many times, I have fired 1000+ rds per day

srlip

May 5, 2014
normally, half of those rds of ammo wer .22, but I've had dozens of days when they were all my cast bullet .45 reloads, too. When I was active in competition, I went thru 120,000 rds of ammo in 3 years, and hundreds, if not thousands of people do the same thing, 10's of thousands fire 10,000 + rds per year. So a guy having 10,000 rds in his house means exactlly nothing, folks. it just means that he knows he's going to shoot a lot, so he saves money by making bulk purchases.

I used to prime cases or size/lube bullets while I watched TV. :) but mostly, I just dryfired or worked on the draw while I watched, some mag swap practice, etc. Now I use the Airsoft guns for such stuff and keep a round chambered in the pocket gun i had to unload the chamber of the carry pistol for that practice before, and that meant lots of practice at swiftly cycling the slide to load the live rd.

Some days it takes all day to unload my new ammo from the truck. I'm thinking I could put in a bunker for storage up by my range so I would only have to start the fork lift once a month.

Forum List

Back