody who I had a great deal of respect for. But sometimes you should shut the f--- up.”

It’s only the latest example of a broadly held, previously uncontroversial opinion that suddenly had to be recanted and publicly atoned for. Consider actor Mario Lopez’s 2019 comments saying a three-year-old child shouldn’t be able to dictate his or her own gender.
There’s nothing wrong with what he said,” Gonzalez says. “It should still be normal to say that. [The flag] is a symbol of the nation, the goodness of the nation, and it’s to be respected.”

Such apologies remind [Mike Gonzalez, senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation] of Maoist China, where public humiliations enforce the prescribed groupthink.
“The language [Brees] used was straight out of critical social justice ‘I am’ statements like ‘I am an ally’ … you’re only an ally in times of war,” Gonzalez says, adding it’s reminiscent of the “struggle sessions” that took place in Communist China under Mao, often where the dissenting person worked.” Forced apologies and public shaming for doctrinal deviation sweep American culture

Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it. Santayana

1591875394379.png

Things are going to change and not for the better.

*****SMILE*****

:)

The average American post-1980 has been trained to social conformity. The power of the group over the individual has reached new heights in a nation founded upon the power of the individual.

What ever happened to ' the land of the free, and the home of the brave'?

It died with the social engineering that began in earnest in the 1970s.

The average American post-1980 has been trained to social conformity. The power of the group over the individual has reached new heights in a nation founded upon the power of the individual.

Unless we can pry the schools from them, as earlier American pried their slaves from them.....America is lost.

Unless we can pry the schools from them, as earlier American pried their slaves from them.....America is lost.

The former may require brute force, as much as did the latter.

I'm a card-carrying pessimist.....I don't see it happening.

The nihilists of the international Left will take us down, and go down with us.

Still hard to say. Generally speaking, all things have a breaking point, and the Democrats' sway over their cities may be more tenuous than they believe.

Media needs to be recognized as the active arm of a particular political party, not at all independent, and treated as such.

Still hard to say. Generally speaking, all things have a breaking point, and the Democrats' sway over their cities may be more tenuous than they believe.

Media needs to be recognized as the active arm of a particular political party, not at all independent, and treated as such.

From your keyboard to God's in-box.

1.In the most astounding of developments, the recent events in America more than mirror the events and propaganda movements that the most psychotic homicidal maniac brought to China during the Great Leap Forward.

2. “Forced apologies and public shaming for doctrinal deviation sweep American culture

'It’s a project to force people to adopt a civic religion directly contrary to their knowledge of the world,' says S.T. Karnick, editor of The American Culture web site."
Forced apologies and public shaming for doctrinal deviation sweep American culture

3. We are witnessing the same forced opposition to law and order, to American tradition, to the imposition of the law of the jungle, that was the hallmark of Mao’s China.

Jung Chang, writing her memoires of life under Mao, “Wild Swans,” points to that sort of lock-step obedience to lies and propaganda.

“The lesson was that Mao’s authority was unchallengeable—even though he was clearly in the wrong. Officials could see that no matter how high up you were—and no matter what your standing—if you offended Mao you would fall into disgrace. They also knew that you could not speak your mind and resign, or even resign quietly: resignation was seen as an unacceptable protest. There was no opting out. The mouths of the Party as well as the people were now tightly sealed.”

4. “New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees learned that after saying he would “never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States of America.” Teammate Malcolm Jenkins issued a fiery response. And he was far from alone.
"And it's unfortunate because I considered you a friend,” Jenkins said. “I looked up to you. You're somebody who I had a great deal of respect for. But sometimes you should shut the f--- up.”

It’s only the latest example of a broadly held, previously uncontroversial opinion that suddenly had to be recanted and publicly atoned for. Consider actor Mario Lopez’s 2019 comments saying a three-year-old child shouldn’t be able to dictate his or her own gender.
There’s nothing wrong with what he said,” Gonzalez says. “It should still be normal to say that. [The flag] is a symbol of the nation, the goodness of the nation, and it’s to be respected.”

