Man offered $350,000 settlement for violently being assaulted by a police officer.

We have discussed this case here before but a settlement has been offered. $350,000 for a violent assault. I wouldn't accept it. I would insist we take it to trial unless the officer was charged with assault.

Black Man Offered $350,000 Settlement After Being Violently Slammed by White Cop

"Just do as you are told and no one gets hurt" or so the argument goes.
Do cops get $350,000 for every time they're assaulted by a black man?

No, the person who assaults them gets charged with assault and goes to prison. Would you prefer that in this instance? It would be OK with me as a taxpayer.

We have discussed this case here before but a settlement has been offered. $350,000 for a violent assault. I wouldn't accept it. I would insist we take it to trial unless the officer was charged with assault.

Black Man Offered $350,000 Settlement After Being Violently Slammed by White Cop

No, the person who assaults them gets charged with assault and goes to prison. Would you prefer that in this instance? It would be OK with me as a taxpayer.
Yep, you should go to prison if you assault someone, even if you're a cop. I mean, isn't assault illegal?

So the black dude shouldn't get any money at all. He should be happy if the cop went to prison.

Fair is fair... right?

Hey Joe.

How you doing Jim, what's up?

I was thinking that if I get a job on the police department and beat you up, or vice versa, we can become rich.

good point

Yep, you should go to prison if you assault someone, even if you're a cop. I mean, isn't assault illegal?

So the black dude shouldn't get any money at all. He should be happy if the cop went to prison.

Fair is fair... right?

I'm good with that. Of course someone should be responsible for his medical costs but that would be a side issue.

If the settlement was the cop gets charged with assault and goes to jail like anyone that assaulted him would, I would be fine with that.

Starting with the false accusation of racism by obama against a white cop 13 years ago blacks have been crying wolf and I simply dont care anymore

If the city fathers want to pay the black guy $350,000 out of their own pockets fine

But I wouldnt give him one dime of taxpayer money

Starting with the false accusation of racism by obama against a white cop 13 years ago blacks have been crying wolf and I simply dont care anymore

If the city fathers want to pay the black guy $350,000 out of their own pockets fine

Nothing I said has anything to do with Obama.

Yes it does

He began the game of falsely accusing white cops of racism every time a black person resisted arrest

Thats called crying wolf

Yes it does

He began the game of falsely accusing white cops of racism every time a black person resisted arrest

Thats called crying wolf

This all started long before Obama. I really see nothing to accomplish by discussing this with you.

Don't they already get paid for doing their job. How much should they receive when they are assaulted by a white man?

At the end of the day, that $350,000 is $350,000 that the guy didn't already have and in my opinion, money like that is nothing to scoff at when it can do plenty of good for those who do not have even two coins to rub together.

God bless you and them and that man always!!!

Holly

Did someone mention Former President Obama?
1624200568685.png

He only got taken down. Yes he broke his wrist in the fall, but that is hardly a violent assault. Im not sure about giving him that much money for a broken wrist and a case of mistaken identity, but i suppose he deserves some money. Calling this a violent assault is dishonest though.

Fair is fair... right?

I'm good with that. Of course someone should be responsible for his medical costs but that would be a side issue.

If the settlement was the cop gets charged with assault and goes to jail like anyone that assaulted him would, I would be fine with that.
Medical costs for a broken wrist are very high at all, even without insurance.

Forum List

Back