Such apologies remind [Mike Gonzalez, senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation] of Maoist China, where public humiliations enforce the prescribed groupthink.
“The language [Brees] used was straight out of critical social justice ‘I am’ statements like ‘I am an ally’ … you’re only an ally in times of war,” Gonzalez says, adding it’s reminiscent of the “struggle sessions” that took place in Communist China under Mao, often where the dissenting person worked.” Forced apologies and public shaming for doctrinal deviation sweep American culture

I would compare it more to the Cultural Revolution, which happened due to the failure of the great leap forward. From the Red Guards , to the removal of the "four olds", that is the better comparison to me.

I would compare it more to the Cultural Revolution, which happened due to the failure of the great leap forward. From the Red Guards , to the removal of the "four olds", that is the better comparison to me.

I will cover the above in this thread......already prepared.

Yes, we are in the throws of a Cultural Marxist Revolution. It is just not Education, but that is a BIG part because they've been indoctrinating and brainwashing children for DECADES. The Left have also taken over the MEDIA, Entertainment Media, Social Media, TECH, and now most of Corporate America, Science and the Medical Community. It is daunting, because they now control all those institutions and can use them to generate the PROPAGANDA they need to sway people.

Yes, we are in the throws of a Cultural Marxist Revolution. It is just not Education, but that is a BIG part because they've been indoctrinating and brainwashing children for DECADES. The Left have also taken over the MEDIA, Entertainment Media, Social Media, TECH, and now most of Corporate America, Science and the Medical Community. It is daunting, because they now control all those institutions and can use them to generate the PROPAGANDA they need to sway people.
How many decades has this been occurring and where did you go to school?

5. This is what we have seen occur in America: 'It’s a project to force people to adopt a civic religion directly contrary to their knowledge of the world'

What America is undergoing is the mirror image of China under Mao.

This:

"The Kwan family met the Youth Brigade in their living room, which had shrunk to the size of a prison cell due to the number of shouting youth surrounding the family. They gazed at the youth in bewilderment unable to understand the evil that they had done.

“Do you repent? Do you confess to clinging to the old values?”

“Confess and seek reeducation and we will spare you!”

“You are guilty of old thought, old culture, old values…”

“You have built a lackey’s empire on the backs of the people!”

Kwan and his wife, along with their twelve-year-old son were bound and defenseless.

“You are part of the old…”

The tall leader of the cadre engages in a furious dialectic, spittle flying from his mouth.

“You are part of the old! Do you repent?”

With every line he spoke, he swung the black baton, heavy as a cricket bat.

“You will reform your decadent ways!”

“The old ways are a threat to the collective good of the people!”

“You will die if you retain your old beliefs!”

“Repent! Reject the old! Admit you have been seduced by unbeneficial and decadent thought!”

It continued for endless minutes- until the blows the student rained down stole the life from the family. The iron-tipped baton left bloody forms at his feet as he recited the catechism the students thirstily sought to hear.”
From the novel “The Stone Monkey,” by Jeffery Deaver

View attachment 348726

Things are going to change and not for the better.

*****SMILE*****

It just doesn't feel like America any longer, does it.

View attachment 348732

I won't even go into Des Moines or Omaha right now and you'd think that at least the first one mentioned would be safe. Can't even imagine what it's like where you live and I've been to New York City twice in my life.

Stay safe!

*****SMILE*****

Thanks for the info. Now I better understand why some people are predicting that even Iowa may go for Mr. Biden.

I guess my picture of Iowa is out of date. The state always symbolized for me Middle American values of hard work, honesty, and decent people. (And even Nebraska is changing?!)

To learn that some Mid West cities are becoming as dangerous as certain notorious American cities (no need to mention them) is heartbreaking. I am depressed enough because of COVID-19 and last week's anarchy.

Forum List

Back